2021 Lions Off-season

Remove this Banner Ad

And most people would have learned from getting outraged about the club not promoting the Carlton practice match last year where people couldn't attend anyway.

Is the practise match you were referring to different than the JLT match vs Carlton? I went to a pre season match at Princess Park v Carlton last year and loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is the practise match you were referring to different than the JLT match vs Carlton? I went to a pre season match at Princess Park v Carlton last year and loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Was also there and was looking forward to a repeat of it this year. But just wasn't meant to be

Understand why it's not being streamed, but think it's a lost opportunity to not post a replay. Could have a sponsors watermark on the video and would no doubt get a lot of view given it's Joe's first hitout. Wasted marketing opportunity IMO.

I hear a lot of talk about how many home games we had last year & the games that we played at Metricon were home games too because it's just down the road.

Don't hear much about the other side, how when every other team plays at the Gabba weekly or bi-weekly how it becomes more familiar & less of an away ground for them.
Exactly this. Brisbanes home advantage was surely chewed up by the end of the season. Nobody was travelling at all which removes another aspect of ground advantages as well.

On broadcasting/streaming of the warm up matches. For Queensland. Each year for the last 10 or 20 years the Lions and fans have complained about the NRL (Broncos and Titans) and the Qld Reds (rugby union) getting the jump on the AFL and getting the fans back into winter Footy sooner than the AFL. In Queensland with the fickle supporters or indeed multiple footy code supporters the first mover advantage can/does equal crowds. This year the Lions and Suns don't play to 20/21st March where the NRL this year only have the 1 week's advantage starting the week before but their pre-season trials getting a run on all free-to-air news reports and extensive analysis in all the papers. Both the Broncos (new coach) and Titans (brilliant recruiting) have some excitement about them and the Reds (young list improving like the Lions) are already playing and winning.

I would have thought, in just a competitive sense, the AFL would be keen to give access to the AFL Fans as much as possible of some footy even a pre-season scratch match. But then, the trend continues, even this year when the AFL through the Lions have the momentum on their side (the Broncos came last with the wooden spoon last year) they are not capitalising on an excellent opportunity of the Lions with big name recruits and the Suns with a brilliant young list coming through being showcased.
I very much doubt that a scratch match being streamed on Youtube is going to be what brings all the league bandwagoners over

I went to a practice match at Metricon last year or the year before with nothing open, they literally just opened the gates and let you go in and watch. Its not being entitled to do what you have previously done. Its called freedom

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you rather me keep the "snippets" to myself or pass it on if its ok by the "someone" to share? Sometimes I am told stuff and its not for public knowledge & sometimes I can share it however I 100% do not work nor speak for the club. Most of my posts are opinion based and not quotes so why would people think I represent the club? In any case, please be advised that I don't work nor represent the club in anything I post of BF. If its still perceived that way, I will leave BF permanently because I dont want my thoughts/comments taken as the clubs as its not fair on the club & wrong.

If anyone here is interested, Harry Sharp's time in the 3 ker was 8 minutes 52 seconds.
Why don’t you post anymore Lurking Lion?

Up until now, Harris has looked like one of the younger lads, which bely's his nickname, but I don't know, that haircut and maybe bulking up more and he looks a fully fledged man if that makes any sense.

Up until now, Harris has looked like one of the younger lads, which bely's his nickname, but I don't know, that haircut and maybe bulking up more and he looks a fully fledged man if that makes any sense.

Harris is huge
You have to be close up to see his size. He is quite broad across the shoulders
I am usually a fair distance from players at the Gabba as most of us are.
Recently i have been on the fence taking photos at training and scratch matches and on 3 occasions he walked past me about 2 meters away
On each occasion he said hi and how are thing going. Just a standard greeting but nice to be acknowledged

Remove this Banner Ad

Back