mr.11

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
F.C Barcelona ,Redwings
What are poeoples thougths on approaching Brisbane for a pick swap?

6 or 8 for 14 and 18?

having 6/8, 14, 18, 19 would be a great hand. Yes we might miss a potential top 8 player, but gives us two solid picks in the teens. The noise is after the first 6 -8 players it’s very much even based on needs.

6/8 - Rachele, Erasmus
14 - Amiss, Johnson
18 - JVR
19 - Williams

We know clubs may come knocking for 19, so we could turn this into 21/22/24 and and extra pick to maybe get Motlop.

I wouldn't do that deal.
I'd just pick. These pick will slide by 2 on draft night with Father Sons.

Amiss is a MUST!

#6 Erasmus and #8 Amiss

Alfonz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
How many spots do we currently have on our list?

Do we need to make room for draftees?

Is Brayden Sier of any interest to us?

33 on the main list. This must be 36-38.

4 on Cat A rookie list. This must be 4-6. Total 40-42 when combined with main list. So we have up to 5 free spots at the moment.

1 (Irishman) on Cat B rookie list. Can have 1 more.

I don't think we should be taking any DFA's, because it limits our options during the main/rookie drafts. We might want two list spots for Motlop/Benning. Maybe we end up with neither on the main/CatA list, but we won't know that before the draft. If that is how it pans out, I'd rather just draft the likes of Dittmar or Serong's brother.

Erasmus was my horse from the Colts GF last year and I shouldnt jump off now I havent been able to see him play for a while

Dream full outcome for mine
8 - Erasmus
10 - JVR
19 -> 21, F2 (Hawks)
21 - Butler
61 & 69 - St Kilda F3 and there worst F4 so they have more points for their 2 NGA's

Puregold

All Australian
Jul 29, 2009
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Be interesting to see what we do if Mac Andrew is there at our pick. 6(8). Can see us live trading with Richmond's pick 7 or St Kilda's pick 9 so that one of. them can get him.

eg
6 for 7 and 28
or
6 for 9 and future 2nd.

rgauci

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 16, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
DOCKERS
Be interesting to see what we do if Mac Andrew is there at our pick. 6(8). Can see us live trading with Richmond's pick 7 or St Kilda's pick 9 so that one of. them can get him.

eg
6 for 7 and 28
or
6 for 9 and future 2nd.

I don’t trust Richmond at pick 7, they’ll take a key forward I think. How old are Jack Riewoldt and Tom Lynch? Keeping in mind they lost CCJ and Chol in the same off season.

heypenny

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2006
London
AFL Club
Fremantle
Although it seems like 'reaching' - I feel like we need to go Amiss and JVR with picks 8 & 10. We're lacking big time in quality forwards and we may need to hedge our bets. I'll be fuming if the player we overlook becomes the star.

I know we lost Cerra from our midfield but we've also gained Clark and Brodie. We also need to give opportunities for Valente and O'Driscoll at somepoint and we saw late in the year that Tucker's best position is in the midfield as well as having a diverse mix (Switzkowski and hopefully Walters rotating through). There's also scope for Chapman or Young to be involved in the midfield at some point. We have options.

Midfielders are also a dime a dozen in the draft. There's an opportunity two pick the two best KPFs in the draft who are both from WA. Let's just do it.

UltimateStrategist

All Australian
Aug 2, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle

excuse-me-who-the-hell-are-you.gif

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
33 on the main list. This must be 36-38.

4 on Cat A rookie list. This must be 4-6. Total 40-42 when combined with main list. So we have up to 5 free spots at the moment.

1 (Irishman) on Cat B rookie list. Can have 1 more.

I don't think we should be taking any DFA's, because it limits our options during the main/rookie drafts. We might want two list spots for Motlop/Benning. Maybe we end up with neither on the main/CatA list, but we won't know that before the draft. If that is how it pans out, I'd rather just draft the likes of Dittmar or Serong's brother.
If we wanted Brander then we could simply delist and redraft Valente in the rookie draft to create a spot. He has a contract so I don't think anyone would pick him up as they would have to pay his full main list wage. That would give us 5 picks in the main draft still.

Mr Cheese

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Although it seems like 'reaching' - I feel like we need to go Amiss and JVR with picks 8 & 10. We're lacking big time in quality forwards and we may need to hedge our bets. I'll be fuming if the player we overlook becomes the star.

I know we lost Cerra from our midfield but we've also gained Clark and Brodie. We also need to give opportunities for Valente and O'Driscoll at somepoint and we saw late in the year that Tucker's best position is in the midfield as well as having a diverse mix (Switzkowski and hopefully Walters rotating through). There's also scope for Chapman or Young to be involved in the midfield at some point. We have options.

Midfielders are also a dime a dozen in the draft. There's an opportunity two pick the two best KPFs in the draft who are both from WA. Let's just do it.
I'm not adverse to doing this, but I think it'll be Best Mid or Rachelle and Amiss, and I'm pretty sure JVR will be available at 19 (maybe even lower, allowing a trade out). He's not set the world on fire and unless the Eagles take him, has got the go-home factor. Agree we should grab two talls, but it would appear from the chatter that Amiss is the one we're hitching our wagon to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back