2021 Leadership group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Although the mind instantly drifts towards a fresh start (Adams) I think we need Pendles to steer us through a 2021 where the Media will be after our blood after every loss + Buckley's final year of a contract.

I would've moved to Sidebottom this year if not for his actions so I would have the following.

Pendles (C)
Adams (VC)
Howe + Maynard (+ maybe Steele, depending on how his stuff up was handled internally) round out the group

Moore and Grundy to stay as far away from the Leadership group as possible, both give up far too easily and I despise their body language/their views on football.

Captain - Pendlebury
VC - Adams
Leadership Group - Sidebottom
Leadership Group - Howe

Keep it simple. Don't need a heap of players in here

Do you think there should be a representative from each line? Which forward would you put in the leadership group? (Got me beat too!)

De Goey is clearly in a similar mould to Swan, and Swan didn't belong in the leadership group either.
I disagree with this.

Whilst they have both have a “bad boy” persona - Swan was very clear the football was a means to an end. There were never really any contract disputes with Swan.

De Goey on the other hand is a footballer, sees it as a career and understands he is in this for a short time and he should maximise his earning potential. As a way to make him more invested and shape the direction of the club moving forward, why not give him an opportunity to joint the leadership group?

I disagree with this.

Whilst they have both have a “bad boy” persona - Swan was very clear the football was a means to an end. There were never really any contract disputes with Swan.

De Goey on the other hand is a footballer, sees it as a career and understands he is in this for a short time and he should maximise his earning potential. As a way to make him more invested and shape the direction of the club moving forward, why not give him an opportunity to joint the leadership group?

Maybe let his current legal proceedings play out first?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He has to want to be in a leadership group. Doesn't seem like the type. Lets wait a couple years and see how he goes. Needs to present leadership around the club and on field first.

You don’t need a label to be a leader.

You don’t need a label to be a leader.

If you’re a natural leader, then I agree that you don’t ”need” the label - you already feel the responsibility even if nobody is watching you.

If you’re not a natural leader, the title can sharpen your senses a bit, especially if you’re prone to immaturity.

I like the idea of moving deGoey up to the LT to see if he is worth the huge investment in a couple of years.

If you’re a natural leader, then I agree that you don’t ”need” the label - you already feel the responsibility even if nobody is watching you.

If you’re not a natural leader, the title can sharpen your senses a bit, especially if you’re prone to immaturity.

I like the idea of moving deGoey up to the LT to see if he is worth the huge investment in a couple of years.

Sorry, just can’t see leadership in him or how including him in the leadership group would change that. May evolve over coming seasons but I wouldn’t even entertain it until there was some level of leadership in either his on or off field behaviors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, just can’t see leadership in him or how including him in the leadership group would change that. May evolve over coming seasons but I wouldn’t even entertain it until there was some level of leadership in either his on or off field behaviors.

Yeah I can definitely see what you mean, but I’d like to give him some responsibility to guide some younger players.

See if that twigs something in his brain to be more conscious of his own standards, he may actually find he likes it as well.

Pendles C
Taylor Adams VC
Howe, Moore & Sidebottom as leadership group members

I'd go pretty simple:
Pendles - Captain
Adams and Grundy - Vice-Captains

Add 2 of the following to the Leadership Group: Moore, Sidey, Mihocek, Howe

Yeah I can definitely see what you mean, but I’d like to give him some responsibility to guide some younger players.

See if that twigs something in his brain to be more conscious of his own standards, he may actually find he likes it as well.

Yeah, I'd be happy to see him assigned a mentorship role with 1 of our new recruits. I think that sort of responsibility would be good for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back