Last edited:

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
Very quiet approaching the deadline

Indeed. That's the deadline come and gone. Further delisting will have to wait until after the draft (with relevant FA list rules applied). Further trades will have to wait until the draft begins. American Doggie feel free to announce who you're looking to take with pick 1 anytime from now.

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
All updates are done so lists are representative now of how they will be when the draft starts on Saturday. Please, everyone, check your list is correct on UF as per any trades or delistings you have posted.

American Doggie

Debutant
Feb 28, 2019
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Atlanta Braves, Blue Jackets NHL
Good morning for most of you! It's nearly dinner time in my neck of the woods but I'd like to kickoff the draft.

Much like the real-life Doggies, American Doggie will be taking Jamarra Ugle-Hagan with the #1 overall pick. In Bevo I Trust...to not screw up how he's used and to not disenfranchise him.

tenderwarrior

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2003
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong
Just to confirm, live draft trades can only be picks, or include players? I am in too many leagues, so get confused which has what rules.

I think I recall players being traded during the draft here though if I think about it! Rockford I think you would know 🙂

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
Just to confirm, live draft trades can only be picks, or include players? I am in too many leagues, so get confused which has what rules.

I think I recall players being traded during the draft here though if I think about it! Rockford I think you would know 🙂

Good question, I can't remember off the top of my head. Would need to look at last season's live trades and see if they included players. The key consideration is that the same number of list spots for this season trade hands. If anyone isn't sure what that looks like send me a PM and I'll explain.

tenderwarrior

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2003
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong
Good question, I can't remember off the top of my head. Would need to look at last season's live trades and see if they included players. The key consideration is that the same number of list spots for this season trade hands. If anyone isn't sure what that looks like send me a PM and I'll explain.
I will have a quick search

tenderwarrior

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2003
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong
Live Trade Alert:

American Doggie receives: Martin Gleeson, Sam Mayes and Pick 33

tenderwarrior receives: Ben McEvoy, Pick 43 and Pick 57

American Doggie to confirm

Sep 4, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Newcastle Jets
Fwiw if we are allowing the trading of players, why are we forbidden from making an extra delisting? If the answer is it keeps changing draft picks then it could be picks at the end of the draft?

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
Fwiw if we are allowing the trading of players, why are we forbidden from making an extra delisting? If the answer is it keeps changing draft picks then it could be picks at the end of the draft?

No extra delistings, that's been consistent throughout. Once the draft is finished you can delist whoever you want and pick players up from the FA list with the FA limits in place.

tenderwarrior

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2003
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong
We have always allowed live trading of players and picks since we started live trading. If you want the last pick in the draft you can trade a player for it, no problem 😅

I dont see the correlation between what we are already doing and what you are suggesting..

After the draft you can delist and use one of your 5 FA picks as Rockford suggested.

Sep 4, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Newcastle Jets
We have always allowed live trading of players and picks since we started live trading. If you want the last pick in the draft you can trade a player for it, no problem 😅

I dont see the correlation between what we are already doing and what you are suggesting..

After the draft you can delist and use one of your 5 FA picks as Rockford suggested.
Its just a suggestion. I don't need it. Just saying I don't see the difference in trading a player out or delisting someone after the deadline. Actually don't see the logic in restricting delistings while drafting since we have added live trading and it avoids someone using a FA pick later.

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
Its just a suggestion. I don't need it. Just saying I don't see the difference in trading a player out or delisting someone after the deadline. Actually don't see the logic in restricting delistings while drafting since we have added live trading and it avoids someone using a FA pick later.

It causes a number of issues with respect to managing where the draft pick lands, putting it at the end of the draft is not a viable option when we start having multiple managers doing it. The expectation if we allow for delistings after a deadline without an impact on FA selections is that many managers will delay delistings until the draft, which will totally * us when it comes to running the draft. We have a delisting deadline that is the same for everyone so we're not allowing it on a case by case basis either to keep things as equitable as possible. Further delistings are possible once the draft is finished and the Free Agency rules apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back