Cubs2Lions

Team Captain
Jan 12, 2021
Adelaide
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
South Adelaide

Club interview with Grant Birchall for anyone interested in reading/listening.

Last edited:

spotthedog1

Club Legend
Nov 13, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I shudder to think how much we paid a marketing team to come up with "I am lion"
Hate it. Just comes off so fake and tacky.

When you see things like "I'll be saying I Am Lion for years to come", it doesn't even sound close to something a player would say. You can't even picture it. Every article or post that pretends to be from a player that starts like that just comes off as completely phony.

It's like someone watched The 300 for the first time and decided that "This is Sparta" was really edgey and tried to turn it into a jarringly bad catchcry.

Gadzorks

Premium Gold
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Brings Hugh up to free agency the next time he’s out of contract.
I think quite a few who benefited from Hodge's move to the lions will follow in his footsteps.

I seem to remember a few talking of possible coaching post playing.

Andrews is one and starting as a player/leader/coach in a different playing group is probably a great springboard.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
"...hi to all, Hugh here just to let you know that you are stuck with me for another 3yrs...I am still a Lion"

...a bit more realistic;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

martinson

Premiership Player
Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Interesting to hear Birchall say that he has shed a couple of kilos for this season because I noted earlier that some of the guys seemed to be a bit trimmer.

Impossible to tell from the vids of training I guess but McStay and Ah Chee were two who I thought were noticeably lighter.

Dlions

Premium Platinum
Aug 12, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Interesting to hear Birchall say that he has shed a couple of kilos for this season because I noted earlier that some of the guys seemed to be a bit trimmer.

Impossible to tell from the vids of training I guess but McStay and Ah Chee were two who I thought were noticeably lighter.
Ely and Adams also looking much leaner this year.
Back to longer game time, less rotations. A strong need to be fitter to run out games.

Johnny Bananas

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2010
A sugar refinery
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad