List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
3aea73a9f2538157545e47807e5a01d4.jpg

how about our third round as well as a second round pick swap and Blakely.

Motlop is going to cost our second pick.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Fogarty trade LY is a good example. pick 22 in 2017 draft. It was a swap of seconds and a third rounder.

Yeah I think you are in the ball park. I'd be surprised if Geelong are interested in Blakely though. Do we get a pick if we trade him to Subiaco?

Yeah I think you are in the ball park. I'd be surprised if Geelong are interested in Blakely though. Do we get a pick if we trade him to Subiaco?
We get a huge bag of cash that nobody knows where it's from and nobody knows who it is for but if we spend it then nobody asks any questions.

If he's played as a halfback he's a definite upgrade on Watson/Duman. I'm just really wary of players that don't seem to put on any muscle after 3-4 years on an AFL list.
Half back is the absolute last position we should trade for. Watson and Duman are like 9th and 10th in line.

If he isn't coming to play wing I have zero interest.

Alright instead of finishing my assessment I've taken a look at Jordan Clark so everyone can get some more insight.
His advantages:
- Fast pace
- Accurate and long kick (can score from the centre square)
- Great at contested marking
- Goes for aggressive disposals and not the safe option

His disadvantages:
- Was only pick 15 in the draft (weak)
- long curly hair brings back memories of Mayne playing for us

I've changed my mind they should fly his ass home.

I remember Clark having question marks on his professionalism after coming back to the club out of the sort of shape they expected. He appears to have fixed that.

How do we know that his professionalism and commitment is fixed long term? It's slightly concerning for a player to coast early in their career, as well as look to leave once it's 'too hard' to crack into their current team. Geelong desperately needed pace last year and early this season so it was v surprising to see him overlooked. I know he can change but there are a few red flags.

I'm up for it at the right price if they feel he can secure a spot on the wing. Anything more than a future second is not worth it in my opinion.

Alright instead of finishing my assessment I've taken a look at Jordan Clark so everyone can get some more insight.
His advantages:
- Fast pace

His disadvantages:

They say he punches above his weight...

download (3).jpg

He reminds me of the Liam Picken, Andrew McGrath type of player. Bit of a dasher and a poacher. Quite like those players. Not sure we should pay overs for him though.

How do we know that his professionalism and commitment is fixed long term? It's slightly concerning for a player to coast early in their career, as well as look to leave once it's 'too hard' to crack into their current team. Geelong desperately needed pace last year and early this season so it was v surprising to see him overlooked. I know he can change but there are a few red flags.

I'm up for it at the right price if they feel he can secure a spot on the wing. Anything more than a future second is not worth it in my opinion.
I agree that something is not quite sitting well with him & what’s going on at Geelong. This piece when he was dropped & the comments by Selwood sound like a bit of a cover up to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jordan Clark has genuine X factor about him. Serious pace to actually break a few lines, unlike the rest of our plodders in the middle an wings!
If he is keen to come home? Freo have to make a move on him. That kinda potential an 3 preseasons under his belt he’s worth a second rounder.

Jordan Clark has genuine X factor about him. Serious pace to actually break a few lines, unlike the rest of our plodders in the middle an wings!
If he is keen to come home? Freo have to make a move on him. That kinda potential an 3 preseasons under his belt he’s worth a second rounder.
No more second rounders. What have we been getting for Crozier type players who was actually best 22.
* all..

This sounds silly, but I've always thought if we're going to pick up a recruit from another team its always best to pick up a second one. The media here always seems to want to put pressure on our incoming recruits (not the Eagles ones) eg; Sylvia, Bennel, Croad, Tarrant, Farmer, Danyle Pearce at times..list goes on.

If Cerra does leave and Clark comes in, I'm sure there will be pressure on his output in the middle. Just like picking up Aish and Acres in Tandem it heps relieve the pressure off each other and they both seem to playing good footy.

Speaking of Aish i reckon he's our most consistent recruit in a long time.

His advantages:
- Fast pace

His disadvantages:

Is his kick that accurate? I have seen him shank a few.
How is his defensive running?

Can they afford to wait a few years for Neale to be able to play #1 ruck or would their entire elite peak of players have finished by then?

That's the value of Meek to Geelong. He can compete tomorrow. I suspect if there was a midseason trade period we would have already lost him.
Geelong also have a pretty interesting ex basketball Cat C rookie.

O'Driscoll and Walker likely are looking at similar roles to him aren't they? For me he is only of interest on the cheap.
I seriously hope NOD is destined to go inside because his kicking isn't going to hold up anywhere else.

Walker is Wilson's replacement all day.

I suspect/hope our vision for Clark would be one of the two wingers with Freddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back