List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of them looked like 16 week injuries though (unless Banners has a bad syndesmosis).

We are so bad at injuries that half our team is out, but nobody is out quite long enough to open up a list spot.

then Stephen Hill has to be to be forced to retire, and even put Hamling out for the year and fully rehab him.

start looking for the best mid available and a KPF/KPB and/or Ruck Forward.

we have to get a jump on this next rebuild

then Stephen Hill has to be to be forced to retire, and even put Hamling out for the year and fully rehab him.

start looking for the best mid available and a KPF/KPB and/or Ruck Forward.

we have to get a jump on this next rebuild
Whilst I love shiny new toys, Chris was saying over on the draft board that the guy who is probably going at 1 in the MSD would only be about a 3rd rounder if the national draft was held now. So it is unlikely we get anything meaningful out of it.

Still, I'd be up and about if we picked up a tall forward in the MSD.

So who do we get with pick 3?

Actually...I couldn’t care less. Whoever it is, if they’re any good they’ll be injured more often than not and the poor bastards won’t get to experience premiership success unless they ask for a trade ASAP!

Whilst I love shiny new toys, Chris was saying over on the draft board that the guy who is probably going at 1 in the MSD would only be about a 3rd rounder if the national draft was held now. So it is unlikely we get anything meaningful out of it.

You know you want him...

1620120773212.png

Key Defender and Utility for mine in the mid season.

Not some 18/19 year olds. Lets get Mature big body players who are happy to play half a season no strings attached. We need some muscle and aggression.

Who do we get? Vfl, Wafl, Sanfl whats out there?

Not some 18/19 year olds. Lets get Mature big body players who are happy to play half a season no strings attached. We need some muscle and aggression.

Can’t agree with this tbh.

The club should be drafting whoever they believe will be the best long term player for the club. Short term means **** all when you won’t make finals anyway.

As long as we don’t draft a Half Back Flanker or a guy under 175cm, I will be happy to sit back and wait to see what said player can produce for us. Not sure any other part of our list is so complete it couldn’t do with strengthening tbh.

Can’t agree with this tbh.

The club should be drafting whoever they believe will be the best long term player for the club. Short term means **** all when you won’t make finals anyway.

As long as we don’t draft a Half Back Flanker or a guy under 175cm, I will be happy to sit back and wait to see what said player can produce for us.
Does the double negative work? If we draft a sub 175cm HBF is that a good thing?

Get a key defender and put cox up forward?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3rd rounder as in Lachie Neale or Brennan Cox?

Should have ended your post there and not wasted your energy.

The answer is yes. He’s always talking crap.
Yeah, I am not that close to media and Sumich over there, so wasn't sure.
Narkle has never impressed me. Clarke or Neale would be my targets from your list if we were forced into a trade.
Either Clark or Neale are decent options I guess. We do have a habit of flipping young rucks, or under-investing in them.
Almost no chance Darcy leaves.

Tucker would probably be a lower priority for us to re-sign, as would anyone on our list until we know what’s the go with Cerra.

Almost no talk of Darcy or Tucker leaving Freo before or since and most Freo think Sumich is both delusional and bitter at Freo because he thought it was his right to be senior coach here, despite not being in the AFL system for years. Also tries to push WA talent at any opportunity, even if it doesn’t make any sense to. Conveniently added that we should’ve drafted WA talent instead after saying we’d have a mass exodus.

Anyway you’re talking two best 22 players at Freo. There was talk Narkle might be available as a delisted free agent last year and he’s done nothing so far that suggests that won’t be the case this year. Has no trade value.
Personally, I don't think S Darcy will leave either. Tucker on the other hand, not sure... Have to wait and see, could be all a bit of boloney.

If we have to rebuild a rebuild...im done.

It will be a passing interest at best if that's the case
I know your pain. Five-six years ago we publicly announced a restump and rewire....self preservation meant we didn't fully commit and instead have stalled. I think we still need to commit - it's just that we are only halfway in terms of rebuilding.

I do like the idea of calling him "Will Schofield - Freo Legend" because it might piss him off a bit

I don't think it would upset him at all; he was on radio the other day saying that he is now a "Freo player"(I took due to his playing for Peel) and his allegiances are totally with us and barracks for us during our games.

Anyone seen much of Jack Buller who kick 5 goals for Claremont on the weekend against West Perth? I heard Percy Johnson early in the year say he played key position forward better than Van Rooyen.

Anyone seen much of Jack Buller who kick 5 goals for Claremont on the weekend against West Perth? I heard Percy Johnson early in the year say he played key position forward better than Van Rooyen.

That game is really a stand out so far, has sort of played a mixture of Ruck and Forward so far in his career but is a bit small to play ruck full time at AFL level (196cm~198cm) and also does not have a record of kicking many goals at all. I did not see the game on the weekend but from last year viewing has a good leap at the ball; not sure that he has good speed for a player of his size which will count against him. I think any club would want to see more positive results before considering.

Also just want to offer a lot of caution about the mid season draft and unrealistic expectations. I think it is highly likely that the clubs who do enter that draft will not be going for mature age ready built players but trying to get ahead by trying to pick speculative younger players who will have just missed out in the draft prior. In terms of them competing for a position in the team this year, this would mean they would be at a severe disadvantage to the existing youngsters we already had. I know that this mindset of the clubs is at odds with the intent behind the draft but doing what the AFL wants it to be used for is not necessarily what the clubs believe will give them the biggest advantage long term. Either way (Mature age or youngster that just missed out) I don't see much attraction beyond players that could have been picked in the rookie draft previously; as with any player taken anywhere they may become a superstar but picking at this point will yield the lowest possibility of that happening, more akin to playing lottery than any strategic bet. I would not care if we don't enter the mid-season draft, despite the doomsday cries we are not in a position to absolutely need to enter it - there is no position on the field for which we don't have a backup option of some form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back