List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

We don't have a lift spot to pick up Brayden Sier as a DFA do we? Pretty, decent player despite having some flaws (mainly with regards to training/work ethic)

Decent player? Surely you're taking the absolute piss.

Apart from a span of two months in 2018 he was rubbish over the span of 6 years, as stated his training and work ethic is poor but if you watch his game if he doesn't win the footy as a first touch clearance guy he is completely diabolical on defence and doesn't know how to spread or mark the footy.

Not sure where this decent player type stuff comes from. He's OK if he's your 6th best MID option playing 60% TOG off the pine .... lmao

Better than an unknown quantity with pick 75 or whatever in the ND.
Depends if we are culturally mature enough with our playing group and if he can make a contribution most weeks, even as a depth/interchange player.

I personally would take the punt/risk, but could understand why many would be unwilling.
I would look at Trent Dumont before Brayden Sier. Only just turned 26 and significantly better output, plus a bit of mongrel.

I would look at Trent Dumont before Brayden Sier. Only just turned 26 and significantly better output, plus a bit of mongrel.

No contest between the two. Dumont then daylight.

If he doesn't re-sign at North though (which I'd find odd now the free agency period has passed) I'd say he'll end up back home in SA.

Yep. Don't get the Cotters hate. This kid has shown plenty. Also don't get all th remarks about his poor kicking. As a field kick he's pretty good. Hits targets. Would have him in the side before Setters any day.
I don't think it's hate, rather some here think we can do better for that last spot. I doubt we could.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

No contest between the two. Dumont then daylight.

If he doesn't re-sign at North though (which I'd find odd now the free agency period has passed) I'd say he'll end up back home in SA.
We aren’t offering Dumont a contract. A good two-way runner and honest citizen, but we just can’t find a midfield spot for him next year.

SOS was pretty keen on Sier in his draft year.. if I remember correctly, the Pies grabbed him a few picks before our pick..
Not sure he'll be picked up, but can play.. as someone else alluded to, work ethic questionable (and I heard that from a relation of his!!!😆😆)

His Mum who had to keep asking him to not leave his undies on the bathroom floor 🤣

Last edited:
We aren’t offering Dumont a contract. A good two-way runner and honest citizen, but we just can’t find a midfield spot for him next year.

Very surprised by this.

Thought he was a certainty to head to SA with North banking a compensation pick.

I don’t rate him (though I’d still take him every day over Sier) but on a nothing contract I’d have thought he’s a fine experienced player for a rebuilding club to keep around.

Yep. Don't get the Cotters hate. This kid has shown plenty. Also don't get all th remarks about his poor kicking. As a field kick he's pretty good. Hits targets. Would have him in the side before Setters any day.
Setters is very lucky he is contracted for 2022 otherwise I reckon he’d be in the same boat as LOB and Cotters.

Nick Austin answers a few questions on list strategy in the latest interview on the club website.

Interesting that he seems high on Boyd as the lockdown defender. That would greatly improve our defence if he stepped up.

Also interesting that Austin still sees a deficiency in midfield/forward personnel which he identified as an area to focus on with draft picks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nick Austin answers a few questions on list strategy in the latest interview on the club website.

Interesting that he seems high on Boyd as the lockdown defender. That would greatly improve our defence if he stepped up.

Also interesting that Austin still sees a deficiency in midfield/forward personnel which he identified as an area to focus on with draft picks.

We now have 3 definitely or possibly five of these lockdown players.
Plowman, Parks and Boyd - can be true lockdown players (non KPP i.e.)
Stoker - could be, but would be a waste of his talent doing that
Saad - again, can be but would be a waste of his talent doing that

Anyone else?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, it was surprising that he listed Martin, Honey, Cuningham, Owies, Fisher, Durdin and Fogarty and then said it was still a need.

Needs to improve his decision making, get bigger and despite your view on his kicking, I think it's below par for the league let alone an AFL wingman. Love his endeavour though and these are aspects of his game he can improve on with time and glad he's been given the opportunity.

Next year we’ll have about 10/12 players on primary list that will be un- contracted.
So much flexibility and tradable options too. This trade period had to be contest active.
I make it 15, plus the 7 rookies. Though you'd expect a few of them to be re-signed during the year (e.g. Walsh). You'd think we'll be a lot more active at next year's draft.

Needs to improve his decision making, get bigger and despite your view on his kicking, I think it's below par for the league let alone an AFL wingman. Love his endeavour though and these are aspects of his game he can improve on with time and glad he's been given the opportunity.
Add to that, just doesn't get enough of the ball as a winger. Nowhere near enough involved. And when he does get he misses targets way too often.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

He's a different type of player to Setterfield.

Cottrell: Elite tank, hard at it and good mark.
Also lacks footy smarts, worst kick in the team going inside 50 and can't accumulate possession.

Setters is a decent inside mid and can tackle well. He's a better overall player but is not suited to the wing, as he's a shocking mark.

Some interesting delisted senior players the last few days...
If we are putting any players on the LTI list after the rookie draft, they may be worth considering as a DFA for a mature back up..

Lonie - we were big on him a couple of years ago
Constable - big accumulator but slow
Cousins - surprised he was delisted, speed and good skills
Don’t need or want Lonie.
Constable is rated, worth taking the chance, costs nothing other than a list spot.
I rate Cousins.

There was noise in the trade period that the filth were looking at LOB. Maybe they open a spot for us.

He's a different type of player to Setterfield.

Cottrell: Elite tank, hard at it and good mark.
Also lacks footy smarts, worst kick in the team going inside 50 and can't accumulate possession.

Setters is a decent inside mid and can tackle well. He's a better overall player but is not suited to the wing, as he's a shocking mark.
Biggest difference - Cotters tries and tries again. Setters never gets out of 1st gear.

Constable, Lonie etc - no point wasting time thinking about players we have the same type of in spades and couldn't fit on the list even if we wanted to.

Austin has said we'll use one draft pick and upgrade two more with later picks (assuming Kennedy and Honey). Our rookie list is also full and the only Cat B player we are likely to take is Akeui.

We will likely take two SSP players though and it would only be worth discussing after the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back