List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The scum may be scum but they know their stuff when it comes to this sort of thing. Without doing any research I'm going to assume the grand total of WCE delists running around making a fist of it for other clubs is 0.
Eagles Generally recruit very well. They will need to step it up as they are going to crash hard very very soon

Eagles Generally recruit very well. They will need to step it up as they are going to crash hard very very soon
Arguably "making a fist of it for other clubs is 0" is a measure of development not recruiting. Looked at another way, the players they drop have zero chance at AFL level and should not have been drafted.

Arguably "making a fist of it for other clubs is 0" is a measure of development not recruiting. Looked at another way, the players they drop have zero chance at AFL level and should not have been drafted.
It's also a measure of their ego's and not wanting to let anybody go unless they aren't going to make it. The risk of egg on their face is the main concern rather than getting some value out of a player that isn't working out.

Clark is sounding more and more like a problem that Geelong are stuck with and wants off its books. That they are asking Freo to give up an excellent draft pick to take the baggage on seems fanciful but why not give it a go? Surely they'll take the 22 at the last minute. If we don't get him, fine by me.
Pray tell how Clark is 'sounding' more and more like a problem? He has put a trade request in to get more opportunity in his home state, what's the problem?

Would love to know how many top 10 picked players we have on our list now. I remember when we had Hogan it was decent but after this trade/draft period? How does that then compare to premiership teams of the last 20 years? Taylor ?
We have seven top ten picks on our list right now:
Logue, Serong, Brodie, Brayshaw, Aish, Henry, Young

Which will be nine by the start of next year. We could field almost half a side of top ten picks.

Would love to know how many top 10 picked players we have on our list now. I remember when we had Hogan it was decent but after this trade/draft period? How does that then compare to premiership teams of the last 20 years? Taylor ?
Love how every time there's a question that requires crunching historical data, everyone always summons Taylor.

I have a business case to write up for a new offering from the organisation I work for that requires analysing recent cost and income data: Taylor ?

We have seven top ten picks on our list right now:
Logue, Serong, Brodie, Brayshaw, Aish, Henry, Young

Which will be nine by the start of next year. We could field almost half a side of top ten picks.
I knew you'd know without having to look it up haha.

Love how every time there's a question that requires crunching historical data, everyone always summons Taylor.

I have a business case to write up for a new offering from the organisation I work for that requires analysing recent cost and income data: Taylor ?
What's the day rate?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1259733

Lets look at who is going to be willing to cough up for pick 19.
Be really interesting to be chatting with North, Hawthorn, Carlton and Geelong.

Hawthorn: 21 and future second for 19?
I really REALLY want Geelong to trade F1 + 22 for 19

Soon to be nine top ten picks on the list.
Already eleven first round picks.

Our top talent 22:
FB: [BP], Chapman, [BP]
HB: Young, Logue, Aish
C: Acres, Brayshaw, Clark
HF: Sturt, [CHF], [HFF]
FF: Henry, [FF], [FP]
R: [Ruck], Brodie, Serong
I:

It looks pretty clear that we need to inject some first round picks into that forward line.

With a glossy, plastic cover? Perfect!

Plastic? Really? what about the ESG principles of the client? Don't you mean a PDF document with a photoshopped graphic design cover with some blonde babe in glasses and a suit with her the top buttons of her shirt slightly undone looking pensively at a computer with some half faded charts in the background?

The thing that I like is that we have traded in two almost young draftees, Clark soon to turn 22 and Brodie who is 23 , we haven't picked players who are getting long in the tooth but players who are yet to hit their peaks and all for really, very little. So if they don't work out, it hasn't cost us such as it has with Bennell, Hogan, McCarthy etc. If they turn out to be very serviceable or better , it's a win win situation.
We've still got great early picks for the draft to maybe jag another Serong, Neale or Fyfe, who knows, fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back