2021 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do people think we’re going for Heath Shaw? What’s the point?

Would hate to see him play AFL games given our squad of half back flankers

We already have the "eggsperience" via Davo...

And is Heath Shaw the type of leader experience we would want with a young team. Often gives teammates a spray and coming in to play for one year at best in an area of the ground we have the most experience - I don’t even understand why people here are speculating it.

Expecting some kids that slipped through the draft but could be a ruck or key back

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And is Heath Shaw - I don’t even understand why people here are speculating it.
Nicks spoke to Shaw about a move to Adelaide at the end of the season

With the new under 19s comp next year I reckon there will be at least one guy who would have bolted up the draft in a normal year, but missed out altogether. Hope we arent filling up Gibbs spot on the list and blocking access to a talent that has surely slipped though this years draft.

Sounds like we've already selected him, so it won't be a gun that jumps out of nowhere. It's someone that nobody else wants.

Unsure about this. Borlase is the same height and does the same role. I would have thought a small defender to bring i for when Luke Brown finishes up would be the better option?

I see half back potential, like a 192 cm Laird who could kick 50 m.

I'm ok with this pick, if we're thinking Sholl or Hamill are going to on the wing in the future.

Unsure about this. Borlase is the same height and does the same role. I would have thought a small defender to bring i for when Luke Brown finishes up would be the better option?

Reckon McPherson gets Browns spot, eventually.

I see half back potential, like a 192 cm Laird who could kick 50 m.

I'm ok with this pick, if we're thinking Sholl or Hamill are going to on the wing in the future.
Both certainly have the potential to do so.

Very worried about Hamill's concussion issues though.

I think you're a bit carried away with Borlase at this point, he is a good intercepting mark at the lower levels but let's wait and see if that translates to the much faster AFL with James' genuine lack of pace....likely why he was still available to us in the rookie draft.

I think you're a bit carried away with Borlase at this point, he is a good intercepting mark at the lower levels but let's wait and see if that translates to the much faster AFL with James' genuine lack of pace....likely why he was still available to us in the rookie draft.

Maybe so..but how many 193cm intercepting defenders do we need on the list. If the club thought the lad training on was better than Borlase then why not just take him? I will put my neck on the block and I predict Borlase will make it and play plenty of AFL footy. I would have preferred a small defender as a train on as we have very few of these on our list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe so..but how many 193cm intercepting defenders do we need on the list. If the club thought the lad training on was better than Borlase then why not just take him? I will put my neck on the block and I predict Borlase will make it and play plenty of AFL footy. I would have preferred a small defender as a train on as we have very few of these on our list

Don’t be surprised if we try Borlase as a forward.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

We get Borlase for free and without impacting our available list spots in the open draft.

An option we do not have with Murray.

I think we need a small defender too, but would have given Gallucci one more year in this role.

I think we need a small defender too, but would have given Gallucci one more year in this role.
Murphy is the best small defender we have in waiting...he proved that he's way more than capable of playing that role in the SANFL. The only reason he's been swung forward is to add some semblance of defensive pressure to our forward line because even Stengle when he's playing well doesn't provide much in that area of his game.

Looking at Free Agents end of 2021, he’d be gettable and adding in along with Horne tops off our midfield
Zac Merrett- let’s chase him
If I was looking for a FA next year, I'd go Bont, but it would take a stack of $ to get him.

Billings is another who would be "cheaper" and the saints may have some cap space constraints soon. He would give us that outside game we need.

I'd still prefer to go to the draft though. As soon as you go for a RFA, you need to trade, so lose your first pick.

If I was looking for a FA next year, I'd go Bont, but it would take a stack of $ to get him.

Billings is another who would be "cheaper" and the saints may have some cap space constraints soon. He would give us that outside game we need.

I'd still prefer to go to the draft though. As soon as you go for a RFA, you need to trade, so lose your first pick.
If they don’t match we keep our first pick though

Well at present we have one genuine intercepting defender in Doedee, who currently sits in the “injury plagued” basket, for a role which is extremely important in modern day football. Goals are generally scored from 2 key areas, clearance and turnovers. The first part of the turnover is the “intercept”.

There is also the fact we have 1 established key defender on our list, having lost Lever, Hartigan, Otten and Keath in the past 4 seasons and Talia’s probably got 2-3 seasons left tops. We need to be stocking up on young tall defenders and there’s a relatively high fail rate when it comes to young talls so you have to have a relative scatter gun approach, if you end up with too many, you can always trade 1 on.

Ideally, we’d probably be playing Doedee as a “4th tall” type instead of Kelly and playing 3 genuine 190cm+ types, ideally 2 who are mobile and strong interceptors, with one more the shut down type.

Our current KPD stocks:
- Talia
- McAsey
- Worrell
- Butts
- Borlase

Looking at that, I’m quite comfortable with us bringing in another tall defender, especially a more versatile one, such as Murray sounds. Its an area that warrants good depth.

Well at present we have one genuine intercepting defender in Doedee, who currently sits in the “injury plagued” basket, for a role which is extremely important in modern day football. Goals are generally scored from 2 key areas, clearance and turnovers. The first part of the turnover is the “intercept”.

There is also the fact we have 1 established key defender on our list, having lost Lever, Hartigan, Otten and Keath in the past 4 seasons and Talia’s probably got 2-3 seasons left tops. We need to be stocking up on young tall defenders and there’s a relatively high fail rate when it comes to young talls so you have to have a relative scatter gun approach, if you end up with too many, you can always trade 1 on.

Ideally, we’d probably be playing Doedee as a “4th tall” type instead of Kelly and playing 3 genuine 190cm+ types, ideally 2 who are mobile and strong interceptors, with one more the shut down type.

Our current KPD stocks:
- Talia
- McAsey
- Worrell
- Butts
- Borlase

Looking at that, I’m quite comfortable with us bringing in another tall defender, especially a more versatile one, such as Murray sounds. Its an area that warrants good depth.
Ideally we would be playing Worell as a 3rd tall utility type, with Doedee as 4th tall defender.

Cats play a very tall backline which works well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back