List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My take on it.

Melbourne asked for picks 5,6.

Hogan did the physical and Bell did some back grounds checks.

Bell decided to pull out to concern to Hogans injury and mental health issues.

Rosich and Lyon were ok with Bell telling the world that Fremantle weren’t interested because of the cost and concerns about Hogan.

Melbourne needed our pick to get May.

They dropped the two early first pick request.

Lyon and Rosich went to the board and override Bells decision.

Then we went back negotiating the Hogan deal.
Yep. Lyon said in an interview that he wasn't the ONLY one who wanted to get Hogan. So he was definitely behind it.

Last edited:

We were all happy about getting Hogan. Maybe a little bit worried about injury & past misdemeanors but happy nonetheless.
Hogan is a self absorbed sack of poo that sucked everybody in.
Karma bus will hit him hard.

It's alright, I'm sure the board are happy that him and McCarthy sold a bunch of badges for the kids.

We should look at getting Luke Jackson home

Let's not pretend Bell wasn't in on this. If it is true the board wanted Hogan it needs to be said that Bell was parachuted in from the board.

They would have been on the same page.
If the club was still a basket case like it was in the beginning, there would be nowhere for Bell to hide.
Ironic because we gave him away as a player and then paid overs for his return🤪
Hogan deal is the worst of a bad batch.
It started with a Port player, Francis I think? A trade we couldn’t do due to breaching the salary cap and being bottom 4?
History has proven that off field
success creates a winning team.
Not draft picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A player like Luke Jackson, Georgiades, McDonald, etc. they aren’t a viable option in a trade unless we are giving up something serious in return. Eg Cerra or similar.
they would cost top 10 picks alone. Are they worth that?

A player like Luke Jackson, Georgiades, McDonald, etc. they aren’t a viable option in a trade unless we are giving up something serious in return. Eg Cerra or similar.
they would cost top 10 picks alone. Are they worth that?
All first round draft picks so you would have to pay similar value.
But if they checked out alright, wanted to come for the right reasons why not?
Trades need to be a win win for both clubs.
But we owe one back to the Dees for Hogan, so an eye for an eye😖

I find astonishing that people are still performing mental gymnastics trying to absolve Bell of the Hogan trade. If he had been long run around on it every journalist between here and Port Moresby would have been backgrounded on it daily and twice on Sundays and yet the silence is deafening.
We can be 99% confident that they all agreed to pursue the trade, whatever their initial feelings, and that the due diligence stuff was what it appeared to be: A negotiation tactic.
I mean do people seriously think the due diligence Bell refers to only got done after trade negotiations had got started, during trade week?!?

Last edited:
I find astonishing that people are still performing mental gymnastics trying to absolve Bell of the Hogan trade. If he had been long run around on it every journalist between here and Port Moresby would have been backgrounded on it daily and twice on Sundays and yet the silence is deafening.
We can be 99% confident that they all agreed to pursue the trade, whatever their initial feelings, and that the due diligence stuff was what it appeared to be: A negotiation tactic.
I mean do people seriously think the due diligence Bell refers to only got done after trade negotiations had got started, during trade week?!?
We took a risk and it didn't work. The point is, the board didn't force it on the whole football department. At least one that we know of was trying to push it through.

Last edited:
I thought it was a fair comment. Though good to hear Karma distinguishes between work and personal life
Oh God. You honestly thought mightymouse meant he/she is waiting for karma to hit Hogan outside of football, like cancer/death? Fairly certain mouse meant football wise, like losing your job, not the other two, which are extreme and incredibly sad.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back