List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at this years crop I would also consider Kade Dittmar for the centre. He is 186 cm, 90kg and is known for his defensive pressure, throwing his weight around and has a beautiful kick on him. Could be very handy and a cheaper alternative than Erasmus. Also has some mongrel in him.

Now your talking , let’s get some pig dogs back in this team

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

What would you prefer him to say if indeed Lobb is trying to leave? "Yes, Rory wants to leave, he's not really good and won't be best 22 for us next year, please give your best offers"
Yeah he’s not gunna come out say he’s out but believe if they get decent offer he’ll be gone ?? Also don’t believe everything Geelong saying about Clarke . He’ll b on the move as well. Freo favourites.

Would we be upset if Freo reached at pick 6-9 whatever it ends up being for one of Amiss or Williams if they stay ranked around 15 onwards?

I think we would, unless they became stars

Imagine if we 'reached' for Oscar Allen or Ian Hill or Naughton or Tim English. The only time we reached was for Logue and he was rower that couldn't kick.

These rankings are just some dickhead's opinion, and Cal Twomey has no idea about talent.

Peter Bell, Garlick, Dale Alcock and the WAFC are killing our club.

Imagine if we 'reached' for Oscar Allen or Ian Hill or Naughton or Tim English. The only time we reached was for Logue and he was rower that couldn't kick.
Ok
These rankings are just some dickhead's opinion, and Cal Twomey has no idea about talent.

Why would we take WA talent first😜
Honestly the last regime, let Menagola, Collins, go. Let alone Naughton who was right under our noses.
Trading is even more diabolical, we favour West Aussies in that regard, it’s just that they are no good.

Why would we take WA talent first😜
Honestly the last regime, let Menagola, Collins, go. Let alone Naughton who was right under our noses.
Trading is even more diabolical, we favour West Aussies in that regard, it’s just that they are no good.

Cerra over Naughton was not a miatake.

Letting go of Menegola was not a mistake.

Punting Collins was a mistake.

Our list management has been horrendous but those 3 players are poor examples.

Cerra is projecting to be as good if not better than Naughton. If we had locked Naughton what's to say he doesn't request a trade to Victoria after 4 years?

Menegola had a 2nd half WAFL season that got him drafted again. I could easily argue his delisting helped him become the player he is today.

Collins is fine but compared to Handling / Pearce / Cox he's on a hiding to nothing. If he was on our list he would be injured the whole time anyway.

FWIW, Alex Pearce was listed as a KPF on our list for 2021. Looks like that has been changed in recent weeks. Now listed as a Key defender.

Phew, glad we sorted that out. Now just to win some games consistently for a few seasons and we’ll be marginally less mediocre.

Would we be upset if Freo reached at pick 6-9 whatever it ends up being for one of Amiss or Williams if they stay ranked around 15 onwards?

I think we would, unless they became stars

Is it "reaching" if they go on to be a 200 game player? Recruiting is easy in hindsight but we should have traded for an extra pick in the middle of the first round for Naughton/Allen/Darling.

Does anyone get Clayton Oliver Vibes from Noddy?

Not as much as I get them from Charlie Constable
Best mates with Andy to… 👀

(Log in to remove this ad.)

‘When Cerra leaves’
He can walk right into his spot an take a take a little piece of the contract Cerra left. Not exactly a like for like, but does fill that big bodied mid spot we need for when Mundy goes an Fyfe aging.
NODs number in the WAFL not exactly jumping on the charts for a bloke who’s supposed to be a inside mid.

‘When Cerra leaves’
He can walk right into his spot an take a take a little piece of the contract Cerra left. Not exactly a like for like, but does fill that big bodied mid spot we need for when Mundy goes an Fyfe aging.
NODs number in the WAFL not exactly jumping on the charts for a bloke who’s supposed to be a inside mid.
Don't forget he was played in defence for first half of the season.

Send Lobb and our 2nd to the Dees for Jackson.

If only it would be that easy. Unfortunately it would cost our 1st, Lobb and extra. We missed our chance with Jackson, Naughton etc, we need to try and focus on the next crop of WA talls.

This coming draft may be the best opportunity. With three local tall forwards ranked inside the top 25-30, we need to try to get two of them. Surely, the Eagles won't be silly enough to use their first round pick on another key position forward. I would love us to have Tabs and Treacy starting next year, with a couple of promising talls playing for Peel. The dream.

If only it would be that easy. Unfortunately it would cost our 1st, Lobb and extra. We missed our chance with Jackson, Naughton etc, we need to try and focus on the next crop of WA talls.

This coming draft may be the best opportunity. With three local tall forwards ranked inside the top 25-30, we need to try to get two of them. Surely, the Eagles won't be silly enough to use their first round pick on another key position forward. I would love us to have Tabs and Treacy starting next year, with a couple of promising talls playing for Peel. The dream.

Isn’t Jackson “home sick” too though?

Let’s not give too much away chasing.
Lobb goes, we use the picks in the draft. And pick up a Cameron or Lynch type for nothing for cover.

Also saw snuff casually drop elsewhere that we’d been linked to Matt crouch. Wether or not the player is the right choice, the strategy is. Add experience for cheap, get talent through the draft

Is it "reaching" if they go on to be a 200 game player? Recruiting is easy in hindsight but we should have traded for an extra pick in the middle of the first round for Naughton/Allen/Darling.

You’re assuming anyone was trading those picks. What if the player we choose to skip wins a brownlow and the one we take is a bust?

this is my point, a lot of what if’s.
which is why I’m ok with the best player available stance Freo has taken.

if we want one of those WA key forwards, hopefully either they start dominating to rise up the ranks, or we trade in another teens pick

I don’t see anything wrong with taking Logue to be honest.
I would have been completely fine with taking Naughton over Cerra, it’s who I thought we would on draft day.
Darcy has proven to be a better pick than English.

You’re not going to take Allen at 5 in that draft with the info you had at the time though. If we wanted him, we needed to trade in picks.

you’re picking and choosing saying what’s killing the club, when they’ve actually bailed most picks. Do we need forwards, sure. But the drafting hasn’t been too bad.

The big stuff up was the Hogan tradE, though I firmly believe Ben King would have already left.

I don’t see anything wrong with taking Logue to be honest.
I would have been completely fine with taking Naughton over Cerra, it’s who I thought we would on draft day.
Darcy has proven to be a better pick than English.

You’re not going to take Allen at 5 in that draft with the info you had at the time though. If we wanted him, we needed to trade in picks.

you’re picking and choosing saying what’s killing the club, when they’ve actually bailed most picks. Do we need forwards, sure. But the drafting hasn’t been too bad.

The big stuff up was the Hogan tradE, though I firmly believe Ben King would have already left.
King may have left but what currency we would of got compared to what we got from Hogan?

King may have left but what currency we would of got compared to what we got from Hogan?

oh no I agree completely. I just think he would have left after his 2 years, best case, after next year after a 2 year extension.

What we got as a result, you can probably guess top picks etc.

Does anyone else think that Cerra and Brayshaw have already reached their ceiling? 2 Goals and 30 disposals from Cerra ... what more can you expect from the kid. It's a bit more pessimistic but after this season I cant see where our improvement is coming from unless we fix our ten year and counting KPF crisis and Hamling and Pearce get on the park consistently. Our midfield is really shallow. Look at the dogs:

Bont
Macrae
Dunkley
Smith
Libba
Treloar
Hunter

That's 7 A graders in the mid-20s bracket playing consistent footy together IMO.

We have :

Serong
Brayshaw
Cerra

...daylight...

¿Valente?
O'Driscoll?
Chapman?
Tucker
Blakely

We are so far off it list wise I just can't really see us doing anything for the next three years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back