List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake schlensog is now in the top 16 players in the country ??
Erasmus at 19?
Fmd does knightmare even care anymore?
Adam Jones (WAFC Talent Manager) reckons for tall forwards Jye Amiss is as good as anyone he's seen since he's been in the job.

He's been there 6 years, so he's including Logan McDonald and Oscar Allen in that statement.

Twomey has him at 16, and we know KPPs drift up the order closer to the draft.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's top 10 by November.

Last edited:
Adam Jones (WAFC Talent Manager) reckons for tall forwards Jya Amiss is as good as anyone he's seen since he's been in the job.

He's been there 6 years, so he's including Logan McDonald and Oscar Allen in that statement.

Twomey has him at 16, and we know KPPs drift up the order closer to the draft.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's top 10 by November.

where you see that mate?

where you see that mate?
Lanspeer on SportFM had quite a long interview with him last Tuesday. It was very interesting.

Amongst a lot of other things, he also gushed when talking about Erasmus coming back from a 4 week injury and having a 30 possession game straight back.

Whaaattt? No we won’t trade you, you’ll go through the PSD or re-sign? That is not the way to run a professional football club and he sure as hell won’t re-sign after we refuse to trade him out of spite
It doesn't have to come from spite.

Offer him a good deal that meets/slightly exceeds the market price (ie, "the price is right"). If not, fine. He will get picked up in the pre-season draft. Just don't accommodate a trade discussion with another club. He can then make his own decision about whether a good deal with us is really worth less to him than a move that will have to occur via the PSD.

It doesn't have to come from spite.

Offer him a good deal that meets/slightly exceeds the market price (ie, "the price is right"). If not, fine. He will get picked up in the pre-season draft. Just don't accommodate a trade discussion with another club. He can then make his own decision about whether a good deal with us is really worth less to him than a move that will have to occur via the PSD.
Yeah I can’t agree with this, why not bring in a 3rd round pick if we can? It’s not like I’d begrudge the guy wanting to leave for where he thinks he’ll get more opportunity because he’s going to be stuck behind Darcy his whole career

I hope he's not stuck behind Darcy because I hope we use them in tandem. One of the big risks with Darcy is that we burn him up too early. Already he has played a lot of ruck for sometime so young.

On the other, I think it hurts us for other clubs and our players (and their managers) to perceive us as being quick to accommodate a trade. It may be worth losing a few battles in order to set the scene that we trade when we are ready not when a player is ready.

Interesting comments on Duff and Quarters:

• Freo still think they're 50/50 or better on keeping Cerra. He's happy at the club and has bought in; if he goes home it's just because he wants to be closer to family and friends back home.
  • Clark not wanted by Matthew Scarlett for the Geelong back 6, so is gettable by WA clubs.

Yeah I can’t agree with this, why not bring in a 3rd round pick if we can? It’s not like I’d begrudge the guy wanting to leave for where he thinks he’ll get more opportunity because he’s going to be stuck behind Darcy his whole career
I'd certainly understand if he wanted to find more opportunities. Mind you, he'll play 9 games this year. It's not like he's rotting away at Peel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know Clark has the talent and is a former first round pick but there are a few red flags and I'm not sure he's exactly what we need.

I see Henry and Freddie and possibly Young and Walker as possible wingers in the future. I'm happy with Clark at the right price but would feel a little uneasy about trading out our second rounder. There's every chance we may able to pick up Van Rooyen or Williams with our second pick.

I know Clark has the talent and is a former first round pick but there are a few red flags and I'm not sure he's exactly what we need.

I see Henry and Freddie and possibly Young and Walker as possible wingers in the future. I'm happy with Clark at the right price but would feel a little uneasy about trading out our second rounder. There's every chance we may able to pick up Van Rooyen or Williams with our second pick.
[/QUOTE
I

I definitely see Freddy as a winger moving forward. Seems his natural position to me.

By the time we should be hitting our straps, a few WA boys will be available you would think.
Sharp at GC, we have to save him and he is a genuine winger.

Clark would immediately slot in on our wing!!! Freddy is needed for pressure in our forward line even though I think he is a winger

Clark would immediately slot in on our wing!!! Freddy is needed for pressure in our forward line even though I think he is a winger

A week ago I thought we needed Liam Henry as a small forward but after seeing him on the wing for one game I’ve been converted tbh. That’s where his future lies.

Surely the club doesn’t waste valuable draft capital on half backs and wingers when we’ve way too many half backs and one or two HFFs that look better suited to the wing. Not to mention a solid player in Aish and good depth in Acres. We need to sort out the forward line.

A week ago I thought we needed Liam Henry as a small forward but after seeing him on the wing for one game I’ve been converted tbh. That’s where his future lies.

Surely the club doesn’t waste valuable draft capital on half backs and wingers when we’ve way too many half backs and one or two HFFs that look better suited to the wing. Not to mention a solid player in Aish and good depth in Acres. We need to sort out the forward line.
If he beefed up he could even play mid like a young Walters used to.

Id say Henry and Clark would be awesome wingers!!

Personally think we need to go all out for forwards this year!! assuming Lobb is traded then this is my starting forward line and what we need. Im also assuming Cerra stays.

Sturt Treacy Walters
Fyfe Taberner xxxx

This forward line does need some pressure forwards to me in the mould of Pickett. Im also not sure on Treacy yet. Not sure he projects as Top 10 forward in comp

Agree but you don't fix that by playing mids there.

You fix it my drafting forwards with pace.

Schultz is ok, but we need 2 more who also know where the goals are.
Problem I actually have with Schultz is he actually goes missing some games or it feels like he does haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back