News 2021 Media Phantoms & Rankings

Remove this Banner Ad

He's predicting what he thinks will happen, it's not based on what he would do.
Yup, based on gossip he's heard from the clubs. But because of live trading, clubs aren't revealing their intentions as readily as they used to, because if they do and another club hears about it they might try to trade up and steal the kid that the first club wanted.

So it's a combination of incomplete information and Twomey guessing the rest. But his gossip is usually best in the industry so, strange as it might be, it's the best we're likely to get.

Obviously it’s based on what he’s heard but sometimes I think it’s more the latter.
I don't think that's the case at all. Otherwise he may as well just put a heading on his power rankings as a Phantom Draft.

The Swans board would like to present the Get Sober Quick mock draft award to the Herald Sun.

Who, in 1 article analysed our needs, and nominated who would be available.
And next day in their mock draft not pick a single one of those players.
Same writers by the way.

The Swans board would like to present the Get Sober Quick mock draft award to the Herald Sun.

Who, in 1 article analysed our needs, and nominated who would be available.
And next day in their mock draft not pick a single one of those players.
Same writers by the way.
They're clueless.

Every phantom draft I've seen in the past two days has Josh Sinn landing at Port.

He was even interviewed on local radio last night and was talking as if he was a Port player.

I mean anything's possible, but even an old cynic like me would be surprised if Port don't read his name out tonight.

Every phantom draft I've seen in the past two days has Josh Sinn landing at Port.

He was even interviewed on local radio last night and was talking as if he was a Port player.

I mean anything's possible, but even an old cynic like me would be surprised if Port don't read his name out tonight.
Could be already off the board

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hobbs is the cat amongst the pigeons. Do one of the WA teams prioritise Hobbs over home grown mids Erasmus and Johnson? That’s the question!
Three excellent and different prospects.

Hobbs provides more of what we already have in Serong and would make for a powerful dynamic at the coalface.

Erasmus has attractive forward ability and seems to have the combination of strength and explosiveness that is difficult to counter.

Johnson is an excellent replacement for Cerra with a better on-ball game. He projects as the ideal Mundy replacement, and is my preferred choice.

Hobbs is the cat amongst the pigeons. Do one of the WA teams prioritise Hobbs over home grown mids Erasmus and Johnson? That’s the question!
We had a few things up our sleeve that we didn't want to release until after the majority of Phantom Draft's were done, that was one of them. The Sydney pick was the other (and a couple of little tid bits). We wanted to really question as many selections as we could to make it as different as we could. Already today the HUN changed their Phantom to reflect Hobbs at Pick 8, so glad we got in this morning prior.

We had a few things up our sleeve that we didn't want to release until after the majority of Phantom Draft's were done, that was one of them. The Sydney pick was the other (and a couple of little tid bits). We wanted to really question as many selections as we could to make it as different as we could. Already today the HUN changed their Phantom to reflect Hobbs at Pick 8, so glad we got in this morning prior.
You're confident Freo pick Hobbs with 8?

You're confident Freo pick Hobbs with 8?
Could be Pick 10, but I'm more confident on Hobbs that Johnson. We're talking a 70-30 confident, never 100% (bar your top few). I had a feeling they were going Hobbs for one of their selections, but wanted confirmation, and did get that yesterday (though of course stuff changes). I wanted that point of difference, so more so at least finding a source that would say "yeah he's in their sights". The reason we've gone for 8 is because Richmond is more likely to take Hobbs over Amiss, though it will be took hard to turn down Gibcus anyway. But, if Hobbs was on the board they'd be more likely to take him than Amiss.

Can't wait for a live trade to bugger it all up though 😂

Friend of mine said to keep an eye out for Sam Banks, apparently we have shown some interest. Had a look and of course he was that Tasmanian medium defender! Genuinely not sure if he is just taking the piss now but he does know a lot of the young guys coming through.
I'm a big fan of Sam Banks, great disposal by foot, I'm hoping he falls to our selection 41.

I'm a big fan of Sam Banks, great disposal by foot, I'm hoping he falls to our selection 41.

I meant to post this in the Crows thread so deleted it and moved it (not fast enough obviously). He does look like a decent prospect, and good disposal never goes astray, I'm just not sure he fits what Adelaide need at the moment.

Could be Pick 10, but I'm more confident on Hobbs that Johnson. We're talking a 70-30 confident, never 100% (bar your top few). I had a feeling they were going Hobbs for one of their selections, but wanted confirmation, and did get that yesterday (though of course stuff changes). I wanted that point of difference, so more so at least finding a source that would say "yeah he's in their sights". The reason we've gone for 8 is because Richmond is more likely to take Hobbs over Amiss, though it will be took hard to turn down Gibcus anyway. But, if Hobbs was on the board they'd be more likely to take him than Amiss.

Can't wait for a live trade to bugger it all up though 😂
I like Hobbs but I struggle with the rationale of taking him ahead of Johnson.

Is he significantly better? Because if he isn't then Hobbs represents a little too much of a "more of the same" selection (Serong and Brayshaw) whereas Johnson projects as a good Cerra and Mundy replacement.

Twomey actually got the most right out of all the ones I’ve looked at this year. Rookie Me is second, then all our draft watchers after that with the herald sun about mid pack.

The funny thing is that when Twomey did his late mail phantom he changed a couple of things, so one pick that was originally right became wrong, and vice versa 🤔 it didn’t end up being any better than the original overall

Twomey actually got the most right out of all the ones I’ve looked at this year. Rookie Me is second, then all our draft watchers after that with the herald sun about mid pack.

The funny thing is that when Twomey did his late mail phantom he changed a couple of things, so one pick that was originally right became wrong, and vice versa 🤔 it didn’t end up being any better than the original overall
Nah, Twomey's late mail changed freo's pick 10 to Neil Erasmus, meaning he got a pick that was originaly wrong, right, and the first 11 right (12 if you count port taking Sinn) right. So as far as the top 13 goes, the amount he would've got right is the same.

Nah, Twomey's late mail changed freo's pick 10 to Neil Erasmus, meaning he got a pick that was originaly wrong, right, and the first 11 right (12 if you count port taking Sinn) right. So as far as the top 13 goes, the amount he would've got right is the same.
It's not nah. You're saying the same thing I was saying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back