List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilson and Hughes would need a massive disaster to not stay on the list imo. Schultz probably the same.

I think we'll probably try and offload Blakely again probably with no success. I'd be watching our key defenders with interest too. We've got four that are too good not to be playing AFL footy each week.
If Blakely doesn’t get games then nobody will trade for him. That is true for most of our players, but especially him.

Blakely is an interesting case. If he doesn't get a chance to play at AFL level this season then his status as a free agent at the end of 2022 won't be worth anything to him - he won't get a contract after three seasons of WAFL.

If he wanted to extend his career beyond his current contract he might need to take a pay cut for a place in another team's twenty two at the end of this year.

Blakely is an interesting case. If he doesn't get a chance to play at AFL level this season then his status as a free agent at the end of 2022 won't be worth anything to him - he won't get a contract after three seasons of WAFL.

If he wanted to extend his career beyond his current contract he might need to take a pay cut for a place in another team's twenty two at the end of this year.
If he isn’t best 22 better to trade for a nothing pick and pay some of his wage or he retire and be put on the rookie list to half his wage against the cap.

If he isn’t best 22 better to trade for a nothing pick and pay some of his wage or he retire and be put on the rookie list to half his wage against the cap.
That's how I see his value now.
Trade for pick #90 and he agrees in principle to tear up his contract with the new club and sign for $100,000 for one year instead.

Freo drop a few hundred grand off our salary cap and Blakely gets a chance to extend his career beyond 2022.

Meek > Darcy
You wish.....

Sean Darcy has played 20-25 games between 2017-2020. The bloke is slowly developing to be Freos number 1 ruck.

Meek has not played an AFL game yet and has been on Freos list for 3 years. Saying that all people on here admit meek should of had at least 1 AFL game in the last 2 years.

Me personally meek should of played 5-10 games already. He should have f played at least a game or 2 last season.

We got Scott Jones as a mature aged ruck and he at least got 5 games in a 2 year period to show Something

Would Nads be worth looking to pick up again in the MSD should we be looking for a Fwd/Ruck? I feel like he didn’t get a proper go at it and might be a bit more hungry.
I wouldnt mind him on the rookie list.

Hell, I wouldnt rule out getting scott jones back in Dockers Colours in the mid season draft.

I know it’s early in the season but what are people’s feelings on Cerra re-signing? Is this like a Cripps at Carlton situation where it depends on if we play finals?

I can see him signing a 2 year extension which will take him to RFA status but hoping for something longer.

I know it’s early in the season but what are people’s feelings on Cerra re-signing? Is this like a Cripps at Carlton situation where it depends on if we play finals?

I can see him signing a 2 year extension which will take him to RFA status but hoping for something longer.
Four years takes him to free agency

Think he needs more than 2 to reach RFA status?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought six got you to RFA and eight UFA.
Not yet. Eight years to free agency, restricted if you're in the top 25% of earners at the club and unrestricted at ten years or any subsequent out of contract year after restricted free agency.

Probs should trade one of our surplus gun defenders for a forward at some point. Not Cox or Ryan, but anyone else really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need a small forward that can crumb and kick goals. A Hayden Ballantyne type actually would do just fine. Any hiding in the WAFL at all?

Anyone open to the idea of Cerra leaving to get a high pick and draft a key forward? Jacob Van?

Or trade for an established?

Don’t shoot bambi - need to give up quality to get quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Western could go alright
Agreed, I’ve got high hopes for western especially with his speed but let’s be honest - he’s still a child.he should get games this year though as he is competing for a spot in the weakest area of the team

That is true. I don’t have any stats as evidence but I reckon our midfield has always been better than average. Yet our forward line sucks. Sandi, Fyfe, Mundy, Neale, Crowley, Barlow et al is a STRONG midfield yet we’ve rarely had a good percentage at the end of the year.

More forwards please.

I’ve come to the belief that it is very rare you can trade in star quality and get a fair return on what you pay. Bottom 8 sides should only trade in players like Aish/Acres to add cheap, quality (for what you pay) experience. Under no circumstance is a 1st round draft pick to be spent on bringing in talent unless you are firmly in the top 8 already.

There has been one exception to this rule, Brisbane picking up Neale. This is due to extreme mitigating circumstances that almost never happen
- Star hidden in the shadows of a supernova (Fyfe)
- Perfect age profile for their list
- Perfect type of player for their list
That was a once in a generation set of circumstances, lucky Brisbane, go us.

If we don’t make the 8 again, move heaven and earth to get Van Rooyen, there is no alternative. If we make the 8, move heaven and earth to get Van Rooyen, there is no player available on trade that will fix our biggest issue, forwardline talent.

Offer Merret some dosh, bring him in as a FA, sit back and wait for the flag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back