2021 Leadership group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pendlebury (C), Taylor Adams, Darcy Moore, Jeremy Howe.

Pendlebury has been very open about wanting at least one more season without the captaincy, so I'm not sure we should all be so quick to assume he'll be the captain again next year.

This was re-iterated by Buckley when his captaincy for 2020 was announced earlier this year.

Pendlebury has been very open about wanting at least one more season without the captaincy, so I'm not sure we should all be so quick to assume he'll be the captain again next year.

This was re-iterated by Buckley when his captaincy for 2020 was announced earlier this year.
And I know, Age is nothing when it comes to Pendles.

But he'll be 33 in January. He may feel its time.

Taylor Adams is 27, in his prime, mature enough and has cleaned out the silly turnovers in his game mostly.

Maybe it’s time for him to take up the responsibility of captain.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure why so many are keen to omit Sidey from the leadership group. His indiscretion this year has no bearing to his on-field performances. If anything, it hopefully makes him a better leader. He stays for mine.

Pendles captain if he wants it again
If not Adams
Aim high Grundy and Moore as next.
Sidebum burnt the club this year. Owes us big time.

I would like to see De Goey into the leadership group.

Start turning himself from a boy into a man and setting an example to the younger kids.

You would hope that with a leadership role, our faith in resigning him and naturally growing up - that this could be a real turning point in his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like to see De Goey into the leadership group.

Start turning himself from a boy into a man and setting an example to the younger kids.

You would hope that with a leadership role, our faith in resigning him and naturally growing up - that this could be a real turning point in his career.
he aint no leader yet. Needs to prove himself.

he aint no leader yet. Needs to prove himself.
Hes not going to become a leader without an opportunty.

Get him in the group, make him feel like hes a part of the decision making process.

Its clear the club has chosen him over a number of others, (Stephenson, Treloar, et al).

Give him the opportunity to repay the faith.

Hes not going to become a leader without an opportunty.

Get him in the group, make him feel like hes a part of the decision making process.

Its clear the club has chosen him over a number of others, (Stephenson, Treloar, et al).

Give him the opportunity to repay the faith.
He has to want to be in a leadership group. Doesn't seem like the type. Lets wait a couple years and see how he goes. Needs to present leadership around the club and on field first.

He has to want to be in a leadership group. Doesn't seem like the type. Lets wait a couple years and see how he goes. Needs to present leadership around the club and on field first.
His appointment would be as much about making him accountable as it would be for his personal growth.

We're investing a lot of money into this kid, and potentially more in the coming years. Lets find out what hes made of.

He will never be the captain of the club, but as the figurehead of our forward line, I think he deserves an opportunity to have some earned authority and not just be the bully.

His appointment would be as much about making him accountable as it would be for his personal growth.

We're investing a lot of money into this kid, and potentially more in the coming years. Lets find out what hes made of.

He will never be the captain of the club, but as the figurehead of our forward line, I think he deserves an opportunity to have some earned authority and not just be the bully.
there's prob other ways in doing that, rather than in an official capacity, so probably why i don't see it happening.

there's prob other ways in doing that, rather than in an official capacity, so probably why i don't see it happening.
Yeah look we're not going to see eye to eye on this.

I think the official capacity is the only way to keep him accountable.

Sure you could invite him along to the leadership group meetings every now and then, and make him an 'unofficial' leader. But that's just setting him up for failure.

Sure you could invite him along to the leadership group meetings every now and then, and make him an 'unofficial' leader. But that's just setting him up for failure.
Maybe.

But probably wouldn't be a good look, to have someone being charged for sexual assault in a leadership role..

De Goey is clearly in a similar mould to Swan, and Swan didn't belong in the leadership group either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back