List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ethan Hughes is going to need a new position.

Has years of defence taught him how to take a mark? Could he go forward?
We need someone who will be accountable to his defender and absolutely fearless in the attack at the ball and opponent. He is quick, big and brave.

I am pretty sure we have him for three seasons and unless the coaches see him as a first choice defender then he sits behind quite a number of them.

My idea scenario would be:

6: Rachele
8: Erasmus
19: JVR

But would picking Rachele be worth the risk the JVR would be gone by 19? I'm not sure that it is
Probably my absolute ideal but it’s an almighty gamble hoping JVR gets passed Brisbane and Richmond in the teens

chinggis77

Club Legend
May 14, 2008
Germany
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lots of people saying we are desperate for a key forward/ruck-forward. The matwhinners these days are the goal kicking mids - we lack these. Mundy is our best and he is on his pension.

Dusty, Petracca, Bont are the kind of mids that can win you a grand final. Fyfe can't kick goals anymore. We don't have anyone like that which is why Erasmus and Rachelle or a goal-kicking mid must be a priority with 6 or 8 (or both).

Take Amiss or JVR/Williams with 8 or 19 and Benning as a rookie.

Keep in mind also that Dillon O'Reilly kicked as many goals as Amiss in the colts a few years back!

Sep 24, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
33 on the main list. This must be 36-38.

4 on Cat A rookie list. This must be 4-6. Total 40-42 when combined with main list. So we have up to 5 free spots at the moment.

1 (Irishman) on Cat B rookie list. Can have 1 more.

I don't think we should be taking any DFA's, because it limits our options during the main/rookie drafts. We might want two list spots for Motlop/Benning. Maybe we end up with neither on the main/CatA list, but we won't know that before the draft. If that is how it pans out, I'd rather just draft the likes of Dittmar or Serong's brother.

I think we can have 3 cat b. Only two from academy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back