List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Petrevski-Seton... isn't a player to look sideways when in possession – he likes to get it going goal-bound as soon as possible.

That's not the player I've seen playing for us. I hope to god its not a development thing, because it if is, Im concerned.

He needs an extended run in the midfield/ half forward. I wasn't sold last week (he looked all at sea in the middle), but this week against the Bombers he changed my mind with a few plays that were really good.

Give him a clear role in the middle this week (maybe even a role following Treloar, Smith or Bont) and an extended role in the guts.

He would if he could stay on the park. There's not many HFF ahead of him.
I have a few ahead of him unfortunately, he is a bit too flimsy for me.

Walters, Gray, Petracca, Zorko, Sidebottom, Danger, Bont, Greene, Dusty, Heeney, Flyin Ryan, Edwards, Tippa, Billings, Shai Bolton, Gresham and maybe De Goey when in form.

I also think JSos offers us more but that is just me.

I have a few ahead of him unfortunately, he is a bit too flimsy for me.

Walters, Gray, Petracca, Zorko, Sidebottom, Danger, Bont, Greene, Dusty, Heeney, Flyin Ryan, Edwards, Tippa, Billings, Shai Bolton, Gresham and maybe De Goey when in form.

I also think JSos offers us more but that is just me.
Well if you want to talk about small forwards then that brings the stay at home smalls in.

Really I have him against the HFF/mid hybrids.

And I said if healthy he would be. On talent hes ahead of many on your list...just non durable

Well if you want to talk about small forwards then that brings the stay at home smalls in.

Really I have him against the HFF/mid hybrids.

And I said if healthy he would be. On talent hes ahead of many on your list...just non durable
Agree he isn’t durable, never has been.

So of the hybrid types that push into the midfield such as
Walters, Bont, Petracca, Gray, Sidebottom, Dusty, Danger, Heeney, Edwards, Bolton, Zorko & DeGoey who does Jack have covered on talent in your opinion ?

Sorry I bored.Everyone knows we lack talls on every line. Here are some names that I feel that may help fill the holes in our list.
Tom Fullerton, Dan Mcstay, Connor Ballenden, Sam Dekoning, Esava Ratugolea, Charlie Ballard, Caleb Graham, Sam Weideman, Harrison Petty, Toby Nankervis, Cal Coleman Jones, Mabior Chol, Jarrod Brander, Bailey Williams and Harry Edwards. It's a mixed bunch. Any thoughts who we should look at in trade time.
Dan mcstay

If you had to look at Collingwood's list and Carlton's list, you would definitely go with Carlton. Once Pendlebury retires, they are stuffed. The thing that worries me about Lyon is that he is very similar to Malthouse in his approach, and is very defence orientated which is why he has never won a flag. Not sure Liddell would want Lyon around the club spruiking up SOS. If Carlton does not persevere with Teague then who do they go to?
Voss & Leppitsch as his assistant? Lots of experience at PA & Richmond
Do we go after Buckley if he gets the boot?
Throw 1.2 million per season at Lyon?
Perhaps go after Pike who did get Adelaide to a GF.
Get Ange Postecoglou back from Japan and give him the job.

Craig Bellamy

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree he isn’t durable, never has been.

So of the hybrid types that push into the midfield such as
Walters, Bont, Petracca, Gray, Sidebottom, Dusty, Danger, Heeney, Edwards, Bolton, Zorko & DeGoey who does Jack have covered on talent in your opinion ?
Walters - diff position
Bont Petracca Danger - more midfield and often get spots there
Gray sidebottom zorko - old

So youre really left with Heeney Edwards Bolton and DeGoey - Hes about as good or better than all 4 when fit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walters - diff position
Bont Petracca Danger - more midfield and often get spots there
Gray sidebottom zorko - old

So youre really left with Heeney Edwards Bolton and DeGoey - Hes about as good or better than all 4 when fit
We will have to agree to disagree on most of those.....

Hopefully he gets back and proves me wrong.

We are in an interesting position list-wise at the moment. Considering we will want to hold onto Cripps and McKay is due for a hefty pay rise. Then next year Walsh is out of contract. A year later our 2015 class will be hitting free agency (Weiters already signed up for 5 years or so). In the meantime we have Murphy and Ed coming into their final few years. Jones getting on a bit but should be serviceable for another 3 years or so. TDK and Cunners could break out. Gov has one more year on his inflated contract so he will probably take unders after that.

I feel like we should stay away from the big name recruits moving forward and embrace a culture of building internally which hopefully leads to players taking slight unders to keep the group together. Now we’ve invested in Williams, Saad and our young guns coming through. I’d rather keep our group together than chase a Kelly or Merrett type. Focus on recruiting lesser known gems to plug holes like Fogarty, Newman, Newnes, Matty Wright types.

Will be interesting what we do with guys like Dow, SPS & Setterfield when they approach their next contracts. The way I see it they have great potential to breakout but realistically as things stand they’re currently not as vital to our build as some others. ie- would love to keep them but if we need to clear cap space, they are probably the most disposable.

I can see us moving forward to be a huge draw card for potential recruits. Like who wouldn’t want to play alongside Cripps, Walsh and Harry? Will be interesting to see how our overall list management strategy develops moving forward.

Sorry I bored.Everyone knows we lack talls on every line. Here are some names that I feel that may help fill the holes in our list.
Tom Fullerton, Dan Mcstay, Connor Ballenden, Sam Dekoning, Esava Ratugolea, Charlie Ballard, Caleb Graham, Sam Weideman, Harrison Petty, Toby Nankervis, Cal Coleman Jones, Mabior Chol, Jarrod Brander, Bailey Williams and Harry Edwards. It's a mixed bunch. Any thoughts who we should look at in trade time.

Mentioned that I would like the club to target at least 3 spine players. KPD, KPP swingman, ruck that us a threat resting forward. While I prefer an OOC, we should be shaking every tree. From that list

KPD - Petty
KPP Swingman - SDK, Brander, McStay, Ballenden
Ruck/Forward - Esava, Chol, Williams

Left field one, could the Blues look at a player like Josh Schache. Was the second best KPP behind Weitering in 2015 Draft. Hasnt made it as a forward, would he have the potential to switch to defence??
Wouldn't cost alot either with Bulldogs likely to give more oportunity to Ugle-Hagan.

Schache just doesn’t want it enough from the look of things.

Agree with all of this but just wanted to point out that we have at least 4 AA-quality players on our list currently:
  • Weitering
  • Walsh
  • Cripps
  • Saad
Any of these 4 could be picked for the AA squad in a year where they avoid injury. That's more quality players than we've had since the Fev/Judd days. The rest of list lacks depth, but we have found some quality at least.

Add Harry to that list

I feel like we should stay away from the big name recruits moving forward and embrace a culture of building internally which hopefully leads to players taking slight unders to keep the group together. Now we’ve invested in Williams, Saad and our young guns coming through. I’d rather keep our group together than chase a Kelly or Merrett type. Focus on recruiting lesser known gems to plug holes like Fogarty, Newman, Newnes, Matty Wright types.

Agree..
Wouldn't be wasting resources, on Merrett and Kelly..
Good players, but IMO not really the list profile player we should be targeting, both 26 this year..
We are 2-3 years off seriously contending, would make them late 20's early 30's..

We seriously need to build some depth in our KPF, KPD & Ruck/Forwards..
I'd be looking at younger talent that can grow, with our younger talent.

Looks like, we may have missed building our premiership push around Cripps, he is young enough to still be involved..
But, we should start building our premiership push around Walsh, Curnow, TDK, Weitering and McKay..

Martin has the ability to be, but never had the performances to be

If my nonna had wooden legs she woulda been a rocking chair.....

I was very excited about the whole Jack Martin acquisition and the hype that went with it....but.....it’s been very underwhelming so far.
Things turn very quickly in football though.....here’s hoping

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Schache just doesn’t want it enough from the look of things.
Anyone thinking about Schache needs to watch Friday night's game against the tigers closely. Looked completely out of it all night, both forward and ruck, couldn't get near it, and worse, looked like not even the effort was there. Think he got a lucky goal late but otherwise an absolute shocker. There is no way we could be interested. On the back of that performance, he would be lucky to play 5-10 more senior games and will be delisted at end of next year. Been wrong before, but don't think so this time. He looks done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back