List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
After pick 19 who’d we like to trade with?

20. North. No 2022 second doesn’t help but a one pick downgrade for say a third rounder? I’d think about it but they probably need the extra picks.

21, 24 Hawthorn. Need as many picks as possible. Doubt they consider it. Maybe Pick 24 and a future second I guess.

22, 30, 32, 34 Geelong. Can see this happening if they’re desperate to move up.

23. Western Bulldogs. Will be traded before a bid comes for Darcy. Most likely to Geelong apparently. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the Bulldogs trade a future first if someone they really rate is still on the board at this point tbh.

25. Carlton. Rumours they’re looking to trade this pick. Could be a possibility. Doesn’t have much else to offer other than future picks.

26-28 Richmond. Multiple picks here could be tempting for us and them. Have North’s 2022 second rounder as well.

29, 35 West Coast. These picks packaged together may be tempting but I believe we’ll have a better offer tbh.

Multiple 2022 Second Rounders Gold Coast. Would involve us trading back into the second round imo but they have a stupid amount of 2022 capital and would be in a position to offer us a ridiculous deal. Would be hilarious given where pick 19 came from.

Outside of a team trading us a future 1st I don’t really see any other club that looks likely. My preference would be two later seconds this year, then sitting through the draft until either a Benning bid or the draft ends (whichever happens first).

Gold Coast has the history of making stupid trades of future picks for picks in the twenties.

I also figure they would prefer to fill that Greenwood hole with a pick before #95 so having #21 right there would look juicy to them. Ask for their future first.

Then trade their pick next year for Jackson, meanwhile they get a bunch of extra firsts for players leaving so they barely notice they don't have their own anymore.

Oct 3, 2001
Darwin NT/Mt Lawley WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
MUFC, Swan Districts
I still rate JVR above Amiss, he averaged more goals per game at colts level and stood up in the finals, something Amiss failed to do.

My concern with Amiss is his hands overhead, double grabbing etc. He seems to prefer chest marks, not sure he'll get the separation in AFL.
Compared to Jack Williams who seems a lot more confident and clean overhead.

I'm a bit keen on Sheldrick with later pick, I saw him live vs Swans in Semi final and thought he was a Balla's clone, Inc arrogance and attitude. Then realised in colts GF and AFL curtain raiser he was injured then and was really a midfielder and was more impressed.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
My concern with Amiss is his hands overhead, double grabbing etc. He seems to prefer chest marks, not sure he'll get the separation in AFL.
Compared to Jack Williams who seems a lot more confident and clean overhead.

I'm a bit keen on Sheldrick with later pick, I saw him live vs Swans in Semi final and thought he was a Balla's clone, Inc arrogance and attitude. Then realised in colts GF and AFL curtain raiser he was injured then and was really a midfielder and was more impressed.
I think there is potential to get all of Amiss, Williams and Sheldrick if we trade 21.

He said Jordan Clark will start as a half back for us.

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
I'm going to make a sweeping judgement (based on absolutely no confirmed evidence) that we're selecting Jye Amiss with our first pick. I mean, Justin did not mince his words one bit in that interview :drunk:

Sep 4, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
What the fu** is this sh*t with people saying we'll draft Hobbs? Get outta here.

Erasmus and Amiss for our first picks, that's who it should be, end of story. Anyone else and we're doing it wrong

These are the classic quotes to bookmark I reckon.

Dec 6, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm going to make a sweeping judgement (based on absolutely no confirmed evidence) that we're selecting Jye Amiss with our first pick. I mean, Justin did not mince his words one bit in that interview :drunk:
I thought he was very noncommittal on Amiss, Twoomey kept trying to get him to confirm it, but JLo just flat batted the questions away.

Edit: his comments about a player who can play all over the ground gave me hope that they have JVR higher up the board than others expect.

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
I thought he was very noncommittal on Amiss, Twoomey kept trying to get him to confirm it, but JLo just flat batted the questions away.

Edit: his comments about a player who can play all over the ground gave me hope that they have JVR higher up the board than others expect.
Yep, I agree and was being facetious =)

malpaso

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Kansas City Royals

Sounds like Erasmus to me or Goater.

CapitalA

Club Legend
Nov 18, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
He said Jordan Clark will start as a half back for us.
Bye bye Wilson.

Nov 7, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I know this is talked about every off season, but if Clark gets first dibs at one HBF, what will the rest of the backline look like?

At least one or two players are going to have to be used in different positions.

Polo342

Club Legend
Nov 1, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
I know this is talked about every off season, but if Clark gets first dibs at one HBF, what will the rest of the backline look like?

At least one or two players are going to have to be used in different positions.
Hmmmm a tough one. My backline would be as follows. Unsure on Logue or Chapman aha. Would also think of putting walker to Wing

Ryan Pearce Chapman
Clark Cox Young

Nov 7, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hmmmm a tough one. My backline would be as follows. Unsure on Logue or Chapman aha. Would also think of putting walker to Wing

Ryan Pearce Chapman
Clark Cox Young
I think Walker is a born HBF. Don't think the wing suits his game.

Freddy is more of a chance, but depends what our half forward line looks like and if someone like Sturt is actually fit.

The wildcard is Chapman. I love him to bits as a player but have no idea where he should play!

Aug 23, 2017
Grounded
AFL Club
Fremantle

Ryan Pearce Chapman
Clark Cox Young

That looks a bit too heavy.

Chappo up the ground, Logie to the back pocket to mind the small forwards.

Ryan Pearce Logue
Clark Cox Young

Aish Brayshaw Chappo

Does make more sense for Clark to be on the Wing, and Chappo HBF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back