List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

Do you think he is, starting to angle towards wanting to become Carlton senior coach?

Senior Coach - Ross Lyon
Backline Coach - SOS

Geez hope not :eekv1:

Perhaps Ross is looking for a new gig at Carlton !!! Talking up the stocks is a good start

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Actually been thinking about it for a bit, I'm kind of warming to the idea.
Imagine what a true senior coach could do to our defensive and midfield structures and ball movement

Lyon started his coaching career here and was our VFL coach as well wasn't he?

Kind of feel dirty thinking about it, like I've cheated on Teague :eekv1:

Last edited:

BluesTragic

All Australian
Sep 12, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Actually been thinking about it for a bit, I'm kind of warming to the idea.
Imagine what a true senior coach could do to our defensive and midfield structures and ball movement

Lyon started his coaching career here and was our VFL coach as well wasn't he?

Kind of feel dirty thinking about it, like I've cheated on Teague :eekv1:

Don’t feel dirty about it....he would certainly separate the men from the wannabe men !

thebluenewdeal

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
The salary cap is around $12-13M or it was, I understand that lots of contracts have incentives, I just don’t think the example given would be right or close at all, $300,000 in incentives isn’t feasible, not only for meeting the cap floor if 2 or 3 go down injured but the opposite direction as well, if the amount of players who triggered their incentives was more than usual.

If two players had such large triggers and both missed them, your cap falls by 5%, the minimum spend is 97%.

As I said, not a big deal if the triggers are $50-$100,000 but $300,000, I don’t think it’s true.
That’s fair enough man but we’re arguing semantics. My point is that deal of $3.2 mil for 5 years would include the incentives especially for a big forward coming off a career year and it’s not that risky of a deal if you take that into consideration. He’s still young and if he’s half the player we thought he would be then it’s still a very good deal.

Ross Lyon as coach 🤮🤮🤮

Coached 305 games for a 57% win rate
In order, only behind this century - C. Scott, Simpson, Thompson, Longmire, Clarkson, Hinkley, Hardwick & Sheedy

Grand finals at 2 different clubs.

Pretty good resume for mine..

Is he better fit for Carlton? Not sure, Only the board knows

thebluenewdeal

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
In order, only behind this century - C. Scott, Simpson, Thompson, Longmire, Clarkson, Hinkley, Hardwick & Sheedy

I feel like the club is gearing up for him to take over at the end of the year. He’s been so brash about our football club in the media like someone is giving him info on what’s going on at the club and with Brad Lloyd at the helm, things seem fishy. Just a theory. Matthew Lloyd and Ross on FC just seemed way too confident to me. A lot of this feels 2012 to me and I am suffering from PTSD after that fallout.

have you seen what he does to a football side? points for "it can't be any worse than what we have now" extra points for "I'm happy to win a gf kicking 3 goals"

May 1, 2002
AFL Club
Carlton
Perhaps Ross is looking for a new gig at Carlton !!! Talking up the stocks is a good start

Should have been signed up in the Worsfold role. With Worsfold already unofficially working with Teague, we should have introduced fresh faces and thoughts.
This one sits completely with the football manager - NFI.

Heres Waite

Cancelled
Aug 16, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
I guess you’re right...Malthouse, Bolton and Teague....there’s nothing left for Lyon to destroy. Hence he’d be no good for us

Britain, Pagan, Ratten, Malthouse, Bolton, and now your suggesting getting rid of Teague too? Maybe the changing the coach every few years cycle is the real problem?

Back