• Kosi Pickett

• Josh Schache

• Cody Weightman

• Bailey Williams

• Lachie Hunter

• Easton Wood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Liberatore isn’t on this? Seriously?

The one time you *******s have a shot to dig at and you don’t even nominate him?

Disgrace, I voted for Pickett because I saw him lose a foot race once

EDIT: forgot Weightman played, who wants the new Milne without the rapey bits as a trade? :$
Libba is a sick campaigner tbh

That gives him easy brownie points to avoid lists like this

Hey everyone, I really enjoy this every year and have voted (Weightman obviously). I'd like to lend my support to one of the comments on the first page that the award should be renamed. In my case, there are two reasons. First, Leon Davis was an outstanding footballer and - yes - he played some bad finals, but he has endured a ton of racism across his career and since. I think it would be a gesture of goodwill to remove his name from the award. Second, this award should only have one player's name on it in perpetuity, and we all know whose name that is. I don't even need to say it (I've considered suing him after I put money on him to win the Norm Smith Medal in 2014).

Hey everyone, I really enjoy this every year and have voted (Weightman obviously). I'd like to lend my support to one of the comments on the first page that the award should be renamed. In my case, there are two reasons. First, Leon Davis was an outstanding footballer and - yes - he played some bad finals, but he has endured a ton of racism across his career and since. I think it would be a gesture of goodwill to remove his name from the award. Second, this award should only have one player's name on it in perpetuity, and we all know whose name that is. I don't even need to say it (I've considered suing him after I put money on him to win the Norm Smith Medal in 2014).
Rohan is already getting the bizarro world version of the Gary Ayers medal named in his honour. 👍

B06D2081-E758-4EF2-A54B-22F27E96DF76.jpeg

It's the most wonderful time of the football year! Grand Final week, where we find out which club supporters have bragging rights for 12 months and who will be mercilessly trolled for that same period (or longer). A new player will make a hero of themself by winning the Norm Smith Medal, and another may be robbed like Boyd and Houli, but most importantly, we get to crown a new Leon Davis Medallist! :thumbsu:

View attachment 1244741

A Bay 13 tradition, the Leon Davis Medal is awarded to the player deemed 'worst on ground' in the Grand Final. :drunk:
A quick glance at the dishonour roll below shows that there is no concrete criteria for WOG, you can determine it however you like. Whether it's based on expectations (Rioli, Dangerfield) or just pure s**t output (Tippett); or whether you vote for the invisible man (Jenkins) or on disposal counts (Finlayson); the guy who appeared to be a double agent (Ballantyne); or the underperforming stat-padder (Sidebottom). There are many more ways to determine the WOG than the BOG. :rainbow:

Winners:

2011: Alan Didak
2012: Cyril Rioli
2013: Hayden Ballantyne
2014: Lewis Jetta
2015: Jack Darling
2016: Kurt Tippett
2017: Josh Jenkins
2018: Steele Sidebottom
2019: Jeremy Finlayson
2020: Patrick Dangerfield
2021: ???

Whilst tomorrow certainly does have a feelgood kind of vibe to it, the Leon always brings out the trolling and schaudenfreude. Perhaps even moreso considering the potential closeness of this contest. Plus it's something supporters of the other 16 clubs can be involved in.

So who will it be? The Ross Lyon of the Leon Gary Rohan isn't here to finally break through, it's all fresh faces.
Will Michael Hibberd finally channel his inner Essendon and troll zackah by vanishing in a final? On the other hand, 'DJ sh*t Boy' (Aker Charlie Spargo) has a name made for the occasion. If he's quiet, Adam Treloar is sure to attract a tsunami of votes from b**hurt (no Ivermectin) Pies flogs and Kane Cornes. Or will Jason Johanissen be the first player to win the Norm Smith*/Leon Davis double?

Post your predictions from now, post your nominations during the game, and we'll see who wins this most inglorious of awards. :$

No love for Easton Wood in the polls?

This comes up every year and it's not changing. Leon stunk up all but 1 of the GFs he played and was even dropped for the 2010 replay. It's not like he's Ballantyne or Jenkins who shat the bed once and never got to redeem themselves, he had multiple chances to erase the perception, thus his 'legacy' grew.
Plus how could we ever rename it after a guy who has had 3 chances to win and was still never deemed WOG?

No love for Easton Wood in the polls?

He's there now.

The "Rohan" should be awarded for the worst player in a finals series.
Caveat should be the player must play in a minimum of 2 finals to be eligible for the award.

I reckon you should be able to make it with 1 if that 1 is horrendous and the field is weak.
The Rohan is harder to run than the Leon though because whoever does it probably has to actually supply stats, since aside from Gary himself, it's hard to catch a standout for shitness over multiple games.

This comes up every year and it's not changing. Leon stunk up all but 1 of the GFs he played and was even dropped for the 2010 replay. It's not like he's Ballantyne or Jenkins who shat the bed once and never got to redeem themselves, he had multiple chances to erase the perception, thus his 'legacy' grew.
Plus how could we ever rename it after a guy who has had 3 chances to win and was still never deemed WOG?

He's there now.

Thank you sir. He won't win it because Weightman is a campaigner but he was actually the worst player on the ground by a mile

I reckon you should be able to make it with 1 if that 1 is horrendous and the field is weak.
The Rohan is harder to run than the Leon though because whoever does it probably has to actually supply stats, since aside from Gary himself, it's hard to catch a standout for shitness over multiple games.

Yeah that is fair enough, a stinker in an Elim Final should be rewarded if your side is eliminated, whether or not a garbage single effort in week 1 of the finals is remembered 4 weeks later is another thing but BF posters have long memories when it comes to this sort of thing.

Tom Liberatore isn’t on this? Seriously?

The one time you *******s have a shot to dig at and you don’t even nominate him?

Disgrace, I voted for Pickett because I saw him lose a foot race once

EDIT: forgot Weightman played, who wants the new Milne without the rapey bits as a trade? :$
Where the * have you been gamblor?

Caleb Daniel was tremding on Twitter earlier today woth lots of people saying that him standing over Max Gawn on the sidelines sparked Melbourne's comeback. I don't agree with that argument myself but it's interesting that no one here seems to agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This year its very hard to pick a Leon Davis Medalist, sort of like 2018.

Caleb Daniel was tremding on Twitter earlier today woth lots of people saying that him standing over Max Gawn on the sidelines sparked Melbourne's comeback. I don't agree with that argument myself but it's interesting that no one here seems to agree.
In a way, I reckon it did.
It fired Viney up, which led to the Fritsch goal. It was also the moment Dogga Jackson was thrown into the ruck and he gave us the spark to kick the next 6 goals of the quarter from the middle.

Went with Mitch Hannan.

Have questioned through out the year why this guy gets a game every week and his performance in the GF optimises that.

Absolutely useless.
Downhill skiier who was no longer in our best 22. If he was still with us, he would maybe have displaced Kade Chandler in the 26 but that's about it. VFL standard player who looked look last week against a Port side who looked like a SANFL standard team.
Martin is cooked but an understandable selection. He was the best option out of Martin, Young and Sweet (to Joffa and George Pell - if you're reading this, stop getting excited. Thats just the players names).

Why on God's earth would you outlay honest coin on that chump to win a Norm Smith?

Last edited:
Weightman has it in the bag

There was so much hype on him after the game he flopped in
Vandemeer would be pretty filthy right now getting dropped for him after winning the Semi for the Dogs.

Yeah that is fair enough, a stinker in an Elim Final should be rewarded if your side is eliminated, whether or not a garbage single effort in week 1 of the finals is remembered 4 weeks later is another thing but BF posters have long memories when it comes to this sort of thing.

I was also referring to a guy who misses a QF win then stinks up a prelim. That sort of thing sticks in the memory.

This year its very hard to pick a Leon Davis Medalist, sort of like 2018.

2018 was an epic game where pretty much everyone did something decent at times, that's the only way that Sidebottom wins the Leon with the game he played. It was a harder choice because there was no really 'deserving' winner, whereas this year Weightman, Pickett, Hannan, and McDonald (f**k junktime) were all so putrid they wouldn't look out of place alongside some of our biggest landslide winners like Finlayson or Jenkins.

Back