List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are those trades mentioned actually pipe dreams? Also Shai Bolton on 1 mill a season is scary!!

Keep reading draft draft draft does that mean the Longmuir experiment has failed i mean i’m pretty sure the narrative was we were on the cusp of finals when he was appointed’ by the sounds of it supporters on here still reckon we’re 3 or 4 years away.

So what happens if one of either Cerra or Lobb stay? Can we afford Bolton on the massive coin PSD route?

The article feels like it was written by a one eyed Freo supporter.

Receive max offers for Cerra and Lobb and gain Bolton through PSD? Hit draft with 4 first rounders! Get the hell out of here!

So what happens if one of either Cerra or Lobb stay? Can we afford Bolton on the massive coin PSD route?

The article feels like it was written by a one eyed Freo supporter.

Receive max offers for Cerra and Lobb and gain Bolton through PSD? Hit draft with 4 first rounders! Get the hell out of here!
If Cerra is deadset on going I'd trade him for Bolton in a heartbeat. We've put a shitload of work into him and its starting to pay off. A draft pick would set us back.

Freo Set for Bolstered Draft Bonanza
Taylor Black The West Australian
Fri, 30 July 2021 4:11PM

View attachment 1191358

Adam Cerra and James Aish at Training Credit: Kelsey Reid/The West Australian

In what is set to be a defining off season for the emerging Fremantle Dockers in which they are expected to need to find replacements for Adam Cerra and the wantaway Rory Lobb, a recent development has seen them pursuing an oft overlooked tactic for list management. Cerra and Lobb are both deciding between $700,000 each next season with Fremantle or offers elsewhere, it is understood that Cerra is destined to make his new home at Carlton on a four year deal worth $2.8 million with Lobb considering an off season move to Gold Coast to take up a lucrative, AFL enhanced, ambassador offer at the Suns to lead their young forward group and offer a backup for their depleted rucks.

Fremantle has indicated that both players are required for their 2022 campaign and discussions have yet to move beyond packages involving multiple first round picks. Cerra is expected to be exchanged along with Fremantle's current second round pick for Carlton's first round pick both this year and next, currently pick number six with expectations of an improved season next year pushing the 2022 pick into the early teens. Although Carlton are seeking to avoid their pick six being included in the exchange it is understood that Fremantle will not budge on this requirement as they have their sights set on the elite outside run and skills of Josh Sinn, of the Sandringham Dragons, who they don't believe will be available at their own first pick, currently pick eight.

View attachment 1191378

Injured pair Rory Lobb and Sean Darcy Credit: Paul Kane/Getty Images via AFL Photos

Rory Lobb being contracted for both 2022 and 2023 is poised to be the harder of the two to pry away from the club due to it's lack of both a mature tall forward to partner Matthew Taberner and a versatile second ruck to give Sean Darcy support without the 207cm big man. The Gold Coast Suns made their intentions mid season that they would be open to moving their first round pick this season, currently pick five, if it allowed them to bring a mature tall forward to form an athletic and high marking combination with the twenty-one year old Ben King. It is understood that Fremantle is not satisfied with this high pick for Lobb alone, feeling his contribution to the team cannot be replaced with this selection in a year where coach Justin Longmuir needs to find consistency of performance to push his side into the finals and win himself a contract extension. The Fremantle Football department know all too well that to lose a forward would set them back even when all other options are fit and leaving the young Josh Treacy to shoulder the load is an unreasonable expectation for the now eighteen year old key forward. Current negotiations are centered on the exchange of Rory Lobb and Fremantle's first round pick in 2022 for Gold Coast's first round pick number five and their AFL concession pick currently number nineteen, which Fremantle believe is adequate compensation to grant the passage of the tall to the Suns. Although the Suns are not happy to part with such value they are facing pressure from the AFL to find success in 2022 and the tall forward will assist with that while also filling the temporary void left by the ACL injury to Jarrod Witts this season.

With both deals set to be finalised before the mid way point of the trade period the Dockers are poised to strike with a bounty of selections in hand to offer to clubs to lure their stars, by this time holding picks five, six, eight and nineteen but it is believed that the Dockers intend to take those picks to the draft and utilise an often overlooked list management option. The departure of Cerra and Lobb leaves a $1.4 million hole in the salary cap plans for Fremantle for the 2022 and 2023 seasons, with which the Dockers are assembling an offer of $2 million over two seasons for Richmond's homesick Shai Bolton in the Preseason Draft - believing no other club will be willing to pay the million dollar a season asking price. In a move destined to generate the already fierce rivalry between the Tigers and Fremantle the Dockers will secure Bolton without spending any of their draft capital and leaving them $400,000 in the black for 2022 and 2023 with which to retain young stars Caleb Serong and Hayden Young. It is understood that the AFL, although not happy with the arrangement, will not object to the Dockers extending Bolton's contract upon completing his move to Cockburn as long as the first year of the deal is not altered in renegotiation.

The Fremantle Dockers look set to replace their class midfielder without the use of their bounty of first round picks, with their firmly eyes on the promising local talls at the draft - if they can find a way to replace the marking power and ruck support of Lobb in the first round this season then 2022 could deliver what Fremantle supporters have been hoping since the 2014 season after their maiden Grand Final appearance - renewed hope in a group of young dedicated players behind their young coach attempting to write themselves into the list of immortals memories of all who wear the purple.
Just checked the calendar, it’s not April 1st….
written by Taylor Black, so ahh… any relation Taylor?

Keep reading draft draft draft does that mean the Longmuir experiment has failed i mean i’m pretty sure the narrative was we were on the cusp of finals when he was appointed’ by the sounds of it supporters on here still reckon we’re 3 or 4 years away.
I think people say draft, draft, draft because that is the cheapest way of getting great talent. It doesn't really have anything to do with where the coach is at

Peeps, that was written by Taylor…

We are not getting Bolton through PSD
Really….this may be the reason we didn’t take anyone in the MSD, so to save money in the cap.
Hard to see any else able to pay Bolton $ 1 mil a season
it works alright, this is not the 1st time I’ve heard it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t believe people actually thought it was real. The comments around “with the trade deals done already…” and “AFL is set to approve…”

most managers would be talking to clubs all year. I don’t think Bolton will come in the PSD, I do believe the trades tho. With Lobb having 2 years to run they would need to offer big. Cerra is worth 2 firsts if we give a 2nd back

Really….this may be the reason we didn’t take anyone in the MSD, so to save money in the cap.
Hard to see any else able to pay Bolton $ 1 mil a season
it works alright, this is not the 1st time I’ve heard it.
I refuse to argue with Hawthorn numpties who thinks it’s PSD or a 2nd round pick for Cerra for people in here to think there is any chance we could get Bolton through PSD…

We are the superior supporter base and it shall stay that way

If he walked to PSD could we convince clubs to not pick him up? I feel like it's such a dirty way to trade for a player that we might become hated as a club.

I refuse to argue with Hawthorn numpties who thinks it’s PSD or a 2nd round pick for Cerra for people in here to think there is any chance we could get Bolton through PSD…

We are the superior supporter base and it shall stay that way
If he did choose the Hawks the PSD would be a real threat hanging over negotiations
And as I said earlier, I cannot see how Carlton can get Cerra if the contracts are as quoted in the news.
That would give them 9 players being paid more than 50% of their cap.

And they will need to find really decent money for Sam Walsh’s next contract

If he did choose the Hawks the PSD would be a real threat hanging over negotiations
And as I said earlier, I cannot see how Carlton can get Cerra if the contracts are as quoted in the news.
That would give them 9 players being paid more than 50% of their cap.

And they will need to find really decent money for Sam Walsh’s next contract
There is no scenario Cerra goes through the PSD. Look at the history of players that have gone through there…

Wait wait so was this article written by Taylor or do we actually have a chance at all these picks. Trade talk is like a drug hahaha!

Wait wait so was this article written by Taylor or do we actually have a chance at all these picks. Trade talk is like a drug hahaha!
There would be a very small small chance. I actually like the idea of that GC trade. it’s JUST enough of complete robbery while remaining in the realms of reality.

We aren’t going to want to have 4 top picks this year at the expense of a future 1st

Lobb is quite crucial to our current set up, but Collingwood Cox as a replacement isn’t that much different.

He is out of contract, on a good day is ok, just need to stroke his ego…. Actually just like Lobb.

If some team wants to pay overs for Lobb, great we can pay unders for another Cox and pocket the difference whilst our new KPF come up to speed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back