List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Academy, Contracts, Trading & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
There are only 3 players worthy of this tenure, Whitfield, Greene and Kelly.
Whitfield just signed Greene comes out of contract end of 2024, Kelly has the trigger.

This is a re-negotiated 2021 and beyond deal so I’d say we have gone to Greene and said we will pay you more as you’re our best player and added on 2 years or we’ve agreed with Kelly the 8 year deal isn’t feasible for the club and by agreement reworked the deal.

I think it has to be one of these scenarios. The hand signing the contract looks female which is another twist 🤣

Gigantic

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Liverpool, Phoenix Suns
Whitfield just signed Greene comes out of contract end of 2024, Kelly has the trigger.

This is a re-negotiated 2021 and beyond deal so I’d say we have gone to Greene and said we will pay you more as you’re our best player and added on 2 years or we’ve agreed with Kelly the 8 year deal isn’t feasible for the club and by agreement reworked the deal.

I think it has to be one of these scenarios. The hand signing the contract looks female which is another twist 🤣
My thinking also.

Hopper, despite how good he is, probably doesn't warrant this much build up.

Orange Agent

Premiership Player
Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Never seen one of these things so dont know if including the current year is standard, wouldnt think so.
Has to be Kelly. Wonder if we have cap space this year and moved some dollars forward, make sense if we had money for Jezza and got Hogan for next to nothing instead.

bossman111

Team Captain
Feb 18, 2008
Syd
AFL Club
GWS

I was thinking the other way, less per year but give you the extra two to make it worth it to give us some room in the cap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
Thought this was what would happen and it makes a tonne of sense.

We pay him closer to his market value and smooth it out whilst locking him in.

He is a natural competitor and doesn’t rely on pace so even when he gets to the end he can slip into a back pocket role and will contribute.

I normally despise long deals but not with guys like this, his only risk is soft tissue injuries at the end which happens with older guys but he’s worth the risk.

A great player who has only grown with leadership.

General Giant

Hall of Famer
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Crazy to think that if numbers have been reported correctly over the last couple of years that Toby is on 20% less then Cogs and every time Toby has taken a bit less then what he could get at other clubs and always re-signs early. Never holds out like Cogs and Kelly have.
Kelly held out once, he has re-signed early the other times.

General Giant

Hall of Famer
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

North are making a play for Kelly, again.

Personally happy either way.

Would love if he stayed but if he goes not the end of the world with our talent in the mids.

Remove this Banner Ad