• Kosi Pickett

• Josh Schache

• Cody Weightman

• Bailey Williams

• Lachie Hunter

• Easton Wood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

It's the most wonderful time of the football year! Grand Final week, where we find out which club supporters have bragging rights for 12 months and who will be mercilessly trolled for that same period (or longer). A new player will make a hero of themself by winning the Norm Smith Medal, and another may be robbed like Boyd and Houli, but most importantly, we get to crown a new Leon Davis Medallist! :thumbsu:

leondavismedalface2_zps1ad7d175 (1).jpg

A Bay 13 tradition, the Leon Davis Medal is awarded to the player deemed 'worst on ground' in the Grand Final. :drunk:
A quick glance at the dishonour roll below shows that there is no concrete criteria for WOG, you can determine it however you like. Whether it's based on expectations (Rioli, Dangerfield) or just pure s**t output (Tippett); or whether you vote for the invisible man (Jenkins) or on disposal counts (Finlayson); the guy who appeared to be a double agent (Ballantyne); or the underperforming stat-padder (Sidebottom). There are many more ways to determine the WOG than the BOG. :rainbow:

Winners:

2011: Alan Didak
2012: Cyril Rioli
2013: Hayden Ballantyne
2014: Lewis Jetta
2015: Jack Darling
2016: Kurt Tippett
2017: Josh Jenkins
2018: Steele Sidebottom
2019: Jeremy Finlayson
2020: Patrick Dangerfield
2021: ???

Whilst tomorrow certainly does have a feelgood kind of vibe to it, the Leon always brings out the trolling and schaudenfreude. Perhaps even moreso considering the potential closeness of this contest. Plus it's something supporters of the other 16 clubs can be involved in.

So who will it be? The Ross Lyon of the Leon Gary Rohan isn't here to finally break through, it's all fresh faces.
Will Michael Hibberd finally channel his inner Essendon and troll zackah by vanishing in a final? On the other hand, 'DJ s**t Boy' (Aker Charlie Spargo) has a name made for the occasion. If he's quiet, Adam Treloar is sure to attract a tsunami of votes from b**hurt (no Ivermectin) Pies flogs and Kane Cornes. Or will Jason Johanissen be the first player to win the Norm Smith*/Leon Davis double?

Post your predictions from now, post your nominations during the game, and we'll see who wins this most inglorious of awards. :$

Tim English was born for this award

*, how did I forget him in the write-up. :$ I even double checked the teams to confirm that JJ made the cut.

English is a good shout as he will get smashed by Gawn in the ruck but with Stef Martin playing he will hide mostly up forward where he's less of a spud.

I would've had my money on Josh Bruce too if he was playing as he's a downhill skier who kicks bags against Norf but goes missing against good teams.

Don’t worry about Gary (1 possession in a prelim) Rohan, is there not an anti Gary Ayers medal for worst finals performer now named in Rohan’s honour?

Don’t worry about Gary (1 possession in a prelim) Rohan, is there not an anti Gary Ayers medal for worst finals performer now named in Rohan’s honour?

It's got to be named after Gary, even Leon had some not stinker minor finals.

Tom McDonald feels like the type that could go missing hard.

As for the Dogs, someone like English or Treloar makes sense.

Be interesting to see though, reckon it’ll be a close granny without much standout s**t.

I had honestly forgotten that Kurt Tippett was on the field in the 2016 GF.
And I've watched the replay quite a large number of times...

Tim English/Stefan Martin to share it, maxy to dominate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going left field and predicting Mitch Hannan. And no, not because he left us. He wouldn't have been in our best 22 anyway.
I just expect him to do a 2017 Josh Jenkins in this match.

Alex Keath has 100% game timr, no stats

Back