List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think our Tall Forward line stocks could definetly use him. Everyone is talking like hes crap. Seriously our Tall Forwards are Taberner, lobb and treacy…
how often do Lobb and Taberner get injured? In particular Taberner
He's not a forward.

I genuinely think we need an elite pressure forward more than a key forward. Look at both grand finalists, they don't have the best talls, aside from Naughton, but they have at least one real good pressure forward, Kozzie and Weightman. I'd rather us take Rachele with pick 6/8 because if he can be anything like a Toby Greene type as scouted then I'd say that's a bigger short coming for us than than our key forwards.

We aren’t interested in English.
In a recent post I said he played like someone on day release from a Home for the Bewildered. Then he had better games and I felt mean.

If he DID come to us I think I'd warm to him more than Lobb. The Lobbster is talented but frustratingly inconsistent and seems a bit self-satisfied with his hot and cold output. But maybe that's me being mean again.

"Wanna draft a forward?"

"Well we've got three talls even though they've never played together at the same time because of injury"

very reassuring

Tabs & Lobb are 29 next year. In the words of Terry Wallace "I'll spew up" if we don't get a quality Tall Forward in this draft. Ideally Amiss or JVR. We took so long to replace Pav and never got a quality 2nd to play along side him.

I don't want the same mistakes to repeated again

Dayts if we got pick 6, who would you choose in the draft?

IMO JVR. Think draft boards are Vic bias and he’s gonna climb with 2 more state games. Wouldn’t be shocked if he was the first KPP drafted. To risky to hope he slides.
Then best available mid or hopefully Rachele is still there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO JVR. Think draft boards are Vic bias and he’s gonna climb with 2 more state games. Wouldn’t be shocked if he was the first KPP drafted. To risky to hope he slides.
Bell & garlick both said we will target key forward in Draft

I think saying JVR would be there at 10 is a fairly safe call and if he is I really hope we take him. Rachele, JVR with 8 and 10 then warner/hough/Browne with our 2nd rounder and I would be stoked

I think saying JVR would be there at 10 is a fairly safe call and if he is I really hope we take him. Rachele, JVR with 8 and 10 then warner/hough/Browne with our 2nd rounder and I would be stoked
I reckon take Amiss over JVR.. Might even trade back in for JVR if hes not drafted first night. is Rachele thats good?

Tim has massive scope for improvement, and will definitely be a better player than Lobb. And is the age profile we should be after.
You’d imagine would go much better with a coach who doesn’t think rucks are useless also. Not sure if known or not but bevo not much time for rucks / English
Might give this more of a chance

Another interesting part to this is the Bulldogs will pick up Darcy father son which may be in their thinking.

On the Lobb discussions, I actually thought he had a reasonable season prior to injury and had improved his kicking a bit too. I like most had been frustrated with his inconsistency prior but I think he is a solid forward ruck option when fit.

Last edited:
Tim has massive scope for improvement, and will definitely be a better player than Lobb. And is the age profile we should be after.
You’d imagine would go much better with a coach who doesn’t think rucks are useless also. Not sure if known or not but bevo not much time for rucks / English
Might give this more of a chance
I wonder if Bevo might think they were trying to get rid of him when they drafted English and Jackson with early picks?

I reckon take Amiss over JVR.. Might even trade back in for JVR if hes not drafted first night. is Rachele thats good?
Yeah if Amiss is available we should definitely take him at 10. I rate Rachele extremely highly because he really seems like the type of player that will win games off his own boot. He's pretty much a Toby Green clone so maybe that's why I rate him so highly but he has backed it up with the highest goals per game average and second in average score involvements in the NAB league whilst also averaging 18.5 disposals and 6 marks a game being mainly used off half forward. Obviously we would have to question him about his commitment to the club if we intend on picking him up but I see him as the type of player Freo seriously needs. He's by far my favourite prospect in this draft so far.

Yeah if Amiss is available we should definitely take him at 10. I rate Rachele extremely highly because he really seems like the type of player that will win games off his own boot. He's pretty much a Toby Green clone so maybe that's why I rate him so highly but he has backed it up with the highest goals per game average and second in average score involvements in the NAB league whilst also averaging 18.5 disposals and 6 marks a game being mainly used off half forward. Obviously we would have to question him about his commitment to the club if we intend on picking him up but I see him as the type of player Freo seriously needs. He's by far my favourite prospect in this draft so far.
Fair enough.. think our draft will depend on if we get clark trade week

From the brisbane board

From the Herald Sun:
NO LATE CHANGE FOR LACHIE
Lachie Neale is already working on his strength and conditioning program for next year at Brisbane and will not make a late trade request to get back home to Perth.
There has been speculation this week that Neale might again ask for a trade home despite considering that move then telling the Lions he was happy to fulfil the last two years of his contract.
His manager Tim Lawrence told the Herald Sun on Friday: “He will not be leaving Brisbane. That is dead and buried. He will not be going anywhere”.
The Lion have three welfare staff - two of them female - given so many players are from interstate and have young partners with children.
Ways in which they will help players’ wives while they are on road trips included things as simple as helping pre-make meals for the week on Sunday afternoons or even staying with them for a full week when they are battling with young kids.
Neale will tweak his program to attempt to bulletproof his program after calf niggles this year, but is locked in at Brisbane for the long run after earlier uncertainty.
It would be unlike Lachie and Tim to pull a swifty….it is dead and buried until it isn’t.

Why didn’t the HSUN ask Tim how he had Lachie booked for a medical.

I think it is best for Lachie and for Freo that he is loyal to his word and stays put. I still think despite the ‘dead and buried’ commentary, the talk of him coming back to Perth won’t go away and will intensify as Trade period progresses.

For what it’s worth I think the only trade we’ll make is for Jordan Clark.

I think the coach has given his thoughts to Walls on what he thinks we need and I’ve been interested in his comments in recent interviews about being very happy about not trading picks and taking them to the draft.

Not sure if this has been mentioned previously, but Mitch Cleary's reported that we've put a 4-year deal in front of Jordan Clark.

Fair enough.. think our draft will depend on if we get clark trade week

The West confirming English’s girlfriend to join Fever on a two year contract. I think we can get English and a Clark and still keep our pick 6 (from Cerra) and 8. The dogs don’t want a first round pick for English as it will just be Sucked up by the matching of a top 4 bid for Darcy. Also I expect Lobb to be involved as no way we would have re-signed Meek last week if we knew English was coming and Lobb was staying, so Lobb seems definitely part of the deal (even if not to Dogs maybe part of a 3 way trade). We can still get Clark for a future second and maybe have to throw in our pick 27 for English but hopefully will get 24 from Carlton (as well as 6). That gives us 3 picks to pick up any of Amiss/JVR/Eramus/Johnson/Williams.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back