List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was he the one with all the tatts on sunday for richmond

That was him. 2 goals 2 behinds from 12 disposals in a low scoring game.

I think he is a better player than a few on our list but some posters allude to some off field issues that may be a potential problem. Since I have no idea if true and what those are no comment there from me.

Having watched him play for South Freo before being drafted by the Saints I was not surprised a club drafted him.

Back at Souths earlier this season after being delisted he seemed very fit and motivated (unlike Cam McCarthy) Anyway irrelevant now since he was drafted by Richmond.

Back at Souths earlier this season after being delisted he seemed very fit and motivated (unlike Cam McCarthy) Anyway irrelevant now since he was drafted by Richmond.
He is a Free Agent due to having been on the Saints list, and then desisted, so is gettable if he wants to come home. I am sure the club would be across the reality or otherwise of any bad-boy issues.

We have had multiple chances to get Parker, for basically nothing, and passed every time. I don't think a couple of goals on the weekend is going to change our opinion.
Right. Well Richmond seem to rate him. And he is a medium sized forward, which is one of our list needs. We also had chances to grab Kelly, and even this year, Schlensog, but just because we didn't doesn't mean he should not be considered. Barlow was passed over multiple times.

Right. Well Richmond seem to rate him. And he is a medium sized forward, which is one of our list needs. We also had chances to grab Kelly, and even this year, Schlensog, but just because we didn't doesn't mean he should not be considered. Barlow was passed over multiple times.
This is just an argument they should be considered and for all we know, the club did consider them. Just because we didn't sign someone doesn't mean we didn't look at it.

No doubt. But we couldn't even be bothered taking a free hit on him in the mid reason draft. I don't reckon we would have changed our mind in the last couple of months

Draft a small forward. Let Freddie and Henry have the wings.
I say Schultz is definitely a keeper. Not the most polished but I think he can get even better. Walters, I'll bank on an injury free preseason to allow him to perform again down there. If we can improve the KFP, our small forwards will function better, anyways.
If Switta keeps falling over injured, we probably need to draft one more, but we should focus on multiple tall forwards right now imo.

No doubt. But we couldn't even be bothered taking a free hit on him in the mid reason draft. I don't reckon we would have changed our mind in the last couple of months
Yeah quite possibly we have judged him, but again, that is also true for the others I mentioned. Since the msd he has some AFL runs on the board.

I get the feeling the club couldn't participate in the msd.

I say Schultz is definitely a keeper. Not the most polished but I think he can get even better. Walters, I'll bank on an injury free preseason to allow him to perform again down there. If we can improve the KFP, our small forwards will function better, anyways.
If Switta keeps falling over injured, we probably need to draft one more, but we should focus on multiple tall forwards right now imo.
Walters is not a small forward. He is a half forward or mid.
Schultz is solid, but he needs competition.
I am not sure Swiita is a small forward either.

Agree we need mid forwards and tall forwards as well, you have taken me out of context.

Pretty much I was saying don't trade for Clark and instead draft forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The issue as I see it is that the attributes that make great small forwards; speed, loose ball clean hands, marking power, use of body, agility, great kick...

.... all better in the midfield so those talents push them up the ground and leave only short people
I was just thinking along these lines as I was flicking through.
A small forward is very much a midfielder in lots of ways, considering the shared traits.
I feel the ones that end up being physically too small, or have a too small tank for the midfield end up playing forward and back and becoming great in those positions in the junior ranks.
I guess, at the end of the day, if you've got the skillz and smarts, you play generally where your physicality traits\limitations suit you.

That was him. 2 goals 2 behinds from 12 disposals in a low scoring game.

I think he is a better player than a few on our list but some posters allude to some off field issues that may be a potential problem. Since I have no idea if true and what those are no comment there from me.

Having watched him play for South Freo before being drafted by the Saints I was not surprised a club drafted him.

I wonder what his endurance is like, prior to our game he was in the midfield and getting 7+ tackles a game. We could use an enforcer on our list, he seems the type.

Snuffaluphagus is the "Bolton more likely to leave" source the same as the "Clark to Freo" source?
Yes and no, Bolton leaving was media people. Clark to Freo is now multiple people in the same chat group that are adamant he is leaving per friends/family/managers.

Happy to discuss further with anyone in PMs

Yes and no, Bolton leaving was media people. Clark to Freo is now multiple people in the same chat group that are adamant he is leaving per friends/family/managers.

Happy to discuss further with anyone in PMs
Apparently he wanted to leave last trade period, but the club refused a clearance.

AFL has confirmed that rookies can spend a fourth year on the rookie list next season. Potentially good news for Watson who would’ve had to be delisted or promoted under the previous rule. Hughes is also in his third year but will be promoted. Looks like a one off rule, although following the delisting of Thomas, all other rookies are in their second year next year anyway.

It’s also been confirmed the rule we used to move Schultz and Bewley to the rookie list last year is no longer a thing. If we demote senior listed players we’ll have to re-draft them.

We have plenty of small forwards, but none of them are elite.
I love Schultz attitude, but he is very inconsistent and had barely scored in the month prior to last weeks heroics.
Switta is a solid player but can he score more than 15 goals a season? Plus he has big injury questions.
Walters - seems to be on the way down from his peak but I’d still back him in as our best small forward with a decent preseason.
Henry - flashes of quality but really looks more of a winger in the long term
Colyer - been fine as a role player this year. When he’s bad he’s awful though.
Crowden - more of a HFF really. Love his ball use by foot but he is unlikely to kick more than 10 or 15 goals a season either.

sturt is not a small forward (and is always injured) and Freddie is probably a half forward flanker or winger in the long run too.
I think to win a flag we need 2 small forwards kicking more than 30 goals a season, at least.
Not so sure they are on the current list.
So if Motlop lasts to pick 40 bring him on in.

It’s also been confirmed the rule we used to move Schultz and Bewley to the rookie list last year is no longer a thing. If we demote senior listed players we’ll have to re-draft them.
Seems that if a player is contracted for 2022 then they can still be moved to the rookie list though which is interesting, basically we can just sign them up and move them there without having them be a future DFA, works out better for us.

Can only happen between the National and Rookie draft though

We have plenty of small forwards, but none of them are elite.
I love Schultz attitude, but he is very inconsistent and had barely scored in the month prior to last weeks heroics.
Switta is a solid player but can he score more than 15 goals a season? Plus he has big injury questions.
Walters - seems to be on the way down from his peak but I’d still back him in as our best small forward with a decent preseason.
Henry - flashes of quality but really looks more of a winger in the long term
Colyer - been fine as a role player this year. When he’s bad he’s awful though.
Crowden - more of a HFF really. Love his ball use by foot but he is unlikely to kick more than 10 or 15 goals a season either.

sturt is not a small forward (and is always injured) and Freddie is probably a half forward flanker or winger in the long run too.
I think to win a flag we need 2 small forwards kicking more than 30 goals a season, at least.
Not so sure they are on the current list.
So if Motlop lasts to pick 40 bring him on in.
So if there are 6 forwards, 3 are talls, one is midsize and two are HFFs, that leaves one spot for a genuine small forward (with Motlop a like acquisition)? This isn't the most difficult list challenge we have ever faced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back