Prediction 2021 leadership group

Brissyroo

Debutant
Apr 4, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
While we are making all these changes it's definitely time to change the leadership group.

JZ needs to focus on his playing career.

Taz captain
Simpkin, Dumont and Goldy VC

2022 - Josh Kelly (sorry let me dream ok!)

I agree, surprised JZ was renamed. Does Dumont being dropped from leadership give an indication that he's been hesitant to recommit?

Have a listen to Ziebell talk about him at the end...

Perhaps you should start looking at your beliefs.

Yep. The way he gets continually shredded on here by some posters is so disheartening. It's a really pleasant surprise to see him named, and I don't feel he's out of place at all in the leadership group when you consider the values his style of play embodies. He's an all 4 Quarter player with tenacity and pressure, and he leaves a hole not easily filled when he's not in the side.

So big congrats to him. He deserves every good word said about him in that clip:

Jy: "I'm really stoked for Kayno"

Zeibs: "Yeah it's awesome for Kayno. He's such an underrated footballer and person outside of our footy club and in the general footy public, and it might come as a surprise to some that he's in our leadership group but he's dead set picked first in our team every week for what he does on the field, and the way he carries himself throughout the footy club so it's a great opportunity to cement himself as a leader of the footy club and I'm very excited to welcome him in - it's awesome because he's got some great skills that are going to compliment us in what we're doing"

I'm wishing him so much good energies for 2021. He's always been one of my faves. :):thumbsu::purpleheart:

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Why the * are they going to the board about it?

Half of those clowns wouldn't know what a football looked like!

1614931702283.png

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If you watch the video when it's announced Frog doesn't look real impressed....and rightly so.

On a positive note, it's good to see Cunners in there. He is a fantastic leader by example rather than talk.

I doubt Dumont is best 22 which doesn't help his cause. Turner a surprise admittedly.

People love him on here but I think might be overtaken pretty quickly by the younger, quicker and more skilled crop we have.

Love his hard running and application but he's a very limited footballer.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Surprised Cunners is still in the leadership group tbh

very introverted keep to himself type

Need different types in a successful leadership group imo.

Don't want all talkers or all introverts.

A mix is good plus he deserves it.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I doubt Dumont is best 22 which doesn't help his cause. Turner a surprise admittedly.

People love him on here but I think might be overtaken pretty quickly by the younger, quicker and more skilled crop we have.

Love his hard running and application but he's a very limited footballer.

Frog walks into this 22.

Yes he has limitations, but a number of the younger guys have a long way to go to match his output

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Frog walks into this 22.

Yes he has limitations, but a number of the younger guys have a long way to go to match his output

Let's see I guess. I don't rate him at all but yes as so thin on mature players he likely stays due to fitness alone.

He'd want to improve to stay in future.

sruss

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Bump to start discussing 2022?

The shoe-ins:

Jy - The second half of this year is a 180 from the first, but Jyza taking over the captaincy would be the top of a fair list of positives from this season (IMO). Is clearly ready.

LMAC - Has been destined to lead the Club in some capacity for a while now. Like how he grew into the esteemed No. 11, I think he would do us all proud as the stand alone VC.

Jack - Definition of loyal servant. Whether in title or not, he will obviously always be a leader when out there. It should be a transition from Jack to Jy rather than just chopping him out of the group. His experience and maturity also important for what will undoubtedly be a young group.

The possibles:

Robbie - Like Jack, has served the club dutifully and to a high standard for a number of years. His return to the side coincided with our uptick in form, and I don’t think his leadership in the back line can be understated (even if his actual performance is not what it used to be).

Kayne - Divisive amongst North fans, but had obviously cemented himself into Noble’s team as the lockdown tagger. Has a lot he can teach to others about heart, courage and selflessness (sacrificing his own game to nullify a dangerous opposition). Despite seemingly being around forever, is only 26.

The smokeys/ future possibilities:

Zurhaar - Some of the performances this guy had ripped out in fourth quarters this year have been amazing. The bloke lives in the clutch. Much has been spoken about how the responsibility of raising a dog has matured him and helped bring his game to another level. What could the responsibility of leadership do?

Larkey - This guy had played 29 games before the start of this season. Was given Drewie’s number and asked to lead the forward line of the last placed team in the competition. The first third of the season was nothing special, but anyone who watches us every game can literally see the improvement and growth each week. Has displayed talent, reliability and maturity as the season has gone on. Maybe not yet, but can see him there one day.

LDU - Like Larkey, North fans have been able to see LDU’s game climb to another level this year. His junior profile and his ceiling in the AFL is the archetype of a modern Captain - midfield gun who racks up clearances and contested possessions and who steps up in big moments. Don’t think he’s there yet, but again, one day.

McKay - The rise this guy has gone from (in form and in confidence) has been meteoric. A super star full back in the making (if not already). Predict he follows in Robbie’s footsteps as a mainstay in the leadership group for years to come.

Too early to consider the likes of Phillips and Laz, but they also seem natural leaders destined to lead one day.

Bump to start discussing 2022?

The shoe-ins:

Jy - The second half of this year is a 180 from the first, but Jyza taking over the captaincy would be the top of a fair list of positives from this season (IMO). Is clearly ready.

LMAC - Has been destined to lead the Club in some capacity for a while now. Like how he grew into the esteemed No. 11, I think he would do us all proud as the stand alone VC.

Jack - Definition of loyal servant. Whether in title or not, he will obviously always be a leader when out there. It should be a transition from Jack to Jy rather than just chopping him out of the group. His experience and maturity also important for what will undoubtedly be a young group.

The possibles:

Robbie - Like Jack, has served the club dutifully and to a high standard for a number of years. His return to the side coincided with our uptick in form, and I don’t think his leadership in the back line can be understated (even if his actual performance is not what it used to be).

Kayne - Divisive amongst North fans, but had obviously cemented himself into Noble’s team as the lockdown tagger. Has a lot he can teach to others about heart, courage and selflessness (sacrificing his own game to nullify a dangerous opposition). Despite seemingly being around forever, is only 26.

The smokeys/ future possibilities:

Zurhaar - Some of the performances this guy had ripped out in fourth quarters this year have been amazing. The bloke lives in the clutch. Much has been spoken about how the responsibility of raising a dog has matured him and helped bring his game to another level. What could the responsibility of leadership do?

Larkey - This guy had played 29 games before the start of this season. Was given Drewie’s number and asked to lead the forward line of the last placed team in the competition. The first third of the season was nothing special, but anyone who watches us every game can literally see the improvement and growth each week. Has displayed talent, reliability and maturity as the season has gone on. Maybe not yet, but can see him there one day.

LDU - Like Larkey, North fans have been able to see LDU’s game climb to another level this year. His junior profile and his ceiling in the AFL is the archetype of a modern Captain - midfield gun who racks up clearances and contested possessions and who steps up in big moments. Don’t think he’s there yet, but again, one day.

McKay - The rise this guy has gone from (in form and in confidence) has been meteoric. A super star full back in the making (if not already). Predict he follows in Robbie’s footsteps as a mainstay in the leadership group for years to come.

Too early to consider the likes of Phillips and Laz, but they also seem natural leaders destined to lead one day.
I think that Luke is the classic 2IC. And I mean no disrespect in that. Will continue to flourish with some responsibility but not fall into the trap of trying too hard to live up to the number 1 spot.

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I say it goes to Jy, but we can't forget Luke McDonald. Seems like he's the glue that holds the group together, you always hear from the new draftees that he's the first to give them a call, he's the one doing the little player interview videos, etc. We're spoiled for choice

sruss

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I say it goes to Jy, but we can't forget Luke McDonald. Seems like he's the glue that holds the group together, you always hear from the new draftees that he's the first to give them a call, he's the one doing the little player interview videos, etc. We're spoiled for choice
I’ve noticed that too, he’s always one of the first to speak to the new guys apparently.

Back