List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure where else to put this but with all the angst of the the last couple of weeks, the weekend reminded us of a few things.

1. Between Harry, TDK and Weiterimg, our talls are set for a decade. Little bit more depth would be nice but the important work has been done. Often the hardest piece of the list puzzle.

2. We have 2 AA quality which I think you need to win a flag. Again, just need a bit more depth in that B grade category

3. Overall, we have built a fair bit of depth. There are some quality players in the 2s or injured. A few possibles when it comes to improving midfielders 3-6. It’s a big change for 3 years ago.

4. Pies aside, we’re beating the teams we should. Other 3 losses are against top 6 sides, albeit some disappointing aspects of those losses.

Some clear improvement required, particularly in terms of consistency of pressure and fwd/defensive structures but were going ok.

Nothing has changed fo me

We need 3 spine players, bare minimum

KPD, KPP swingman, Ruck/Forward

Spine

Weits
Jones ( Replacement KPD)
TDK
Levi (Replacement Ruck/Forward)
Harry

Cover: OMac
Break glass: Pitto
Development KPP Swingman ( Who can also do a ruck chopout)

That's a minimum

Totally agree..
In the MSD think we should be seriously looking at (if he lasts to our pick)

Matthew Hammelmann - Aspley VFL (Former Brisbane Rookie)
25 yo
198 cm Defender at Brisbane, Delisted 2017

Went to NEAFL (Redlands), played in his drafted KPF role
2018-2019 - 126 Goals - 3.5 average per game - NEAFL leading goal kicker
VFL Aspley
2021 - 16 Goals - 5.3 average per game

Write Up

A beautiful kick of the football and strong in the air, former Brisbane Lion Matt Hammelmann's inclusion was a huge boon for the club last year. He booted 60 goals to win the NEAFL Leading Goalkicker Award, including a nine-goal haul against NT Thunder. Boasting strong hands on the lead and overhead unmatched athleticism.

Think he was really skinny at Brisbane and sooked about being used as a defender is the reasons he got delisted..
Looks like he may have matured

Don't disagree, I guess you're talking about Cuningham and SPS?

Dow and Setterfield are real worries.
The bottom two need to show more very quickly
Setterfield showed so much in the middle last year. Maybe he will continue to show more this year if he is played where he proved he could be an absolute gun, a contested midfielder, not a wing man.

Have watched the past two Carlton VFL matches and have loved the look of Ben Crocker. Has kicked two bags in a row. He is only 24 and reminds me a lot of Tim Membrey from the saints and could play as a medium 3rd forward in the senior team. Looks quick on the lead and can take a strong mark. . Could do a lot worse than drafting him in the mid season draft. I reckon someone will if we don't.

Have watched the past two Carlton VFL matches and have loved the look of Ben Crocker. Has kicked two bags in a row. He is only 24 and reminds me a lot of Tim Membrey from the saints and could play as a medium 3rd forward in the senior team. Looks quick on the lead and can take a strong mark. . Could do a lot worse than drafting him in the mid season draft. I reckon someone will if we don't.
Collingwood?:p

Nothing has changed fo me

We need 3 spine players, bare minimum

KPD, KPP swingman, Ruck/Forward

Spine

Weits
Jones ( Replacement KPD)
TDK
Levi (Replacement Ruck/Forward)
Harry

Cover: OMac
Break glass: Pitto
Development KPP Swingman ( Who can also do a ruck chopout)

That's a minimum
There's a kid ( H. Mclean) out of contract at the swans who looks a player has good hands and a excellent kick for goal who would be a perfect replacement for Levi.

Anyone know how Jack Carroll has been going in the VFL?

Went well in practice matches but has missed the real stuff due to a broken finger. Due back any time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zac Williams injured again, this has the potential to go down as the worst contract ever handed out to a Carlton player, 750/800 thousand for 6 years to an injury prone overweight unaccountable average half back who will never have the fitness to play permanently midfield.

Then on top of this over paying by giving up a top 10 pick for Saad even though he is a quality player that price is ridiculous compared to what other half backs have been traded for in the past.

It reeked of desperation on behalf of Liddle and the new list management team at the time to be seen as doing something after giving sos the flick and is looking worse and worse with every game that’s played.
Zac Williams not playing-no loss. Another GWS recruiting failure. What is sad is watching how GWS has been playing. Injury has decimated their squad, but the heart and their determination their squad has shown has won me over. Every player that has left them, seems to have left their determination, effort and heart in the GWS lockers.

Saad-average performance but hurt the scum every time he got the ball. Still has to do more, and should be tried on the wing where he can go deep into the forward line.

McGovern-whoever selected him has made a huge blunder. Not sure what they saw, but he is just not upto AFL standard. One piece of play Riewoldt highlighted should haunt him. He will out injured for 3-4 weeks, and he should not play seniors until he does what Crocker is doing in the Ressies.

Eddie-genius and will go into bat for him even he comes out on crutches.

Owies-great first game and actually have a player who can kick straight and does not have to kick around corners. Harry better learn that or he will cost us a final one day..if we ever make it.

Perhaps Ross is looking for a new gig at Carlton !!! Talking up the stocks is a good start

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
If you had to look at Collingwood's list and Carlton's list, you would definitely go with Carlton. Once Pendlebury retires, they are stuffed. The thing that worries me about Lyon is that he is very similar to Malthouse in his approach, and is very defence orientated which is why he has never won a flag. Not sure Liddell would want Lyon around the club spruiking up SOS. If Carlton does not persevere with Teague then who do they go to?
Voss & Leppitsch as his assistant? Lots of experience at PA & Richmond
Do we go after Buckley if he gets the boot?
Throw 1.2 million per season at Lyon?
Perhaps go after Pike who did get Adelaide to a GF.
Get Ange Postecoglou back from Japan and give him the job.

Have to draft him. He is a natural, although his kicking for goal makes the pacemaker work overtime. Had a lot of issues early in his career, but seems to be playing good footy. He is doing what McGovern should be doing.

Anyone who watched the Ressies game and heard the scums 1/4 address would have thought it was 'Super'...

Really like what I've seen of Ramsay - looks a player and an option on the wing from next year.

I'd be interested to bring in Bobby Hill if we get him cheap, despite being contracted. Durdin looks like he'll be a slow burn, and I'd like to replace Eddie with another pressure forward option.

If we chase a mid would prefer it to be limited to FAs, and keep our picks to draft/trade in KPPs.

Use our rookie picks on players that have spent the year playing our style in reserves. Target potential rookie picks we like for our VFL side. Rinse and repeat.

Left field one, could the Blues look at a player like Josh Schache. Was the second best KPP behind Weitering in 2015 Draft. Hasnt made it as a forward, would he have the potential to switch to defence??
Wouldn't cost alot either with Bulldogs likely to give more oportunity to Ugle-Hagan.

Sorry I bored.Everyone knows we lack talls on every line. Here are some names that I feel that may help fill the holes in our list.
Tom Fullerton, Dan Mcstay, Connor Ballenden, Sam Dekoning, Esava Ratugolea, Charlie Ballard, Caleb Graham, Sam Weideman, Harrison Petty, Toby Nankervis, Cal Coleman Jones, Mabior Chol, Jarrod Brander, Bailey Williams and Harry Edwards. It's a mixed bunch. Any thoughts who we should look at in trade time.

Sorry I bored.Everyone knows we lack talls on every line. Here are some names that I feel that may help fill the holes in our list.
Tom Fullerton, Dan Mcstay, Connor Ballenden, Sam Dekoning, Esava Ratugolea, Charlie Ballard, Caleb Graham, Sam Weideman, Harrison Petty, Toby Nankervis, Cal Coleman Jones, Mabior Chol, Jarrod Brander, Bailey Williams and Harry Edwards. It's a mixed bunch. Any thoughts who we should look at in trade time.
Ben McKay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back