List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Some Port players... Are they worth a look at?

Tom Clurey (KPD) - Apparently on the outer BIO
Jarrod Lienert (KPD) - Unsigned... Elite by foot BIO
Joel Garner (Small Def) - Delisted... lockdown small defender BIO

Even if the context of the rumoured delistings, and the list sizes snap back to normal next year, 2 years to Pittonet and Newman are head scratchers.

We need more strength and/or mobility in these roles.

Doubtful either would have had much interest abroad, so 2 years seems strange.. Why were we not in the Callum Coleman Jones talk?? Is an auto upgrade on Pittonet..

No issue at all with Pitto getting two years, players like Chol are getting offered 4. Ruckman always get more.
Newman seems a little strange and pointless offering him two considering where he plays. Maybe he is on a tiny contract so two isn’t an issue. In saying that he is a proven AFL player and maybe Stocker moves to the midfield, williams gets fit and moves up the ground, Doc may be worse then we hope, A new coach might want to use Saad differently (maybe a wing) so he could still be seen as an important player

CCJ is pretty horrible in the ruck and we need to probably trade our second rounder and offer him 5 years to get him interested.
Fair point, hadnt really seen him in the ruck and certainly wouldnt want to trade anything decent for him.. But we need a #1 ruck and i am getting desperate..

No issue at all with Pitto getting two years, players like Chol are getting offered 4. Ruckman always get more.
Newman seems a little strange and pointless offering him two considering where he plays. Maybe he is on a tiny contract so two isn’t an issue. In saying that he is a proven AFL player and maybe Stocker moves to the midfield, williams gets fit and moves up the ground, Doc may be worse then we hope, A new coach might want to use Saad differently (maybe a wing) so he could still be seen as an important player

All three should stay where they are in the D50. With three talls in Weitering, Jones and McGovern and Plow from the bench that's Defensive 50 sorted IMO.

All three should stay where they are in the D50. With three talls in Weitering, Jones and McGovern and Plow from the bench that's Defensive 50 sorted IMO.
I wouldn’t be changing much either but it wouldn’t surprise me if a new coach comes in and wants to. At worst he is an excellent depth player and atleast gives us the option to push others up the ground if their form is demanding it while only losing very little in the backline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know I shouldn't be surprised, but genuinely can't believe people are surprised or disappointed that Pittonet and Newman will be at the club in 2022.

Was always going to be the case.

I thought Newman would only get a one year deal, but the extra year isn't an issue. Won't be on much and is a very capable footballer at senior level.

Why were we not in the Callum Coleman Jones talk?? Is an auto upgrade on Pittonet..

Fair point, hadnt really seen him in the ruck

Good on you for admitting it, but that's gold. 🤣

Fair point, hadnt really seen him in the ruck and certainly wouldnt want to trade anything decent for him.. But we need a #1 ruck and i am getting desperate..

We will be right mate...

Pittonet and TDK combo will be more than capable..
Don't see why there is such dislike for Pittonet...

Can't remember the last time an elite ruckman won a flag?
Hopefully Gawn can buck the trend...

We will be right mate...

It's the current trend, to lust after players that aren't quite ruckmen & not quite KPF.
Arguably the most successful players of this type is David Hale & yeah, I have nfi why people want that..
IMO we've got our oversized utility in TDK, what we need is a raging bull type to partner him.

We will be right mate...

Perception of players tends to change when they haven't played for a while.

Perhaps go back and look at comments from the games he played this year.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
We will be right mate...

There is no hate for Pitto, he tries his guts out but he is no longer a ‘developing’ ruck he is what he is, and that is simply just not good enough to be the #1 ruck and it has hurt us time and time again, the other issue is he is a statue when ever he goes forward so him and TDK can not play in the same side, we get torn apart every single time.. I would go to say our winning % when they have both played together would be under 20%.

It's the current trend, to lust after players that aren't quite ruckmen & not quite KPF.
Arguably the most successful players of this type is David Hale & yeah, I have nfi why people want that..
IMO we've got our oversized utility in TDK, what we need is a raging bull type to partner him.

I agree with this strongly, TDK can replace the ‘Levi’ role of fwd to help out in the ruck, so what we need is a genuine #1 ruxk.

Every team needs role players and Newman and Pittonet are solid foot soldiers. Yes would be nice for an upgrade but there is a thing call the salary cap, plus it is hard to prise better players from other clubs.

You keep these guys and focus your cash and draft currency on what is needed most. Midfielders that run both ways with good foot skills.

I think I see it very differently to most. I just see TDK playing forward as a waste. He to me, looks a very average forward prospect but potentially a very good ruck. He’s coming into his fifth season so I’d hope he is capable of taking the bulk of the ruck minutes so we need someone who can chop out in the ruck more then we do a ruckman. If we actually had a decent ruck then that makes TDK likely a forward ruck which if he is 80% forward would probably make him a pretty average player imo.

Every team needs role players and Newman and Pittonet are solid foot soldiers. Yes would be nice for an upgrade but there is a thing call the salary cap, plus it is hard to prise better players from other clubs.

You keep these guys and focus your cash and draft currently on what is needed most. Midfielders that run both ways and good foot skills.

Agree, Pitto is a great back up but we can not go into another season with him as our #1 and expect anything to change with our stoppages..

There is no hate for Pitto, he tries his guts out but he is no longer a ‘developing’ ruck he is what he is, and that is simply just not good enough to be the #1 ruck and it has hurt us time and time again, the other issue is he is a statue when ever he goes forward so him and TDK can not play in the same side, we get torn apart every single time.. I would go to say our winning % when they have both played together would be under 20%.

How many rucks are at their peak at 25?

Agree, Pitto is a great back up but we can not go into another season with him as our #1 and expect anything to change with our stoppages..
I think the club is hoping TDK will be a good #1 ruck in time.

If we give pick 6 to Freo for Cerra, what have we got left for a good ruck from another team. It is fine to wish for a better ruck is much harder to get one in the current system.

Pitto had to play up forward with levi too… I reckon it would work now that Levi isn’t in the team. More mobility in our forward half with charlie playing who, from what I’ve seen, is still capable of following up with elite pressure. Wouldn’t want to see him playing up forward anyways. He’s actually very good at what TDK hasn’t mastered so I think they should be a good tandem for the short term until TDK has what it takes to become the no.1. Pitto isn’t the no.1 but he’s a great stop gap to have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back