List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

"The Demons handed over picks No.22, 79 and a future second-round selection for the 23-year-old, while the Dockers gave up Langdon, pick No.26 and a future fourth-round selection."
Ed went for essentially a future second. Now ed is light years in front of Clark in perfomance and committment.
The year he left he was averaging 24 possessions a game.

Jordan not so much

"The Demons handed over picks No.22, 79 and a future second-round selection for the 23-year-old, while the Dockers gave up Langdon, pick No.26 and a future fourth-round selection."
Ed went for essentially a future second. Now ed is light years in front of Clark in perfomance and committment.
The year he left he was averaging 24 possessions a game.

Jordan not so much
If he was uncontracted this would be pick 45 territory. It's only that keeping his value decent.

View attachment 1159433Josh Browne for East Freo Colts looks the business.

Yes..until you compare against (for example) Max Chipper's possession tally which looks scarily similar, except he has more goals for the year. That is part of the danger with drawing too much from the colts statistics.

I think both will be in line for our second round pick potentially, but as I put in the young talent time thread, there will be others from Vic / SA / Tas who will also be attractive:
  • Joshua Browne - prolific East Fremantle ball-winner (185cm) who is highly regarded for his mature approach to the game, two way running and potential leadership material. Probably regarded as Top 3 in terms of centre midfielders.
  • Max Chipper - A speedy outside midfielder (182cm) who has amassed many possessions at Colts level and also kicks goals on a regular basis.
  • Jai Serong - 190cm utility who has demonstrated that he can both play midfield, go forward and kick goals or play as a rebounding defender.
  • Arlo Draper - a 185cm midfielder / forward who is really good by foot and has a bit of speed and a clean mark. Bottom aged and didn't make the SANFL academy but is proving the selectors wrong atm in terms of stats.
  • Sam Banks - Another good moving midfielder / Flanker from Tassie, a bit hidden at the moment because of a broken wrist that is keeping him from playing but was probably Top 20 at the start of the season. Another good user of the ball.

Why do we split our draft discussion into two threads every year? It costs me valuable seconds to check TWO threads every three minutes.

Snuffaluphagus Taylor BeinPurplenGreen
One is specifically young players, one is everything. They COULD be amalgamated but I personally like the additional focus the Young Talent thread gives on purely the draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes..until you compare against (for example) Max Chipper's possession tally which looks scarily similar, except he has more goals for the year. That is part of the danger with drawing too much from the colts statistics.

I think both will be in line for our second round pick potentially, but as I put in the young talent time thread, there will be others from Vic / SA / Tas who will also be attractive:
  • Joshua Browne - prolific East Fremantle ball-winner (185cm) who is highly regarded for his mature approach to the game, two way running and potential leadership material. Probably regarded as Top 3 in terms of centre midfielders.
  • Max Chipper - A speedy outside midfielder (182cm) who has amassed many possessions at Colts level and also kicks goals on a regular basis.
  • Jai Serong - 190cm utility who has demonstrated that he can both play midfield, go forward and kick goals or play as a rebounding defender.
  • Arlo Draper - a 185cm midfielder / forward who is really good by foot and has a bit of speed and a clean mark. Bottom aged and didn't make the SANFL academy but is proving the selectors wrong atm in terms of stats.
  • Sam Banks - Another good moving midfielder / Flanker from Tassie, a bit hidden at the moment because of a broken wrist that is keeping him from playing but was probably Top 20 at the start of the season. Another good user of the ball.
Banks is a sleeper. Apparently he destroyed Tyler Sonsie (a consensus top 5 pick) in a Nab league game earlier this year.

Banks is a sleeper. Apparently he destroyed Tyler Sonsie (a consensus top 5 pick) in a Nab league game earlier this year.
Wouldn't say destroyed, more of a downer game for Sonsie if anything. Banks was however amazing in that game but his day got finished early by an injury

I really like him, I think he's got a great future in the midfield but coming into the system he'll be a HBF

Except that Sharp is in a worse position than Clark in that he can't even get a game in a lowly ranked team; at least Clark has forced his way into his team at times this season (as Pure_ownage has pointed out, Clark is competing against some good wingers) - Sharp hasn't even played a game for the Gold Coast this season.

I like both players' talent, but in terms of commitment and current form, Clark has Sharp covered well and truly right now. We need players that are both talented and committed.

I’m saying target Clark but also try and get guys like Sharpe for SFA just to add to the list depth and see what he can do when developed properly. He’s getting loads of it in VFL

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

One is specifically young players, one is everything. They COULD be amalgamated but I personally like the additional focus the Young Talent thread gives on purely the draft

It has focus on the draft until someone goes off on a rant about our historical trading in the Young Talent Time and demonstrate that they have no understanding of the difference.

I think what we really need is a "Rant about Management (any forms)" thread, but given that management doesn't really fuss me (apart from people having a rant) I would propose someone else does something about it! :p

It has focus on the draft until someone goes off on a rant about our historical trading in the Young Talent Time and demonstrate that they have no understanding of the difference.

I think what we really need is a "Rant about Management (any forms)" thread, but given that management doesn't really fuss me (apart from people having a rant) I would propose someone else does something about it! :p
So it's a rant thread, but not a thread for venty rants, because we already have a vent thread?

So at today's completion of the bye rounds, Freo has slipped two places to 11th. Currently we hold pick#8 in the first round of the national draft.

The players I currently have sitting around 8th spot are:
  • Campbell Chesser (186cm) - midfielder / defender (Advantages - skills, speed Disadvantages - Ball-winning)
  • Josh Rachele (180cm) - small forward / midfielder (Advantages - burst speed, footy smarts, leadership Disadvantages - endurance as a midfielder)
  • Neil Erasmus (192cm) - midfielder / forward (Advantages - Size, large possession winner, leap, versatility Disadvantages - skill consistency)
  • Sam Darcy (200cm) - forward / ruck / defender (Advantages - Size, leap, versatility, skills Disadvantages - Speed off the mark)
  • Jack Williams (195cm) - forward / ruck / defender (Advantages - Versatility, athleticism - leap Disadvantages - size for ruck)
  • Josh Gibscus (195cm) - Defender (Advantages 1-1 Defending, Athleticism, Marking Disadvantages - Versatility)
  • Van Rooyen (194cm) - forward (Advantages - footy smarts / leading patterns, hands, skill Disadvantages - size for position, versatility)

The players I currently have sitting around 8th spot are:
  • Campbell Chesser (186cm) - midfielder / defender (Advantages - skills, speed Disadvantages - Ball-winning)
  • Josh Rachele (180cm) - small forward / midfielder (Advantages - burst speed, footy smarts, leadership Disadvantages - endurance as a midfielder)
  • Neil Erasmus (192cm) - midfielder / forward (Advantages - Size, large possession winner, leap, versatility Disadvantages - skill consistency)
  • Sam Darcy (200cm) - forward / ruck / defender (Advantages - Size, leap, versatility, skills Disadvantages - Speed off the mark)
  • Jack Williams (195cm) - forward / ruck / defender (Advantages - Versatility, athleticism - leap Disadvantages - size for ruck)
  • Josh Gibscus (195cm) - Defender (Advantages 1-1 Defending, Athleticism, Marking Disadvantages - Versatility)
  • Van Rooyen (194cm) - forward (Advantages - footy smarts / leading patterns, hands, skill Disadvantages - size for position, versatility)
JVR could easily run through the midfield or play off a wing. Has some pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back