AFLW 2021 List Management

After ODNs rumour today
Rumour passed on to me:

Tayla Harris won't be playing for us next season. Will probably be at the Gold Coast. Word is she is asking for a large salary and has very few friends left at the club, due to lateness and inflated ego.

Now, I am a big fan of Tayla so it doesn't please me to report this, but I trust my source and/or their source to be genuine.
And the retirements/delistings of Loynes, Downie and Edwards, thought we might need a space to share ideas and suggestions for the list. Thats some opportunity to change the team make up.

I want some more run please.

GalaxyBlue

All Australian
Apr 25, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Said Tayla rumour lines up with this:

She has also been notably absent from all recent team end of season social events, and while not the only one was still interesting.

Not sure about her moving back to Queensland though - I thought she came to Melbourne to further her boxing career? On the same token, things can change (hello COVID) and she may want to be closer to family. If this is the case I’m sure we’d demand nothing less than pick 1 so... 🤷🏻‍♀️

Would love to see Dalton back at the club next season.

She has already signed on for 2022, so you definitely will 👍🏻

Bfevola

Senior List
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
carlton
Maybe we can trade her to Gold Coast for pick 1 and we pick up Maddies sister. That would be an awesome result. Are any clubs getting concessions this year that would jeopardise this?

Maybe we can trade her to Gold Coast for pick 1 and we pick up Maddies sister. That would be an awesome result. Are any clubs getting concessions this year that would jeopardise this?
Not sure about concessions yet. Given where GC landed on the ladder, they'll be in line for something if there any going.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
dunno who Maddie's guest was at the awards last night but she looks a likely type, we should draft her

It was Grace Egan.

EzZ79kXVUAIrgbq

GalaxyBlue

All Australian
Apr 25, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Not sure if this is the right thread however apparently we have not one but two possible father-daughters in our VFLW squad, who are also train-ons with the AFLW squad - Olivia Madden (23) and Esther Honybun (21).

Discovered as Olivia was listed amongst our best in the VFLW loss to * on the weekend. Haven’t heard much else otherwise?

GalaxyBlue

All Australian
Apr 25, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Herald Sun reporting Tayla Harris wants $150k and the blues are baulking at it which isn't surprising

Doesn’t seem right when the highest AFLW pay bracket is a Tier 1 player - $37,155 (2022) + prize money for finals. Maybe she’s looking for extra sponsorship?
Source: https://www.aflplayers.com.au/app/uploads/2020/12/AFLW-CBA-2020-2022-EXPLAINED.pdf

We can only have two Tier 1 players, plus she didn’t even finish in the B&F top 10 so can’t see the justification 🤷🏻‍♀️

drunkill

Club Legend
May 16, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Doesn’t seem right when the highest AFLW pay bracket is a Tier 1 player - $37,155 (2022) + prize money for finals. Maybe she’s looking for extra sponsorship?
Source: https://www.aflplayers.com.au/app/uploads/2020/12/AFLW-CBA-2020-2022-EXPLAINED.pdf

We can only have two Tier 1 players, plus she didn’t even finish in the B&F top 10 so can’t see the justification 🤷🏻‍♀️
Can be employed by the club in other roles, or use a company car to the value of... etc or a hookup to work for a club sponsor.

Vescio was a graphic designer for the club for a few years to top up her payments, Bri Davey left after a Godfather offer from Collingwood.

Geelong AFLW players get free uni courses at Deakin, etc.

Then there is non-club sponsorship earnings.

drapes11

Debutant
Mar 31, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Forgive the intrusion, I have just seen the Tayla article and came sniffing to see what the collective thoughts were on this.

I am a life long lions fan and got on the AFLW team when it first started. What has been obvious from that first season is that Tayla is not a team player, she has consistently dropped her head in games and acted like a petulant child. I would not hire her let alone pay a premium for her in a team based environment.

She could be a superstar or a great team player but I don’t think she wants to be the later. She is better off in an individual sport like boxing.

If Eddie wants to look at role models how about the players who are working full time whilst playing and or contributing to the development of the next generation.

Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Melbourne (VFL)
An interesting question to pose to Carlton fans, if Tayla was to be moved on through a trade, what Victorian club would you want her to end up at, and for what in return?

I say Victorian club, because in an ideal world, she'd go back home to Queensland through a trade with the Suns, giving you pick one to get Georgie Prespaskis.

The tricking thing with a trade to a Vic club, what club can give you what you want, without you making them too strong (if Harris found form at a new home)?

footyknut

Team Captain
Jun 28, 2011
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
That is the key, last year Nic Negropontis gave Carlton an A for trade period and Melbourne a D, turned out the other way around is true.
If Harris leaves, as is looking most likely, what do you need to get in return to make it a win for Carlton (pick 1 from GC to get a Prespakis Jnr an obvious one)

GalaxyBlue

All Australian
Apr 25, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Back