List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlton won't give up 6* & 25* and Fremantle will want a bit more than pick 6*. I don't see the middle ground in that as being something that will drag on through a trade period.

If Carlton is the club then they should be able to sort that out early.

think the middle ground is future 2nd

I dont think this is going to be an issue regardless of what some Carlton posters were saying. Early media talk was Carlton trying to do SPS with pick 6 in some way. There will be something coming with 6, it's just a question of what

I know I don’t buy into that stuff, but I think 8* and future second is truly unders, and think that’s where it’ll lay for a long part of trade week. Would you accept that?
Or hold out that he would sigh on for a extra year or go to north ?

Anyone have any information as to why SPS chose Methcoast.
And if he hadn’t would we want him.

I know I don’t buy into that stuff, but I think 8* and future second is truly unders, and think that’s where it’ll lay for a long part of trade week. Would you accept that?
Or hold out that he would sigh on for a extra year or go to north ?
I think it's unders as well, but close enough that given he's out of contract you cop it and move on. The important part is the net result.

Assuming no Cogs or English shenanigans, the goal should be to bring Clark in, trade Cerra out and come away with two top 10 picks and two more top 30 picks. Perfectly fine to dip into next year apart from the first.

Cerra for 6 and a future 2nd is unders, unless Geelong are happy taking a Carlton future 2nd then its fine.

What we cant do is get unders for Cerra then pay overs for Clark

Follow up ? Any reason why Freo didn’t want that.
Probably for the same reasons almost no one in here wanted him
1) Soft
2) Still unfit
3) Cant get a game in a team with 14 players injured and bottom 8

I’ve assumed Hughes has been upgraded which is where we differ.

Either way it’s seven spots total. By draft time I expect to fill six of those spots with senior listed players and one in the rookie draft. Not only is their room for Clark, we probably need to trade future picks for players or 2021 draft picks.
I just don’t want to spend pick 27, give a four year deal as well as take up a list spot on someone who
there is still so many question marks.

There are a number of players Bazzo, Sheldrick, + Dittmar who should be available at pick 27 + others,
we don’t know how good they’ll be, but be it 5 or 6 list spots available these become valuable when your trying
to jag a couple of top players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been relentlessly trying to get more names. It’s been a case of putting names up and getting a yay or nay. As you would expect, cards are very close to chest. I know we have got a lot going on.
Will be interesting to see this week! Dieing to know if we are actually going after any big fishes although i reckon the names would have come out by now if so

I really like the GC idea first brought up Superkoops I think and we could open up our draft period with just that trade

1) Future 3rd -> Brodie, 43.
You got to hope GC are willing to essentially pay to open up list space

2) Cerra, 43 -> 6, 24
This is a fair trade for Cerra IMO

3) Clark, F3 -> 24
Overs IMO but cant win every trade

4) F2, F3 -> 28
Richmond have a stupid amount of picks so might be willing to move some value to next year

Then we have 6, 8, 27, 28 to take the draft.

Last edited:
Has Mick Barlow written anything about Brodie coming to Fremantle? He'd be someone who was at Gold Coast for the first 2 years after Brodie was drafted and might have a bit of an idea about what kind of player and person he is.

I’ve been relentlessly trying to get more names. It’s been a case of putting names up and getting a yay or nay. As you would expect, cards are very close to chest. I know we have got a lot going on.
Tell them Wakojako, a professional bigfooty nuffie suggests Cerra + 25, 27 > Jackson so they have enough points to bid on Andrew. Also ask them when I can take Walls job ;)

Edit: There are too many *ing NGA rules

Last edited:
Tell them Wakojako, a professional bigfooty nuffie suggests Cerra + 25, 27 > Jackson so they have enough points to bid on Andrew. Also ask them when I can take Walls job ;)
They can’t match a bid on Andrew unless he lasts til after 20.
Not off to a good start there jako.

Philosophical questions for the day:

Question 1: Why do we really need more than just two first rounds and a second (plus pick 1001 or whatever for Benning as an NGA) in the National Draft?

Question 2: Why does it seem we have been targeted in on contracted players from other clubs if we were going to "hit the draft heavily"?(and more so when we are dealing with an uncontracted player)?

I really like the GC idea first brought up Superkoops I think and we could open up our draft period with just that trade

1) Future 3rd -> Brodie, 43.
You got to hope GC are willing to essentially pay to open up list space

2) Cerra, 43 -> 6, 24
This is a fair trade for Cerra IMO

3) Clark, F3 -> 24
Overs but cant win every trade

4) F2, F3 -> 28
Richmond have a stupid amount of picks so might be willing to move some value to next year

Then we have 6, 8, 27, 28 to take the draft.
Pretty good effort. Couple of points:
Carlton have 25 and we would want something back in that Cerra trade.

1) Cerra, 43 -> 6, 25, Carl F3
2) Carl F3 -> Brodie, 43
3) Clark, Geel F3 -> 25, Freo F4
4) Freo F2, Geel F3 -> 28, Rich F4

2021: 6,8,27,28
2022: Freo rd1, Freo rd3, Rich rd4

Philosophical questions for the day:

Question 1: Why do we really need more than just two first rounds and a second (plus pick 1001 or whatever for Benning as an NGA) in the National Draft?

Question 2: Why does it seem we have been targeted in on contracted players from other clubs if we were going to "hit the draft heavily"?(and more so when we are dealing with an uncontracted player)?
1) Because if I cant have ALL the players this year, 4 will have to do

2) Coz Freo

Pretty good effort. Couple of points:
Carlton have 25 and we would want something back in that Cerra trade.

1) Cerra, 43 -> 6, 25, Carl F3
2) Carl F3 -> Brodie, 43
3) Clark, Geel F3 -> 25, Freo F4
4) Freo F2, Geel F3 -> 28, Rich F4

2021: 6,8,27,28
2022: Freo rd1, Freo rd3, Rich rd4
I reckon prying 25 out of Carlton's hands is going to be hard work and its going to have a lot of value. I suppose the F4s chucked in those last trades cancel out really but I think Geelong are getting real greedy demanding a F4 in that trade if you assume their F3 should be around pick 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back