Oh ?

2020 where he played most games but barely cracked the top 20 of the Doig

That 2020 ?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
Oh ?

2020 where he played most games but barely cracked the top 20 of the Doig

That 2020 ?

Wouldn’t read much into that… Ben king didn’t finish top 10 in suns BnF this year……

almost think your forgetting the fact freo have no replacement for him.

Why would Lobb go to GC, when his g/friend wants a job in Melbourne?
And the people suggesting that Cox should go forward, go find another sport to follow, as you clearly don't know much about Aussie Rules

I quite like Aussie Rules, but thanks for the offer.

Cox definitely showed some traits as a very young key forward, and I've seen nothing to suggest that's changed.
If we end up with a reasonable proportion of our tall defenders fit (ha) then I think he's definitely the most suited to be played forward.
Cox may prefer to play in defence which is a different conversation, but he clearly has the ability to be able to impact as a forward.

Wouldn’t read much into that… Ben king didn’t finish top 10 in suns BnF this year……

almost think your forgetting the fact freo have no replacement for him.

Yeah that’s sort of true but the question is what exactly are you trying to replace

Fair argument for …. not much

Yeah that’s sort of true but the question is what exactly are you trying to replace

Fair argument for …. not much

I'm no Lobb fan boy and can be found in numerous threads agreeing that his output is average at best. However losing Lobb would be a disaster. Treacy is at best 2 years from being average i.e. at Lobbs level now and that leaves Mr Tab's who has as many positives as he does negative. Lobb is awful 1v1 and should only be a leading target. We can't lose him without replacing with something better and there ain't much better available at the moment.

Tbf Tay's trade idea gives us pick 3 which we could use on Callaghan who is a gun. At the loss of Lobb though? Not sure.
If we somehow got pick 3 we need to use it on the best KPF or try to get Naughton or Jackson or someone similar. We have had about 2 decent KPF's in over 25 years and we will still get a decent midfielder with pick 6 or 8. No use having the next Judd or Bont if they kick it to no one in a forward line.

Don’t mind it Taylor,
But who plays forward if Tabs gets a serious injury and misses a bunch..
Treacy as our only key forward probably costs us a lot of games and then we won’t have our first rounder to show for it 😂
Our forward line would feature Taberner, Treacy and Cox. No second ruck to speak of.

If we had pick 3 I would offer it for Jackson, I and if not taken, I would trade it down.

I think the Dogs might be clamoring for pick #3 if we got it and they thought someone like English would be interested in a move to WA, with an aim to climb the draft order to get ahead of a Darcy bid and walk out of the last two drafts with pick #1, grand final, pick #3 and pick #4

If Melbourne would take pick #3 for Jackson - which is the pick they drafted him with and that cost us our future first and Lobb, have we improved?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really, it would have been eaten up by Daicos at 1
Worth listening to the Lyrics pod on the rebuilding clubs, covers why the Collingwood trade was such a bad move for them and waiting a year would of given far more flexibility.

Also from the pod interesting the other mistake they see was North passing on MacDonald as they are in a position where they will now be picking a midfielder despite keys being the major need. For me this is why Freo should go hard at a group of WA FW

When you see our forwardline of Tabs, Treacy and Lobb, I don't see how this wins us a final. I guess we will have to wait and see how they operate under our new forward coach and with our new draftees.

And the people suggesting that Cox should go forward, go find another sport to follow, as you clearly don't know much about Aussie Rules
What a sanctimonious statement. If we trade out Lobb and have a full contingent of tall defenders Cox forward is more than a valid strategy. It is almost our only strategy.

If you can't handle people having other opinions to yours, go follow another sport.

When you see our forwardline of Tabs, Treacy and Lobb, I don't see how this wins us a final. I guess we will have to wait and see how they operate under our new forward coach and with our new draftees.
To be fair, if you had of told me 12 months ago a forward line of McDonald, Brown & Fritsch (with Jackson/Gawn occasionally) was going into a GF favourite next year I would have had you committed.

To be fair, if you had of told me 12 months ago a forward line of McDonald, Brown & Fritsch (with Jackson/Gawn occasionally) was going into a GF favourite next year I would have had you committed.
Fair point. I think if we get our small forwards right and play Fyfe as a mid forward, that will take pressure off our talls.

I think the Dogs might be clamoring for pick #3 if we got it and they thought someone like English would be interested in a move to WA, with an aim to climb the draft order to get ahead of a Darcy bid and walk out of the last two drafts with pick #1, grand final, pick #3 and pick #4

If Melbourne would take pick #3 for Jackson - which is the pick they drafted him with and that cost us our future first and Lobb, have we improved?

Freo aren’t getting English or Jackson this year…think People need to let it go

sending a KPP who’s played both sides of the ground fairly promisingly forward again is a perfectly valid suggestion. Of the 4 KPDs, he’s clearly shown the most ability up forward with daylight 2nd.

What a sanctimonious statement. If we trade out Lobb and have a full contingent of tall defenders Cox forward is more than a valid strategy. It is almost our only strategy.

If you can't handle people having other opinions to yours, go follow another sport.
I agree with him on Lobb though. Posters need to move on. As far as I’ve heard and read GCS had a short enquiry and that was it.

Lobb’s girlfriend’s employment would more easily be performed in Melbourne. She works with VIC racing apparently. Makes zero sense (aside from a pay increase) that Lobb goes to GCS (and apparently the high salary in addition to being shut down by Lobb’s management is what ended that short enquiry).

As for Cox I think he did quite well forward. Cox and possibly Logue will need to be capable swingmen. If all of Hamling, Pearce, Cox, Logue, Chapman are fit and available then why wouldn’t one of Cox or Logue play forward. Even Luke Ryan and Ethan Hughes have played medium-tall defender at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back