List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Sorry Snuff, but you are a dead man walking until you aren't. Either we get Clark for peanuts or it's on you.

What were you thinking, going out on a limb, tall poppy, full of yourself, American confidence etc etc.

Yeah but I’ll be right soooo... worth?

So... American.

Ok, I'll meet you half way. Aussie style. Jordan Clark for a future 2nd. That's my best offer.

Also, forgot about this. Snuff I hold you personally responsible if our first leaves for Clark.
I would begrudgingly accept it if that pick was pick 18 however

I must be alone in thinking Wilson, Aish, Acres & Colyer are all good value trades & Clark would also be a great get at the right price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only problem is working out the right price. Personally, I wouldn't give more than a 3rd rounder but I could see the club giving up a 2nd.

JL has spoken a few times about the need for a winger, this has legs.

Some pretty silly low balling being thrown out there, there is going to be another melt thread if Clark decides to come me thinks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is half geelong and half us.

Our talent identification of mature players is shocking, we overrate them and over pay.

I think clubs know we are poor negotiators and for that reason make us over pay.

Christensen had not played, Fogarty was not best 22 and Caddy was really struggling at Geelong.

I have major concerns on his ability , especially as he is not playing and I hope we don't give up more than a 3rd.

I broadly agree with you on geelong fringe players but not christensen. He was a flag player and clearly best 22 in his 5th season when traded and we offered him a 4 year contract that year which you dont do unless you think a player is best 22. But he left geelong due to off field reasons (gambling) which he later admitted he wanted to get out for and he wanted out to a club that had an early psd pick (which isnt the situation here). I dont think you can lump him in with the other fringe players.

Fogarty isnt best 22 and wouldnt likely ever have been, clark isnt right now but is being kept out by some pretty top line wingers (smith menegola and duncan).

As some of your supporters have correctly identified clark isnt worth a 1st,we dont need a 2nd as we have 3 of them and a squeeze on list spots. So any trade is likely to involve future picks (not R1) and/or a player (either from freo or a third club).

I broadly agree with you on geelong fringe players but not christensen. He was a flag player and clearly best 22 in his 5th season when traded and we offered him a 4 year contract that year which you dont do unless you think a player is best 22. But he left geelong due to off field reasons (gambling) which he later admitted he wanted to get out for and he wanted out to a club that had an early psd pick (which isnt the situation here). I dont think you can lump him in with the other fringe players.

Fogarty isnt best 22 and wouldnt likely ever have been, clark isnt right now but is being kept out by some pretty top line wingers (smith menegola and duncan).

As some of your supporters have correctly identified clark isnt worth a 1st,we dont need a 2nd as we have 3 of them and a squeeze on list spots. So any trade is likely to involve future picks (not R1) and/or a player (either from freo or a third club).
You do t need a second now, but you have the opportunity to bundle them up to the dogs in exchange for their first rounder .
things can change quickly,

My thinking is Clark for a future 2nd. Which is likely around pick 30 if we make finals next year.

I'm a fan of that trade, hopefully it's as simple as that when it comes to the trade table

I love to get Clark, but I also reckon we should also be targeting other WA boys like Jeremy Sharp who can’t even get a game at GC despite racking up the numbers in the VFL. He is a 187cm wingman/HB and was an U19 AA as a bottom ager which is pretty rare. A dual U19 AA tells me he has some talent. He’s also out of contract at the end of this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My thinking is Clark for a future 2nd. Which is likely around pick 30 if we make finals next year.

I rate Clark and i think freo would do well on that trade but id take it. I think he is a square peg in a round hole in our system and needs an opportunity elsewhere.

I want to keep Meeks, he has upside and is a decent backup.
I can see him being targeted by another side though. He competes, but he will always be backup for most sides.

I’ve been hoping like Hell that big Cox gets back in the Collingwood side and pushes Darcy Cameron (Albany boy) out so we can grab him for SFA….he is out of contract at the end of this year and would be a good replacement for Meek if he went.

I love to get Clark, but I also reckon we should also be targeting other WA boys like Jeremy Sharp who can’t even get a game at GC despite racking up the numbers in the VFL. He is a 187cm wingman/HB and was an U19 AA as a bottom ager which is pretty rare. A dual U19 AA tells me he has some talent. He’s also out of contract at the end of this year.

Except that Sharp is in a worse position than Clark in that he can't even get a game in a lowly ranked team; at least Clark has forced his way into his team at times this season (as Pure_ownage has pointed out, Clark is competing against some good wingers) - Sharp hasn't even played a game for the Gold Coast this season.

I like both players' talent, but in terms of commitment and current form, Clark has Sharp covered well and truly right now. We need players that are both talented and committed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back