2021 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They didn't want him, only 1 club did.

If that was the case, we would have not got rid of Brad for a pick in the 20s, especially as the trade we accepted indicates we truly wanted him gone.

There might have only been one club that got to an advanced point of the negotiations, but there would have been multiple interested.

If that was the case, we would have not got rid of Brad for a pick in the 20s, especially as the trade we accepted indicates we truly wanted him gone.

There might have only been one club that got to an advanced point of the negotiations, but there would have been multiple interested.

People still reckon that because one offer gets lodged then that's all the interest there is. Because that's what Adam Kelly said a few weeks out before he understood the process himself. We don't see the offer until Brad has signed an actual playing contract with his club of choice and the AFL has forwarded us a copy.

The funny bit is the club apologists that are spinning the one offer narrative are the very same that believe the AFL thwarted the trade with Suns last year rubbish. Brad had numerous offers and if we'd matched there were numerous clubs who would have traded for him. The improvement on 23 is arguable as us how many would get close enough to the St Kilda $, but not the amount of clubs interested in his services.

People still reckon that because one offer gets lodged then that's all the interest there is. Because that's what Adam Kelly said a few weeks out before he understood the process himself. We don't see the offer until Brad has signed an actual playing contract with his club of choice and the AFL has forwarded us a copy.

The funny bit is the club apologists that are spinning the one offer narrative are the very same that believe the AFL thwarted the trade with Suns last year rubbish. Brad had numerous offers and if we'd matched there were numerous clubs who would have traded for him. The improvement on 23 is arguable as us how many would get close enough to the St Kilda $, but not the amount of clubs interested in his services.
None of what you say is true, but that's no different to normal.

Merry Christmas

None of them seriously, I can guarantee you that.

Why wouldnt you want your best player and especially if the only return you were going to get was a speculative 20's pick in a compromised draft? Seems like a really fking dumb decision to me to lose him for that..or are we operating a charity?
They offered him just enough that they knew we wouldn't match, because we weren't willing to keep him.

None of them seriously, I can guarantee you that.
HTF can you guarantee any of that?

Are you Brad Crouch or a member of his close family because no way in hell would you be privy to this information....and just as sure as hell you're not privy to his management's information either, nor can you guarantee no other clubs tabled offers, you just don't have privileged information.

I refer you back to my comment above about how we should not be in the business of being a charity..and letting our best player walk away for virtually nothing puts us outside the category of a functioning club
Virtually nothing ?? I'm sorry but that's not quite right.

Whilst I agree we got a rough deal, and we certainly stuffed up there..... The fact is demand for Brad was extremely low.

HTF can you guarantee any of that?

Are you Brad Crouch or a member of his close family because no way in hell would you be privy to this information....and just as sure as hell you're not privy to his management's information either, nor can you guarantee no other clubs tabled offers, you just don't have privileged information.

Because the club said so. hey shorty still believes that Brett Burton will be an elite football manager. Because the club said so and they wouldn't say anything that's not the truth. Why would they, they've no reason to not always be 100% honest.

Because the club said so. hey shorty still believes that Brett Burton will be an elite football manager. Because the club said so and they wouldn't say anything that's not the truth. Why would they, they've no reason to not always be 100% honest.
Give it a rest idiot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Virtually nothing ?? I'm sorry but that's not quite right.

Whilst I agree we got a rough deal, and we certainly stuffed up there..... The fact is demand for Brad was extremely low.
There should have been no deal unless the offer was that big it triggered band 1. ANYTHING else should have resulted in him remaining a crow well into the future. It was a disaster to let him leave for that s**t compo

There should have been no deal unless the offer was that big it triggered band 1. ANYTHING else should have resulted in him remaining a crow well into the future. It was a disaster to let him leave for that sh*t compo
In our opinion It was a disaster signing him to a 4yr deal at 600K.

I can certainly see why that was the case, even if I don't agree with it. We got caught with our pants down thinking the Saints weren't the only ones who had serious interest

I can certainly see why that was the case, even if I don't agree with it. We got caught with our pants down thinking the Saints weren't the only ones who had serious interest
A disaster signing your best player for 4 years at $600k...when best players at other clubs are getting way north of that..so we are running a charity it seems

A disaster signing your best player for 4 years at $600k...when best players at other clubs are getting way north of that..so we are running a charity it seems

This is club spin fed to the adoring masses. We swapped Crouch for Rowe and a 10 spot upgrade. HS believes that's great business. Club says so, so it must be.

This is club spin fed to the adoring masses. We swapped Crouch for Rowe and a 10 spot upgrade. HS believes that's great business. Club says so, so it must be.
Actually no I don't believe that at all.

IMO he wasn't our best player, and he certainly wasn't this year.

Would I have kept him ?? Yeah I would have, despite what the despot known as 1970 would have you believe. At very least I'd have tried to make it look like we wanted to keep him.

We failed big time on that.

$600K pa for our best midfielder is hardly a disaster.

Also, we could have re-signed him & still have the option of trading him in another year if it didn't work out.

Giving him away cheaply for a 2nd rounder is not great business.

I believe we actually got Sam Berry

Rowe was from Atkins

$600K pa for our best midfielder is hardly a disaster.

Also, we could have re-signed him & still have the option of trading him in another year if it didn't work out.

Giving him away cheaply for a 2nd rounder is not great business.
I don't even think he was our best mid.

Even so, 600K for a guy who's IMO our 4th or 5th best player is a bargain. I would have matched, but I can see why we didn't.

You can use any position in the draft as a reference point. Rowe cost us about 10 less spots than what we accepted for Brouch. This is a correct statement. Your's is correct also.
We actually used a pick from next year on Rowey as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back