List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know clark personally however him being an albany boy i can tell you what i've heard.

he is a decent guy. dad was very well connected in the albany football scene. went to the grammar school. brother is apparently an absolute nightmare. clark is quiet. apparently pretty popular.

tbh he sounds like one of those "popular" kids, but somewhat decent private school kid. (to use high schoolers terminology)

I hear no issues with us trading for clark. unless he has changed since he left albany.

What do you mean by "his brother is a nightmare"?

Amiss with 0 goals in 2 weeks. If JVR kicks a bag tomorrow I might be leaning towards picking him instead? If so we can take Rachele with 10 and secure a mid/late first rounder for JVR?

Taylor What late first rounder could we secure to get JVR?
Watched last weeks Colts live. JVR had 7 total and showed nothing special. Amiss looks all class. Didn’t have the supply in a 6 goal losing team.

The only one who is naive is you mate if you believe players just go for success. They will go were the money is. Langdon went to Melb after they finished 2nd last, Neale went to Brisbane after they finished 15th and Hill went St Kilda after they finished 14. And all those teams were below us at the time those players left

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
All all of those clubs paid significant overs salary wise. Cerras value is set.

Post here your exact trade scenario and we can compare in October:

All all of those clubs paid significant overs salary wise. Cerras value is set.

Post here your exact trade scenario and we can compare in October:

Mate you told us he was definitely going to Melb so stop thinking about other options so I have. I’ve already asked you what Melb is going to give us and you haven’t responded yet. Given you know it is happening with 100% certainty tell us what the trade is! Also you must be joking saying that Brisbane paid overs for Neale. He won a f%^^ Brownlow. Also Melb definately didn’t pay overs for Langdon and how is Cerra’s value already set!!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate you told us he was definitely going to Melb so stop thinking about other options so I have. I’ve already asked you what Melb is going to give us and you haven’t responded yet. Given you know it is happening with 100% certainty tell us what the trade is!

Melbourne clearly have a plan, or why would they bother? At this point though our club doesn’t know about it, and it’s all about Carlton.

Putting aside the pissing contests about trades for a sec, I read something about Clarke’s Manager and himself not being happy about being played out of position at Geelong. The worrying thing there is apparently they believe he is not a mid but best played at half back.

I was ok about bringing him in thinking he’d be played on the wing and give us some zip and skill through the middle but if the above is correct, I’d prefer we stay well away.

Melbourne clearly have a plan, or why would they bother? At this point though our club doesn’t know about it, and it’s all about Carlton.

I’m not discounting Melb or anybody as I think there is a long way to go before this is done deal, but people need to know they can’t just come out and say everybody who thinks there is any possibility apart from him going to Melbourne is niave.

Some posters seem to be bagging Jordan Clark about perceived attitude issues. I think some might be overthinking this.
I for one think he is exactly what we need - a bloke who can provide a burst of speed out of centre clearances & a bit of class on the wing & flanks. Like Wilson, he can also roost the ball 60m.
Like Sturt, he is clearly a very skillful all round natural sportsman - eg took a hat trick playing cricket for Australia against Pakistan. You only need to look at his highlights video from his debut year to see he has a tonne of talent.
I don't mind it at all if he rates himself - that's all part of being a confident player. After playing the way he did in his 1st year of AFL, I'd be pissed if I had to sit out for the likes of Higgins & Smith.

Sent from my RMX2111 using Tapatalk

Putting aside the pissing contests about trades for a sec, I read something about Clarke’s Manager and himself not being happy about being played out of position at Geelong. The worrying thing there is apparently they believe he is not a mid but best played at half back.

I was ok about bringing him in thinking he’d be played on the wing and give us some zip and skill through the middle but if the above is correct, I’d prefer we stay well away.
I could be wrong because I haven't read all the articles etc but I think you might have this mixed up. I'm pretty sure he wants to play as a mid/wing.

I could be wrong because I haven't read all the articles etc but I think you might have this mixed up. I'm pretty sure he wants to play as a mid/wing.

Comes from this article, doesn't guarantee it's true obviously but it also gave me some concerns.
I'd be interested in recruiting him for the wing or HF, not for the same spot as Wilson/Walker.

Comes from this article, doesn't guarantee it's true obviously but it also gave me some concerns.
I'd be interested in recruiting him for the wing or HF, not for the same spot as Wilson/Walker.

The same article that thinks Rory Lobb might want to "move back" to Melbourne?

I think it is just poorly written. He was playing very well on a wing at VFL but then not performing as well when playing HB at AFL. I'm almost certain he wants to play wing (like he did at VFL) for AFL.

Some posters seem to be bagging Jordan Clark about perceived attitude issues. I think some might be overthinking this.
I for one think he is exactly what we need - a bloke who can provide a burst of speed out of centre clearances & a bit of class on the wing & flanks. Like Wilson, he can also roost the ball 60m.
Like Sturt, he is clearly a very skillful all round natural sportsman - eg took a hat trick playing cricket for Australia against Pakistan. You only need to look at his highlights video from his debut year to see he has a tonne of talent.
I don't mind it at all if he rates himself - that's all part of being a confident player. After playing the way he did in his 1st year of AFL, I'd be pissed if I had to sit out for the likes of Higgins & Smith.

Sent from my RMX2111 using Tapatalk
Clark has shown a bit off half back at afl level - fact

Literally shown nothing, zilch as a wing, despite everyone banging on about how good he'll be there - fact

Shown close to 0 potential as a midfielder - fact

Many clubs believe he's better suiter off half back - fact

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Obviously I don’t know what is true or not and will trust the club to sort it out with him. Just expressing my thought that if what I read was true, he’s not a good fit.

It helps me knowing it came from the Edmund article. Makes it easier to believe it’s inaccurate but I hope like hell they’re looking in to where he wants to be played.

If he sees himself as a rebounding half back then that’s not a sign of a bad attitude, just a bad fit for us in my opinion.

To me it’s the difference between him being worth a 2nd or 4th rounder for us.

Last edited:
Clark has shown a bit off half back at afl level - fact

Literally shown nothing, zilch as a wing, despite everyone banging on about how good he'll be there - fact

Shown close to 0 potential as a midfielder - fact

Many clubs believe he's better suiter off half back - fact

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep, he’s worth a 3rd rounder or a second round swap, etc, not worth selling the farm.
Has missed plenty of footy, so needs development, but has upside or potential.
Could also be a total bust, so no guarantees and that all depends on attitude.
After McCarthy, Matera, Dixon, etc you can see why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back