Keeper Lg. 2021 List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't different to Mason Wood - Mason Wood can't be selected either based on what is written above.

I would have selected Mason Wood if I thought otherwise (and I even emailed Ultimate Footy to find out when he would be added to UF - buggers never replied 😅)

On your other points re McCartin, keeping a player you have already is different to trading in one who has never been on your list - like Gallucci this off season for Zim

If we want clarity, I say make it a simple blanket rule if a player is not on the UF player list, he is not available to keep/trade or draft.
I never delisted mason wood :| just to put a cat among the pigeons

Waterman and any other players in a similar situation will be available after the draft and if they’re listed on UF.

That doesn't actually answer the question. Are they just going to be thrown into the pool and be fair game for first-in? Are they going to be in a mini-draft? And if so, do they count as one of the 5 waivers?

And if other players are added mid-year when there's no chance for all of us to have such a bundle of SSPs, then what? Does it go into another format of waiver/draft priority?

This s**t needs to be decided before we actually progress further, because it matters to some people's strategies.

All of that would fall into the usual waiver line format I suspect. Everyone should have equal access based on the waiver line and that’s where the 5 FA picks come into it. They weren’t available to be selected at the time of the draft and so aren’t in the draft. This shouldn’t impact on your strategy at this point.

All of that would fall into the usual waiver line format I suspect. Everyone should have equal access based on the waiver line and that’s where the 5 FA picks come into it. They weren’t available to be selected at the time of the draft and so aren’t in the draft. This shouldn’t impact on your strategy at this point.

Hardly seems fair that IF someone loses 0-9 in week 1 has to choose between taking the best SPP or the best available performing player in the FA pool.

It should be a separate draft IF we're not including them right now.

I never delisted mason wood :| just to put a cat among the pigeons

If you didn’t delist him and you want him the way Zim wants Galluci then you need to declare it, then whoever you take last in the draft is a placeholder for Wood and they’ll get swapped for Mason Wood if he hits a list. Same as for Galluci and Zim.

Hardly seems fair that IF someone loses 0-9 in week 1 has to choose between taking the best SPP or the best available performing player in the FA pool.

We can debate and work this out after the draft either way. I get both arguments.

So waivers will be open after this draft ends before the season starts. The waiver priority should be based on previous season’s ladder order. This should hopefully be set up so that coaches are limited to one waiver pick up per week like in all seasons.

If they’re is a separate draft for all those supplemental signings just before the season starts, i imagine this would also be based on previous season’s ladder order. Coaches would need to agree it to though.

If you didn’t delist him and you want him the way Zim wants Galluci then you need to declare it, then whoever you take last in the draft is a placeholder for Wood and they’ll get swapped for Mason Wood if he hits a list. Same as for Galluci and Zim.
Yeah right, the spp is dumb....hasn't Mason Wood been on st kildas list since the start of Feb? I don't understand what takes uf so long to update.

Most likely myself, American doggie or deeman will get him. Open to trading him if it's me.

I don’t think this is how it happened when marlion Pickett ect fell in it was a free for all without waiver order

So waivers will be open after this draft ends before the season starts. The waiver priority should be based on previous season’s ladder order. This should hopefully be set up so that coaches are limited to one waiver pick up per week like in all seasons.

If they’re is a separate draft for all those supplemental signings just before the season starts, i imagine this would also be based on previous season’s ladder order. Coaches would need to agree it to though.

So can you just clarify: if the players are added between the end of the draft and the start of the season, they're all locked and separate to the pool of FA? So a mini draft of sorts?

If a coach decides to pick up a player between the draft and the season, then they're added, are waiver orders being reset to match the current ladder or the previous season? This is quite critical early in the year.

And if they're added after round one (we know how slack UF can be), then what? Do they just get added to the FA pool in-season like SPP in previous years? There needs to be a clear system for us to set right now before it gets even messier.

I don’t think this is how it happened when marlion Pickett ect fell in it was a free for all without waiver order
This is exactly my point. It was first-in. Which was completely new at the time. And now the goalposts are shifting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally think this is too much drama over this.

Two options IMO. Only start the draft AFTER lists are final. Gives about a week to draft meaning a drastically reduced clock.

Or players getting added onto lists go into the FA pool. Just like mid season draft players do. The only exception being where the player ended the previous season on a UF list and was not delisted by the coach.

Personally think this is too much drama over this.

Two options IMO. Only start the draft AFTER lists are final. Gives about a week to draft meaning a drastically reduced clock.

Or players getting added onto lists go into the FA pool. Just like mid season draft players do. The only exception being where the player ended the previous season on a UF list and was not delisted by the coach.

Your second option makes the most sense to me and is essentially what we do now.

Bowski you’re up.

Sorry just to confirm I am still right to retain Mason Wood with my last pick? Didn't realise I needed to declare it.

Finally finished my draft. Mixed bag for the Roosters in their first draft in this league.

Cox, Downie, Lazzaro and even Chugg I'm happy with. Reid/McAsey/Jeka are pretty speculative as they may well be good players in time but who knows if they'll ever deliver in a fantasy sense. McAsey in particular was an annoying pick up as I just need a warm body in defence as my numbers are fairly low in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back