List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Dodoro having the last laugh it seems. They have picked up some incredible kids and Parish has gone from ordinary player to superstar ball magnet. After all the doom and gloom about Daniher they have moved on and done better. If they had not dropped that game against Hawthorn in Round 1 they would be in the top 8 or so.
They sit 10th having beaten one side above them who had about 3 in game injuries against them. When they start beating decent sides I’ll jump on the bandwagon

Be ruthless.
If you are not in the plans for next year, then move on immediately to the VFL.
Play the AFL listed players in the VFL that are regularly in the best.
Love to see Carroll and Honey get a a good block of games.
Stocker straight in the middle.
If the year is finished, then lets start working on tomorrow now.
The old 'if your not part of the solution, you are part of the problem'.
:)

They sit 10th having beaten one side above them who had about 3 in game injuries against them. When they start beating decent sides I’ll jump on the bandwagon

Spot on, let them get pumped up they are in exactly the same spot they have been for the past 10 years.. no mans land.. it hurts that they are above us but the praise they are getting g for finishing 9th or 10th is ridiculous, they are not a young side.

hang on before we clean out the pantry and pay a million perhaps non existent bucks

Season 2021 Totals/Averages​
GMKHBDMGGABTHOFFFACLCGI50R50AF *SC *
Total10128922205029424011932304514814870
Average1012.89.222.05.00.20.90.42.401.10.93.23.04.51.481.487.0
similar stats to Dow

Im not sure if you’re joking or not.

We’ve beaten both Essendon and Hawthorn this year -pity we don’t have them again in the back half of this season.

Be ruthless.
If you are not in the plans for next year, then move on immediately to the VFL.
Play the AFL listed players in the VFL that are regularly in the best.
Love to see Carroll and Honey get a a good block of games.
Stocker straight in the middle.
If the year is finished, then lets start working on tomorrow now.
The old 'if your not part of the solution, you are part of the problem'.
:)
Yup in 2 or 3 games time I think they’ll have to revert to your suggestions and agree with you , what we’ll in the meantime are the last gasps of our woes.

Exactly. I watch them most weeks as the other half is a fan:sick:. They have improved a bit but not that much. Got lucky that the 17th placed hawks blew a lot of easy shots at goal early, then lucky again to be dragged over the line by a huge performance by Stringer. They'll fall over soon.

yep this exactly right, he has had to be sacrificed in order to give Dow, Setterfield, Kennedy midfield minutes.. however just like Murphy he is too 1 dimensional as a footballer and is giving us nothing in what ever role is trying to play.

Should we revert back to putting him in the midfield, IMO I don’t think so, we need to continue giving the younger guys a go in the guts.. But where does that leave Ed.. is it in the 2s?
Pressure forward

Interestingly Ross Lyon saying we should target Cerra and use SPS and Fisher as part of trade.

Trying to improve our list for when he takes over😳

Midfield might look different with Cripps, Walsh, Cerra, Stocker, Carroll.

SpS is just as good as Cerra, it's just that we as a club don't get it.
Throw in Carroll (god help us) or Fisher and we might as well shut the place down.
NFI

Last years draft has really stuffed us i believe in the sense we absolutely should not have given up pick 8 for Saad. We should of taken the best midfielder available with Williams coming in anyway we already had Docherty and Williamson as running HBFs now we have 4, 3 of those dont really defend greatly so we've sacrificed defence for speed while our midfield is a 2 man show (Cripps and Walsh)

We should of taken Bruhn or Perkins with 8 and we got Carroll which was a great pick up.

We also have no KPD depth coming through, so we will probably pull the trigger early at the draft again, at the cost of the midfield.

Dow and Obrien picks have hurt us along with our lack of later draft picks.

The pressure on nailing this draft is phenomenal.
Yep, though I would have spit the pick for two chances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who are our top 10 players that we can build around?

1. Walsh
2. Mckay
3. Weitering
4. Cripps

I really struggle to see who comes next. 3 guys who struggle with consistency

5. Saad
6. Martin
7. Williams

Then guys either well below their best or role players at best

8. Doc
9. Ed
10. Jones

Nobody is developing well enough to mean the latter 3 aren't top 10. Nobody is developing well enough to force consistency out of 5-7th. Theres young talent that comes in but doesn't push into the upper echelons for a range of reasons. This club is very broken. So many problems to fix. A 66 game rebuild after 7 years of list neglect might have been far too ambitious. This is a 10 year reset of a club
Correct; and two of the last three are 30 years of age or older. We tried to rush the rebuild by trading for players with too much baggage from other clubs and then started to draft kids based on immediate needs rather than projected ones. To top that off we began to overpay for mediocre role players. People toss it off by saying that it's all abot failed development, only evaluating (optimistically) what we have rather than what we've potentially missed out on. The logic being if it's not all of one thing (our list) it must be all of another (development).

Last edited:
Disappointing to see McGovern missing another month - our forward line has hardly had its best ‘on-paper’ set-up. Almost the year written-off for him.

He looked really potent against Essendon.

Broken record, but he really needs to get his body right for next year. Never mind his marking; he’s probably our best field kick and it would be a shame not to have that weapon running around.

Disappointing to see McGovern missing another month - our forward line has hardly had its best ‘on-paper’ set-up. Almost the year written-off for him.

He looked really potent against Essendon.

Broken record, but he really needs to get his body right for next year. Never mind his marking; he’s probably our best field kick and it would be a shame not to have that weapon running around.

The trade hasn’t worked out, but MM has some serious upside, lightning quick for any player, let only one with a big frame like him, launches at the footy, has those freakish flashily traits, has the good fundamentals and the footy IQ to go with it, he could be a gun forward, that gets very favourable match up most weeks, on paper Harry Charlie McGovern sounds great, all talls that have good agility and marking power add Martin Cripps Cunners Fisher Betts Owies TDK and our forward line should be a strength, problem is obviously not talent, it’s durability, if what the club and most supporters view as our best forward line have ever even played together it would be on very few occasions, one would hope that the stars will align and preferably some day soon, talent is certainly not the issue at our club.

Splitting the pick was the obvious move, but who says that we would have been able to?
Who knows, but I simply meant that there were arguably two players available in the draft who would be worth more to us combined than a single high pick or Saad. It would have been easier than you think (especially on draft day) if we weren't hinging on a deal and worried * would bail out entirely.

As much as he has given us, Ed is a real problem.. He is a lock down midfielder or bust.. he isn’t good enough to play any other role and I feel we have been trying to ‘find’ him a role to keep him in the side, but it’s failing miserably to the detriment of the team.
Ed is a tagger/ inside midfielder or bust. He can tag as well as everyone in the competition and is the most underrated extractor in the comp, but he’s he is midfield or VFL. Stupid putting him elsewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back