List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Shai Bolton is OOC and his manager, Ralph Carr has said he will think about his contract at the end of the season.

Will cost a fair bit but he's still somewhat underrated compared to the, what I would consider, elite impact he's having on games.

At that age where a big money offer would attract him and he's still 22, meaning we potentially haven't seen his best.

Any idea if our list manager has a good rapport with Richmond players?

Shai Bolton is OOC and his manager, Ralph Carr has said he will think about his contract at the end of the season.

Will cost a fair bit but he's still somewhat underrated compared to the, what I would consider, elite impact he's having on games.

At that age where a big money offer would attract him and he's still 22, meaning we potentially haven't seen his best.

Any idea if our list manager has a good rapport with Richmond players?
Agreed. I guess there's a chance if Austin was there from 2012-18. He might have even picked (or had a big part in picking) Bolton.

I do really like that age profile for targets, like you said, the best is potentially yet to come.

G'day Blues fans,

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, but I'm wondering if anyone knows when Zavier Maher will be ready to play in the Carlton VFL side?

Given he hadn’t made the side in the first two rounds and we’ve just gotten another 4-5 players back from injury this week, I’d say it’s unlikely that he gets a game soon.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Given he hadn’t made the side in the first two rounds and we’ve just gotten another 4-5 players back from injury this week, I’d say it’s unlikely that he gets a game soon.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He’s playing NAB League until they have a break for players to disperse for ~4 weeks IIRC and then he’s across to us for VFL duties, if selected.

He’s playing NAB League until they have a break for players to disperse for ~4 weeks IIRC and then he’s across to us for VFL duties, if selected.
He hasn't played a game due to injury I don't think.

Which is why I asked if anyone might know how he was tracking.

He was probably the most surprising not to get drafted so I'd love to see him get a crack before the MSD

He hasn't played a game due to injury I don't think.

Which is why I asked if anyone might know how he was tracking.

He was probably the most surprising not to get drafted so I'd love to see him get a crack before the MSD

Seems you’re right re: Bushrangers season = due back around now. “Charlie’s Byrne‘s going to be heavily involved with the Essendon VFL program and Zavier Maher is heavily involved in the Carlton VFL program, so we don’t expect to see too much of those boys,” Wilson said. “Unfortunately ‘Zav’ is going to miss the first couple of games because he’s just had some knee surgery to fix a minor meniscal problem. But we’ll hopefully see a couple of games, hopefully Round 4 or 5 from him. Both those players have lots of draftable traits and they can keep improving on the areas they need to”.

Seems you’re right re: Bushrangers season = due back around now. “Charlie’s Byrne‘s going to be heavily involved with the Essendon VFL program and Zavier Maher is heavily involved in the Carlton VFL program, so we don’t expect to see too much of those boys,” Wilson said. “Unfortunately ‘Zav’ is going to miss the first couple of games because he’s just had some knee surgery to fix a minor meniscal problem. But we’ll hopefully see a couple of games, hopefully Round 4 or 5 from him. Both those players have lots of draftable traits and they can keep improving on the areas they need to”.
Thanks, appreciate the reply!

You’d imagine it was incentive based so maybe if he kicks like 50 per year for the duration of the contract then he would get the full amount. I’d assume it would be around the 500 mark now

You couldn’t have incentive based deals that varied so much, every club has to meet a salary cap minimum spend, I think it’s 97%, if its as you said, you could have two players ruled out for the season and you would be in breach of the cap.

Whilst I agree there would be incentives in these deals, I wouldn’t be think it would be much, if the figures are true or are close, the club took a risk and it didn’t come off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You couldn’t have incentive based deals that varied so much, every club has to meet a salary cap minimum spend, I think it’s 97%, if its as you said, you could have two players ruled out for the season and you would be in breach of the cap.

Whilst I agree there would be incentives in these deals, I wouldn’t be think it would be much, if the figures are true or are close, the club took a risk and it didn’t come off.
You just bring some players payments forward in that case to have more in the cap the following year or two.

No one is going to have an issue with that.

I wouldn't complain about getting say 100k a year or two early.

Put it straight into your mortgage and you are even better off in the long run.

The salary cap is in the millions so the variance wouldn’t affect the total sum as much as you’d think if you get what I mean.

You just bring some players payments forward in that case to have more in the cap the following year or two.

No one is going to have an issue with that.

I wouldn't complain about getting say 100k a year or two early.

Put it straight into your mortgage and you are even better off in the long run.
You're both forgetting match payments, which he isn't earning, and someone else is. Same thing with performance payments.

The salary cap is in the millions so the variance wouldn’t affect the total sum as much as you’d think if you get what I mean.

The salary cap is around $12-13M or it was, I understand that lots of contracts have incentives, I just don’t think the example given would be right or close at all, $300,000 in incentives isn’t feasible, not only for meeting the cap floor if 2 or 3 go down injured but the opposite direction as well, if the amount of players who triggered their incentives was more than usual.

If two players had such large triggers and both missed them, your cap falls by 5%, the minimum spend is 97%.

As I said, not a big deal if the triggers are $50-$100,000 but $300,000, I don’t think it’s true.

You're both forgetting match payments, which he isn't earning, and someone else is. Same thing with performance payments.

Do you know how much the match payments are? Or do they vary from player to player? If match payments are the same across the board, it’s easy to include them in the cap as the amount paid is the same each yearregardless.

Im only disagreeing with the size of the incentive payments here (speculating of course) that you can’t have a 37% upwards or downwards swing on certain players contracts, when the salary cap minimum spend is 97% and you can only go over by a small amount.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back