List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh God. You honestly thought mightymouse meant he/she is waiting for karma to hit Hogan outside of football, like cancer/death? Fairly certain mouse meant football wise, like losing your job, not the other two, which are extreme and incredibly sad.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah I'm not buying it. Hogan was a biblical disappointment for us and quite frankly his recruitment and subsequent failure to deliver might just be the retrospective "thing that cost us a flag", but the reasons behind his failure to get his s**t together and perform is ultimately a sad tale and I just feel sorry for him and the demons he clearly still deals with and looks to escape from in his vices.

That's tough to say because he's probably one of the very few players I'd personally afford that amount of empathy to on the basis of mental health

Oh God. You honestly thought mightymouse meant he/she is waiting for karma to hit Hogan outside of football, like cancer/death? Fairly certain mouse meant football wise, like losing your job, not the other two, which are extreme and incredibly sad.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
that's ok. I love a good backpeddle.

Hogan probably dug his own grave with his misdemeanors and other issues. But i also wonder did we have a strong enough leadership group that can help bring the best out of the players.

Now you can only deal with what you have.

But Culture is a word used a lot in sport. But i suspect our culture really slipped after Pav was captain. This is not a shot at Fyfe either. But you look at our record from 2016 to currently and there has been a lot of players (Mccarthy, Kersten, Hogan, Bennell) whose attitudes haven't been good enough and aren't here anyone. Throw in a lachie neale leaving because of supposedly such concerns.

Now maybe those players werent the right fit for our club or the club wasnt strong enough to deal with those personalities. But whatever the reason there has been a lot of talent walk out the door. And the club needs to get better at enchaning the talent it does get while also doing at due dillengence moving forward on whoever they sign.

Hogan probably dug his own grave with his misdemeanors and other issues. But i also wonder did we have a strong enough leadership group that can help bring the best out of the players.

Now you can only deal with what you have.

But Culture is a word used a lot in sport. But i suspect our culture really slipped after Pav was captain. This is not a shot at Fyfe either. But you look at our record from 2016 to currently and there has been a lot of players (Mccarthy, Kersten, Hogan, Bennell) whose attitudes haven't been good enough and aren't here anyone. Throw in a lachie neale leaving because of supposedly such concerns.

Now maybe those players werent the right fit for our club or the club wasnt strong enough to deal with those personalities. But whatever the reason there has been a lot of talent walk out the door. And the club needs to get better at enchaning the talent it does get while also doing at due dillengence moving forward on whoever they sign.
If you want to point fingers, point them at Jesse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched some of Sharp's highlights. He has great skills, decision making and vision. I think he is limited on speed though.

True. Watch the game objectively. A bloke with Acres' number played creditably across the board.
Yes and no.

Acres works hard for sure. He runs both ways and covers a lot of distance.

He is hard at the contest.

The big issue is that he isn't clean, misses targets and never hurts the other team with his ball use. Most of the time he hurts us with the ball.

Acres has tunnel vision and can't spot the player keeping width.

Getting back to my hobby horse, Freo has too players who are not smart, clean and skillful.

Another factor is that the wingers are underwhelming and highlights Acres C+ grade level. If we had an A grade winger than having Acres wouldn't be a majority issue.

In all seriousness I would hope he's ineligible. If he wanted to return it should be with Hawthorn until at least the trade period.
The Mal Michael rule now means that clubs retain the rights to a player for their contract term regardless of whether they retire or not.

Would love for this board to have a moratorium on past trades. Time to walk away from hogan, McCarthy, hill etc. we win some and we lose some. If you must dwell in the past remember that we traded koops for the pick that got us young David Mundy. Helps me sleep well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back