List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Loving the way this trade and draft period are setting up from the intrigue angle, at least. Article dropped tonight allowing rookies to do a 4th year creates a new dynamic which should benefit us. We will still likely have to part with two or likely more of our current rookies.

Rumours of Cerra and Hewett create a new list dynamic. Cerra inside or out ( as is Walsh) curtails the need for Newnes and Cottrell. Hoping LOB grabs his belated opportunity with both hands to grab one wing (Lefties Willo and developing Carroll and Ramsay are plenty of back up with Philp, Doc and a couple of others in the mix). If Hewett arrives it pretty much retires Ed Curnow what I believe is a year early. Just failing to see the path with the talls. Raw and seemingly limited 3rd talls like Parks not the answer for mine.

A trade for Cerra almost certainly includes SPS or Fisher, which alleviates a bit of salary cap pressure. The key position or what Arr0w calls spine players will need review if we use draft capital for Cerra. Perhaps we can shake a tall out of Freo on the merry go round (Cox?) The thing is also that it is a midfielders draft. Currently only Gibcus and Andrew(MELB NGA) in most top 20 phantoms. Mature Schlensog moving in front of the previously touted WA talls in many discussions. Will we gamble on TDK, Pitto and Mirkov getting a better injury run (with JSOS and OMac providing cover)? It would be a dream to find a mature Fwd/ruck to partner young TDK, but the better ones would cost too much.

Plenty of supporters would squawk, but do we rely on Kemp and hopefully Marchbank returning for defensive cover, again with hopefully a fit Oscar Mac being the “banker”. NGA Dom Akuei and perhaps young Father/son Dane Whitnall as project types may be the best we can find in this draft. The WA talls bar Amiss all seem to come with reservations so may be a reach unless they can get the underage championships away in some form. Is former Cats Cat B kid Schlensog a viable option to cover both ends? The last thing I want to do is grab a C grade journeyman for cover with list spots becoming so tight.

How does our coaching conundrum affect the list positions? The delisting usually are promptat season’s end. Surely if, as most feel likely, we replace Teague, surely the incoming guy will want a big say in a number of rather contentious decisions. It is hard to see some of the out of favour boys hanging around if they have genuine offers elsewhere.

Cerra was immense today against Richmond and stood up to their intense pressure. Brayshaw better but not available. Cerra will only get better and is still just 21 - is definitely worth the $600-700K and our first rounder.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
So you’re happy to keep looking money wise for big bucks than to draft and develop our own? Ps (other clubs do this really well )
This is now A fan base syndrome we have developed over the years.
oh were s**t
Quick let’s get this guy
But it’s too much
Who cares ! Let’s get him here !

So you’re happy to keep looking money wise for big bucks than to draft and develop our own? Ps (other clubs do this really well )
This is now A fan base syndrome we have developed over the years.
oh were sh*t
Quick let’s get this guy
But it’s too much
Who cares ! Let’s get him here !

And usually, if they’re gettable, there’s something NQR. See: Marchbank, Martin, Saad, McGovern, Williams…. Etc.

I don’t know how so many have been saying SPS should be playing midfield but now we are worried we might not have room for Cerra.
Worse case one of Dow, Kennedy or Stocker don’t become premiership level mids and then we have room for Cerra. Best case they establish themselves and Cerra and Walsh can split midfield/wing time 50/50 and that’s a pretty bloody amazing place to be.

If zac williams retired tomorrow I'd be ok with it.........
Nah mate.

Not to mention a free agent retiring early is pretty much worse case scenario as you're stuck with the contract coming out of the cap.

When Franklin left the Hawks on that nine year deal worth slightly over $10 million, the AFL warned the Swans of the risks and made plain that, as a restricted free agent, his contract would stay in their salary cap, as specified, even if he couldn't go the distance.

Why Buddy Franklin is almost untradeable (theage.com.au)

anyone else think we are bit light on for talls? Those that can play either end and/or break glass ruck options?

Jarrod Brander - apart from everybody chasing him would be very good.
Interested in Emerson Jeka, 197cm ish lightly framed but reminds me of Liam Jones in terms of laconic movement. Bit of a project but is going well at Box Hill.

Anyone else we can think of?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anyone else think we are bit light on for talls? Those that can play either end and/or break glass ruck options?

Interested in Emerson Jeka, 197cm ish lightly framed but reminds me of Liam Jones in terms of laconic movement. Bit of a project but is going well at Box Hill.

Arr0w seems to have a list. Riccardi, Ballenden, Chol, Young, Ladhams, Leinert, etc

The Philp+Kemp over Weightman/Pickett decision could be one we look on in 3-5 years as the what the fu** moment.

Fingers crossed it's the other teams thinking WTF did we do letting Kemp slide all the way to pick 17? :p

Mentioned Brander from last year, was really impressed with the kid from his junior days and continues to progress well. Can play anywhere for his height

Jeka was highly touted as a 17 year old and stagnated a little, but really love his agression. A Patton type with more agility, solid forward/ruck option

Depending on cost, would be happy with either/both

I don’t know how so many have been saying SPS should be playing midfield but now we are worried we might not have room for Cerra.
Worse case one of Dow, Kennedy or Stocker don’t become premiership level mids and then we have room for Cerra. Best case they establish themselves and Cerra and Walsh can split midfield/wing time 50/50 and that’s a pretty bloody amazing place to be.
I was in the camp that Stocker must play midfield. I would still like to see him given the opportunity, however he is making a big case to stay in defence. The big change would be to play him as a genuine rebounder rather than being deployed as a lock down type. Williams struggling to play full time mid has stymied Stock. Saad and Stocker off half back rather than Williams, Docherty or Newman would be quite spectacular. For mine Williams can be deployed as a winger if he improves his tank or even as a small forward weapon. We lament the lack of kicking penetration of Owies, Fogarty and Eddie, Zac would provide much more of a threat. Let’s not get carried away with trying to extract theoretical bang for buck by shoehorning in to the midfield. It is all about the list we have being deployed at its optimum.

Imagine Stocker, Cerra and O’Brien feeding our forwards with their immaculate disposal (yes I know there would be the odd Clanger)

Nah mate.

Not to mention a free agent retiring early is pretty much worse case scenario as you're stuck with the contract coming out of the cap.

When Franklin left the Hawks on that nine year deal worth slightly over $10 million, the AFL warned the Swans of the risks and made plain that, as a restricted free agent, his contract would stay in their salary cap, as specified, even if he couldn't go the distance.

Why Buddy Franklin is almost untradeable (theage.com.au)
You've completely missed my point, 4randomcapitals.

The Philp+Kemp over Weightman/Pickett decision could be one we look on in 3-5 years as the what the fu** moment.

I thought we went a little early with Philp, but if he gets his body right, will be a solid player. Kemp was a no brainer, will be a steal.

Always liked Pickett, but I wouldn't of gone that early and I just don't rate Weightman long term

Best to reassess these kids in 2 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back