List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have no issue with our drafting.

Our players identification, and trading in general is shocking excluding a few players we got overs for.

When was the last time we brought in a player and won the trade?

Acres - Disaster
Aish - Pass
Conca - Pass
Lobb - Disaster
Hogan - Massive disaster
Wilson - Poor
Matera - Poor
McCarthy - Disaster
Hill - this was a good trade, mainly because we got a better return
Hamling - Good, but we could not keep him fit
Kersten- Poor
Bennell - Poor

So many players brought in, with very little strategy.

When are we targeting a flag, and how are the players we are bringing in helping us achieve that?

Looking at the players doesn’t reflect the trade.

Conca was a free agent. Entered leadership group. Stop gap. Excellent pick up.

Hamling can’t get on the park. Disaster.

Acres was steak knives. Pass.

McCarthy allowed us to obtain Darcy, Ryan, Cox and Logue. It is by far the single best trade Freo has ever done. The fact McCarthy was no good doesn’t make the trade bad.

Hogan an absolute disaster. Not only did we not have the pick for King. The pick that went to Melbourne was used for May and they just won a flag.

He’s not living up to the promise he showed in his draft year.

He has the ability to be the best small forward in the game, in the mould of Cyril.
You are dreaming - the best small forward in the country is playing for the dees - In his second year he scored 41.41 - Hill has scored 25.22 over 3 years (this year he scored 14.12 - no comparison really.

Do the dees need Rory?? Lets swap for Kysaiah

Looking at the players doesn’t reflect the trade.

Conca was a free agent. Entered leadership group. Stop gap. Excellent pick up.

Hamling can’t get on the park. Disaster.

Acres was steak knives. Pass.

McCarthy allowed us to obtain Darcy, Ryan, Cox and Logue. It is by far the single best trade Freo has ever done. The fact McCarthy was no good doesn’t make the trade bad.

Hogan an absolute disaster. Not only did we not have the pick for King. The pick that went to Melbourne was used for May and they just won a flag.

There’s no way Lobb is a disaster given what we paid and the football he’s played for us.

You are dreaming - the best small forward in the country is playing for the dees - In his second year he scored 41.41 - Hill has scored 25.22 over 3 years (this year he scored 14.12 - no comparison really.

Do the dees need Rory?? Lets swap for Kysaiah
What part of “He has the ability to be the best small forward in the game” is confusing.

Clearly he is not living up the promise he showed in his draft year as per post.

He could be anything…..but he’s not

Our players identification, and trading in general is shocking excluding a few players we got overs for.

Acres - Disaster
Aish - Pass
Conca - Pass
Lobb - Disaster
Hogan - Massive disaster
Wilson - Poor
Matera - Poor
McCarthy - Disaster
Kersten- Poor
Bennell - Poor

When are we targeting a flag, and how are the players we are bringing in helping us achieve that?
I reckon you will be able to add Clark to that list in a couple of years if we bring him in. Something just does'nt sit right with me.

By all accounts Scarlett did not want a bar of him...that's a red flag for me.

Our drafting has been so much better than our trading it is not funny. Take the picks to the draft and pick wa kids that stay with us. It will set the club up for years

Not sure if I missed the discussion on it but those two 60s picks look potentially valuable for us if we've pre-arranged something.

When the Daicos bid happens they'll likely come in about 6 or so spots each and effectively double in points value. Live trades also means the Dogs can collect as many picks as they want once the draft starts.

So if the late picks we have sums to more points than pick #23 then we could trade for it.

Assuming we use #22 on Clark we'd then be able to use #6, #8, #19 and #23 at the draft. #23 would also give us more options assuming we trade #19 on the second day. Obviously those 60s picks come in even further if we keep them post Darcy bid as well. Lots of flexibility for us.

In order for it to work we probably need another late pick or two coming back from Geelong as part of the trade. I know the media have created a soap opera but would not surprise me if the delay is more about us leveraging what we need to make a live trade work in our favour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon you will be able to add Clark to that list in a couple of years if we bring him in. Something just does'nt sit right with me.

By all accounts Scarlett did not want a bar of him...that's a red flag for me.

Our drafting has been so much better than our trading it is not funny. Take the picks to the draft and pick wa kids that stay with us. It will set the club up for years

Geelong did move on Scarlett. So maybe he was just a knob. Which suits my narrative better if we land Clark.

I can see us being very active with live trading on both draft nights.
On day 1 I think if it gets to our pick 6 and we have 3 players we are keen on we might trade 6 for st kildas 9 and future 2nd
On day 2 19 and our future 3rd (Carl) out for hawks 21 and future 2nd

Care to enlighten us why?

Because I know for a fact he'd prefer to play in the middle. Inside / Out (mostly) is where we need him. Use his speed and coverage in the middle where we need it. Structurally we'd be wasting tools putting Hill & Henry in the same part of the ground together, and Hill is the better winger, Henry the better forward.

Because I know for a fact he'd prefer to play in the middle. Inside / Out (mostly) is where we need him. Use his speed and coverage in the middle where we need it. Structurally we'd be wasting tools putting Hill & Henry in the same part of the ground together, and Hill is the better winger, Henry the better forward.
Henry has alot of work to do to cement a spot in fwd line - his defensive skills are substandard at this stage

Acres - Disaster
Aish - Pass
Conca - Pass
Lobb - Disaster
Hogan - Massive disaster
Wilson - Poor
Matera - Poor
McCarthy - Disaster
Kersten- Poor
Bennell - Poor

9 out 11 players you listed are Colin Young players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jumping the gun here a bit. We lost Cerra but have turned a draft hand of 8,27 and 81 into 6, 8, 19, 27, 2 x 60s and 81. And we gained former top 10 pick in Brodie. We have not lost anyone else at this stage.

I reckon thats ok but then I am a glass half full guy.

It’s more than Ok, and we actually have 22 not 27

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back