List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Do they have to cut list size this year?
Think they had concession of 50 last year including rookies?

Honestly - no idea. I haven't been able to find anything definitive, so I reckon it's probably on the AFL agenda (or at least, communicated to GC but not made public).

I did find a change to the Rookie rules though, apparently rookies in their third season on the rookie list in 2021 can be retained as rookies in 2022. Previously it was promote or delist after 3 years on the rookie list.

Would we be interested in any depth players from Melbourne who missed out on the GF to cover a role for us ? E.G
Jayden Hunt
Jake melksham
Joel Smith 3rd tall?

You don't think we need a forward/ruck to team up with TDK?

We need a Ruck/Forward, a KPD (Jones in waiting), more mids that have pace for transitional play.

Would we be interested in any depth players from Melbourne who missed out on the GF to cover a role for us ? E.G
Jayden Hunt
Jake melksham
Joel Smith 3rd tall?
A very clued on Melbourne supporting mate of mine has been saying all year we should pick up Joel Smith.

Unable to crack that stacked defence but apparently has plenty of ability.

Can’t say I’ve ever really seen him play myself, but this guy is a very good judge (and thinks Smith would go for token pick or even as a DFA).

A very clued on Melbourne supporting mate of mine has been saying all year we should pick up Joel Smith.

Unable to crack that stacked defence but apparently has plenty of ability.

Can’t say I’ve ever really seen him play myself, but this guy is a very good judge (and thinks Smith would go for token pick or even as a DFA).

Tough, can play tall and small

Was hoping we could have had a crack at Petty last year, no hope now

You don't think we need a forward/ruck to team up with TDK?
Not a depth one! A youngster through the draft or one acquired through judicious trading. I am by no means strongly advocating the idea of trade for such. Spitballing the candidates out there as I have said recently I see possibly Swans with a tight salary cap or Magpies facing a draft points deficit for Daicos and possibly wanting NGA lad Dib as well as being possibly open to a creative trade. That equates to Haydn McLean (who may have re-signed), Joel Amartey or the more mature Darcy Cameron who is very much under rated now he has sorted his athleticism.

I only want best 22 prospects. As for a forward/ruck being needed, I think the club rates Pittonet a lot higher than some on here do. To quote one B.Bolton, he has “endured” as the ruck staple while carrying injuries when Levi was restricted or unavailable and TDK was injured. He is a warrior and as such a very valuable asset, at least until TDK is fully developed. With Harry, Charlie, McGovern, JSOS and the rucks (possibly TDK 60/40) working up forward, and Kemp seemingly capable, I am not sure it is high on the priority list.

Not a depth one! A youngster through the draft or one acquired through judicious trading. I am by no means strongly advocating the idea of trade for such. Spitballing the candidates out there as I have said recently I see possibly Swans with a tight salary cap or Magpies facing a draft points deficit for Daicos and possibly wanting NGA lad Dib as well as being possibly open to a creative trade. That equates to Haydn McLean (who may have re-signed), Joel Amartey or the more mature Darcy Cameron who is very much under rated now he has sorted his athleticism.

I only want best 22 prospects. As for a forward/ruck being needed, I think the club rates Pittonet a lot higher than some on here do. To quote one B.Bolton, he has “endured” as the ruck staple while carrying injuries when Levi was restricted or unavailable and TDK was injured. He is a warrior and as such a very valuable asset, at least until TDK is fully developed. With Harry, Charlie, McGovern, JSOS and the rucks (possibly TDK 60/40) working up forward, and Kemp seemingly capable, I am not sure it is high on the priority list.

Perhaps I rate talls more than most.

I then look at the top 8 sides and all have a number of options

Demons - Brown, Gawn, Jackson, McDonald, all of which can do some ruck work, s**t, they even had Daw as a backup

I love Pitto's workrate, but I think he is merely break glass and mostly inept forward.

Haven't seen enough of Mirkov's forward craft, but his tap work is underrated.

I would hope H did more chopout, if he did, well, perhaps we have enough

I don't want us to use JSOS as a chopout staple, won't end well again the better sides

Maybe McDonald will be retained and used as that 2nd string KPF/ruck back up

Perhaps a swing KPP, might suit us better.

Lots of unknowns, but I still believe we are too thin

Have to agree, definitely were far too thin going into the season with just Pitto and De Koning as the only rucks (Casboult/McDonald/Silvangi as backup), especially given injury was destine to occur. I'm not sure what we were thinking tbh, I guess we tried to correct that when we brought in Mirkov midseason (though he ended up injured himself). Will be interesting if we retain McDonald, though given Casboult is gone, surely he is more likely to stay on the list? Though would still seem that we do probably need another someone that can pitch ruck or is a KPP.

It’s sort of a funny situation with McKay becoming a top forward we have possibly become less balanced then we once hoped with us not wanting him to chop out in the ruck.

Demons - Brown, Gawn, Jackson, McDonald, all of which can do some ruck work, sh*t, they even had Daw as a backup

I love Pitto's workrate, but I think he is merely break glass and mostly inept forward.

I don't want us to use JSOS as a chopout staple, won't end well again the better sides

I actually don’t mind the JSOS ruck chop out used judiciously. Unfortunately TDK not ready for 85 - 90% ruck time. If TDK out of action would be happy for JSOS to carry the can.

JSOS has been somewhat hard done by in the opportunity stakes. A blinder tagging Fyfe, then stuff all opportunity until the ruck necessity. The bloke is very capable around the ground. Ruck minutes against the right opposition gives him the opportunity to shine. Not a bad thing in moderation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s sort of a funny situation with McKay becoming a top forward we have possibly become less balanced then we once hoped with us not wanting him to chop out in the ruck.
Begs the question, will we play Harry out of the square next year? Coleman Medal or not, it could be argued prime Charlie is better out of the square, or at least as dangerous. Clearly Charlie was played higher this year for his games as Harry was in the running for the Coleman. Not necessarily cast in stone that will continue. Harry can offer heaps further up the ground. Harry can definitely offer a ruck chop out forward in the Hawkins mould. Probably not advisable to have him in the centre square though.

Begs the question, will we play Harry out of the square next year? Coleman Medal or not, it could be argued prime Charlie is better out of the square, or at least as dangerous. Clearly Charlie was played higher this year for his games as Harry was in the running for the Coleman. Not necessarily cast in stone that will continue. Harry can offer heaps further up the ground. Harry can definitely offer a ruck chop out forward in the Hawkins mould. Probably not advisable to have him in the centre square though.
Harry is almost unstoppable one-on-one, better than Charlie, so I really doubt Voss is going to change one of the few things that did work well for us this season.

I would rather McGovern, Jack, Oscar or any other tall we can get our hands on in the off season as a chop out ruck rather than taking Harry away from the goal square.

Demons - Brown, Gawn, Jackson, McDonald, all of which can do some ruck work, sh*t, they even had Daw as a backup

I see a scenario where Pittonet, TDK and JSOS kind of all work in tandem together in the 22. Pittonet for me can be the starting ruck and TDK as the third forward. Then Pittonet rests on the bench, TDK rucks, JSOS can play third tall forward when TDK /Pittonet are rucking and resting.

I dont see TDK as the number 1 ruck yet, I dont think he's ready IMO.

I can also see a scenario where its Ladhams and TDK sharing the ruck duties and Pittonet merely backup to both and third ruck.

I see a scenario where Pittonet, TDK and JSOS kind of all work in tandem together in the 22. Pittonet for me can be the starting ruck and TDK as the third forward. Then Pittonet rests on the bench, TDK rucks, JSOS can play third tall forward when TDK /Pittonet are rucking and resting.

I dont see TDK as the number 1 ruck yet, I dont think he's ready IMO.

I can also see a scenario where its Ladhams and TDK sharing the ruck duties and Pittonet merely backup to both and third ruck.

Rumour has it, that interchanges will be reduced again, so I hope we don't go in with Pitto as the 2nd ruck

Rumour has it, that interchanges will be reduced again, so I hope we don't go in with Pitto as the 2nd ruck
Haven't really heard much about possibility of decrease in interchange rotations. Not doubting you, but has this been reported anywhere? Won't this have an impact on drafting (seems to lead even more so to the highly aerobic players)? Surely clubs would want to know about this before the draft, and even before trade period? And I wonder if medi-sub will be retained - I think it could get more of a workout with reduced rotations....

Think I was wrong and others were right...

Had Brander picked as a CHB or a KPP...
Majority of West Coast supporters (ex Pioneers ITKs) don't think his a KPP either..
He has the height, speed, talent, but not the mongrel to compete...

Seems his best position is a tall outside winger...
Which is ok and a position we could use, if the price is right..

Sounds like another gorringe/everitt proposition

Stay. 3rd tall defender.
I think Gov would be really effective in this role.

With Voss on board all roles will be reassessed including the “untouchables” , Plow amongst them. At Port he would have noticed Gray getting hold of him a bit too often. Can easily see Willo and Plow being in competition for the 7th defender on the bench. Kemp could also be in this battle, but hoping he’ll be battling for a winger/mid spot not the 3rd tall back role.

I like the idea of McGovern being a 3rd tall defender but also torn as the prospect of McGovern, Curnow and Harry in the forward line is hard to pass up.

If McGovern is to stay forward I wouldn't mind us trying to get McKenzie out of Port. He is in and out of the team and can play both tall and small. A Plowman upgrade and more depth. If we could rely on Marchbank it wouldn't be an issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back