2021 Lions Off-season

Remove this Banner Ad

Would you rather me keep the "snippets" to myself or pass it on if its ok by the "someone" to share? Sometimes I am told stuff and its not for public knowledge & sometimes I can share it however I 100% do not work nor speak for the club. Most of my posts are opinion based and not quotes so why would people think I represent the club? In any case, please be advised that I don't work nor represent the club in anything I post of BF. If its still perceived that way, I will leave BF permanently because I dont want my thoughts/comments taken as the clubs as its not fair on the club & wrong.

If anyone here is interested, Harry Sharp's time in the 3 ker was 8 minutes 52 seconds.

Mighty Lions, I think it’s safe to say I speak for all here when I say the snippets you share are very much appreciated and I’d be sad to see that stop.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Would you rather me keep the "snippets" to myself or pass it on if its ok by the "someone" to share? Sometimes I am told stuff and its not for public knowledge & sometimes I can share it however I 100% do not work nor speak for the club. Most of my posts are opinion based and not quotes so why would people think I represent the club? In any case, please be advised that I don't work nor represent the club in anything I post of BF. If its still perceived that way, I will leave BF permanently because I dont want my thoughts/comments taken as the clubs as its not fair on the club & wrong.

If anyone here is interested, Harry Sharp's time in the 3 ker was 8 minutes 52 seconds.
My only fear is the snippets will dry up if we have a heated discussion around one of your opinions.

As others have mentioned, keep up with what you’re allowed to share.

My only fear is the snippets will dry up if we have a heated discussion around one of your opinions.

As others have mentioned, keep up with what you’re allowed to share.

Doesn't worry me. I love debating with Mighty Lions - especially when I know I'm right and he's wrong ;)

I love the diversity in opinions on Big Footy - one thing I hate and stops me from posting more is when we have an inundation of posters who turn into trolls and get nasty/personal towards players. I get that you can't avoid it on forums, but especially in 2020 negativity for the sake of negativity really got to me. Enough worries in the world as it is and love coming here for genuine footy chat and not sifting through trolls.

Doesn't worry me. I love debating with Mighty Lions - especially when I know I'm right and he's wrong ;)

I love the diversity in opinions on Big Footy - one thing I hate and stops me from posting more is when we have an inundation of posters who turn into trolls and get nasty/personal towards players. I get that you can't avoid it on forums, but especially in 2020 negativity for the sake of negativity really got to me. Enough worries in the world as it is and love coming here for genuine footy chat and not sifting through trolls.

I think 18,000+ posts in 7 years is more than enough from you.

I think the fact that you've had to make such an explanation only evidences that the way you've spoken very much has given the impression that you are closer to the inside than just getting a few snippets here and there. Fully accept you clarification and apologise for my words. For my part I've thanked you recently for your report on my thoughts on players keen to see this year and appreciate your insights.

I for one really appreciate your insights on here Mighty Lions!

Please keep posting - I enjoy what you put up.

And boy can young harry run . I know 3k time isn't the best criteria for pace in AFL as it's all acceleration and 10)20/30m sprints but it's really impressive.

Doesn't have to be the best footballer but I hope he can footy well enough to get games. If he can catch all they have to do is keep him wide, get the ball to him and watch him fly. Imagine his opponent's reaction when they have to try to chase him down. He could literally run rings around most players.

Relistened to the season wrap again and smiled when Michael whiting said he thought the club would be aiming to bring in some speed. He was spot on, and they delivered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please keep posting - I enjoy what you put up.

And boy can young harry run . I know 3k time isn't the best criteria for pace in AFL as it's all acceleration and 10)20/30m sprints but it's really impressive.

Doesn't have to be the best footballer but I hope he can footy well enough to get games. If he can catch all they have to do is keep him wide, get the ball to him and watch him fly. Imagine his opponent's reaction when they have to try to chase him down. He could literally run rings around most players.

Relistened to the season wrap again and smiled when Michael whiting said he thought the club would be aiming to bring in some speed. He was spot on, and they delivered.
I want to see the kid play first before jumping on the hype train.

And he’s got to hit the weights and eat some Maccas.

Must admit, I'll even worry for him in the new East Coast League. I doubt he's played much against men before, other than training sessions, so good thing he can run and to be honest, you'd almost forgive him for trying to be a bruise free player for the next year or two.

Not sure he’ll ever really bulk up, lots of distance runners have slight builds. A post exercise life of booze and bad food might do it, works for lots of us but we aren’t aiming to be elite athletes.

My, and I suspect others, hype so far was really appreciation of his running, and hoping he can make it to AFL level rather than thinking it’s going to happen. It’s pre season so fantasy’s are in full flight.

As soon as I saw him, I thought of Josh Schache......hope he has more grit about him than Josh

Not sure he’ll ever really bulk up, lots of distance runners have slight builds. A post exercise life of booze and bad food might do it, works for lots of us but we aren’t aiming to be elite athletes.

My, and I suspect others, hype so far was really appreciation of his running, and hoping he can make it to AFL level rather than thinking it’s going to happen. It’s pre season so fantasy’s are in full flight.
I believe he’s got the frame to have a decent build, it’s just that up until now, his running hasn’t allowed him to bulk up.

I believe he’s got the frame to have a decent build, it’s just that up until now, his running hasn’t allowed him to bulk up.

I agree. He does seem to have a bigger frame to work with although I suggest the idea would be to add some bulk to deal with the contact but not too much where he would lose his big advantage. I would be hoping he turns into an Isaac Smith or Brad Hill type. Both are excellent runners but definitely on the lean side.

Nah, he has a reputation from his U17 year of going in hard, when it’s on line.
I guess the other person I recall that had a very light frame when he first entered the AFL was Nat Fyfe. Not saying Harry is the same type of player or will be anywhere near as good, more that these kids bodies can change dramatically in an AFL environment over a couple of years.

I guess the other person I recall that had a very light frame when he first entered the AFL was Nat Fyfe. Not saying Harry is the same type of player or will be anywhere near as good, more that these kids bodies can change dramatically in an AFL environment over a couple of years.

..hmm, another Nat Fyfe would be handy!;)

It was interesting with last year’s draft, there were quite a few 190cm plus wing types, particularly from Vic, who did very good 2km time trials and sub 3 second 20m sprints.

If these boys come on, Harry will be giving up between 5cm to 10cm against players from his draft class.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back