List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

freo99

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm trying to get a handle on the heights in the main photo in this article.

If Amiss is 196cm, and JL is 198cm (not sure if correct) Erasmus must be 193-94cm?

If he's even close to this, discounting the possibility of wearing platform shoes or having him stand on a step to rub salt into the wounds of salty Weagle fans, he's going to be a ******* beast!

I'm not big on playing rookies much in their first season, but he could easily line up on a HFF come round 1.
Thinking the same JL is 196cm according to Wikipedia so Jye must only be 194

ubiquitous226

All Australian
Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Our list is building nicely now.

The biggest gaps for me were the medium/lead up forward, outside class and key position forward.

I think the remaining gaps are a high quality small crumber, and another KPF to develop.
I would have definitely preferred we'd delisted one more and taken Williams for list balance personally, although maybe a better option will be there next year - noting we'll only start trade period with one decent pick.

Dec 6, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
I am ecstatic with that draft haul, right mix of list needs and best available, the rebuild is done now, we’ll not get another haul like this for the next 5 years (hoping longer actually).

Here’s my take on our current list, as you can see we have genuine depth on all lines now and some very exciting prospects for the future as well:

Starting 22
B: Logue, Pearce, Ryan
HB: Clark, Cox, Young
C: Mundy, Fyfe, Tucker
HF: Schultz(r), Treacy(r), Walters
F: Lobb, Taberner, Sturt
Fol: Darcy, Brayshaw, Serong

Bench: Colyer, Aish, Switkowski, Walker

Seconds:
B:, Kelm(b), Hamling, Hughes
HB: Wilson, Chapman, O’Driscoll
C: Worner(r), Brodie, Frederick
HF: Western, Benning, Henry
F: Banfield(r), Amiss, Erasmus
Fol: Meek, Crowden(r), Johnson

Bench: Valente, Acres, Blakely(r)

Out:
Cerra, Hill, Conca, Duman, Giro, Watson(r), Bewley(r), Thomas(b)

In:
Clark, Brodie, Amiss, Erasmus, Johnson, Benning, Kelm(b), Worner(r)

Before you all start jumping up and down about who should be in the starting line up and who should be in the seconds (Peel) let me just say, that’s the point we have real competition for places now, and that will just intensify as the kids we have drafted in the last 3 years develop and press their case for selection.

Happy days and can’t wait for 2022!

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts
Sometimes a non action speaks a lot.

Neale would have cost too much.

Proud of the club this draft and trade period.
It’s as if we learnt from 2018. We have Belly to thank for that. Time he got some recognition.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I am ecstatic with that draft haul, right mix of list needs and best available, the rebuild is done now, we’ll not get another haul like this for the next 5 years (hoping longer actually).

Here’s my take on our current list, as you can see we have genuine depth on all lines now and some very exciting prospects for the future as well:

Starting 22

Seconds:

Out:

In:

Before you all start jumping up and down about who should be in the starting line up and who should be in the seconds (Peel) let me just say, that’s the point we have real competition for places now, and that will just intensify as the kids we have drafted in the last 3 years develop and press their case for selection.

Really good analysis I reckon, and shows a pretty well balanced list.

Jan 23, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Thanks Mora, verbatim of what I heard also - not what Paracleet heard ??? thought I was going nuts….

not his exact words (because I can’t remember) but that’s pretty close to what I heard. His manager was there so warning bells went off for me. Makes sense that he slid a bit. That’s two years in a row Bombers have picked up a kid that “preferred to stay in Victoria”. Dadoro so dodgy … or a genius fine line.

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014

Starting 22

Seconds:

Out:

In:

* if we can keep our best 22 on the field … the Howitzers in Clark and Young off HB could be a deadly duo

Dec 6, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Which of our new players are a realistic chance to debut in 2022? Obviously Brodie and Clark, but what of the draftees... perhaps just the 19yo Worner?
Depending on their preseason form, I reckon all are a chance, Amiss and Benning are both bean poles so I think we’d have to have a couple of injuries for them to get a shot. Erasmus will probably start his career as a medium forward so is really only competing with Sturt and Banfield for a spot in the starting 22. He’d be my best bet for an early debut.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Which of our new players are a realistic chance to debut in 2022? Obviously Brodie and Clark, but what of the draftees... perhaps just the 19yo Worner?
All would be a chance with Erasmus, Johnson and Worner more likely to get a bit more than a token game or two. Amiss and Benning getting games would indicate an injury crisis. Kelm too probably.

They will be competing with Valente and O'Driscoll for debuts and a host of options who have had little more than a taste for meaningful games. Going to be an interesting player management exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back