Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus, Suns
Hi Guys,

Living in Melbourne with a Port Victorian membership, I actually haven't had a chance to get over to Adelaide the last couple of years.

I'd absolutely love to go to the Showdown in round 8 on Saturday night.

What are my chances from anyone with experience of getting a ticket? Is it likely possible at all with the Victorian membership?

Hi Guys,

Living in Melbourne with a Port Victorian membership, I actually haven't had a chance to get over to Adelaide the last couple of years.

I'd absolutely love to go to the Showdown in round 8 on Saturday night.

What are my chances from anyone with experience of getting a ticket? Is it likely possible at all with the Victorian membership?
It will sell out, like the Richmond game did but the official figure wont be 40,000.

There will be AO Footy members and Port members who have ticket who wont turn up and wont pass them on.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It will sell out, like the Richmond game did but the official figure wont be 40,000.

There will AO Footy members and Port members who have ticket who wont turn up and wont pass them on.

Hopefully Marshall has the balls to tell that campaigner Nicola that we are back to 100% by then. Weak campaigner.

Hopefully Marshall has the balls to tell that campaigner Nicola that we are back to 100% by then. Weak campaigner.

Hope he doesn't.

I want to see your mate 66 lording it over you people over there about how Vic is da bomb.

800 dead people disagree but that's not the point.

By then WA, Qld, NSW and probably Vic will be at 100% so it would be the perfect PR Spin opportunity.

Young Gun #6

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus, Suns

There will be AO Footy members and Port members who have ticket who wont turn up and wont pass them on.

Thanks for the reply. So as a Victorian member would I actually have an opportunity to buy a ticket or likely to be fully exhausted and sold out before that even opens?

Thanks for the reply. So as a Victorian member would I actually have an opportunity to buy a ticket or likely to be fully exhausted and sold out before that even opens?
Based on the Essendon game, I didn't see what they were doing for Richmond game, there will be a window for Port members to buy tickets, then Adelaide and then the general public if any left.

There has been some talk of Marshall opening it up to 100% before showdown, so that would give you a better chance, but they probably wont announce that until the Sunday or Monday before the game.

Try out the Port v St Kilda game on ANZAC day and see if you can use your membership code to let you put in a quantity of tickets to buy. When I click on Ticket button it gives me info - almost all sold out - but wont unlock quantity to buy a ticket.

It doesn't when I punch in my membership barcode as I already have a seat allocated and I can't buy for others I guess.

Last edited:

Eighteen Seventy

Senior List
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm hearing Victoria are looking at bringing capacity crowds back by Anzac Day. If they do, it will mean SA is the only mainland state not to have allowed for capacity crowds since the pandemic. Currently NSW and WA can have full capacities, while QLD held a State of Origin match in front of a full house last year.

It's a little bit sad since SA has the longest current streak without an outbreak.

I'm hearing Victoria are looking at bringing capacity crowds back by Anzac Day. If they do, it will mean SA is the only mainland state not to have allowed for capacity crowds since the pandemic. Currently NSW and WA can have full capacities, while QLD held a State of Origin match in front of a full house last year.

It's a little bit sad since SA has the longest current streak without an outbreak.
Qld have been at 100% since about 9th March.

I stand corrected. Makes it look even worse that we're persisting with 75% then.
Once Vic clicks over to 100% SA wont be able to hang onto 75% and they will wait until end of Rd 7 to announce 100% ie week before showdown if Vic go to 100% for Rd 6 ANZAC day round.

I stand corrected. Makes it look even worse that we're persisting with 75% then.
Just heard Acting Vic Premier James Merlino say something almost identical on a news grab, to what he said in his presser yesterday. 100% isn't a certainty there, the international flights have just recommenced, so might be spooked by that history.

SA wont beat Vic to 100% capacity, unless there is another outbreak over there.

Acting Premier James Merlino said while Victorian public health officials were working with the AFL, there was no guarantee capacity would be at 100 per cent by Anzac Day. "We are working together to get to that point [full capacity], but we cannot put a timeline on that today," he said.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just heard Acting Vic Premier James Merlino say something almost identical on a news grab, to what he said in his presser yesterday. 100% isn't a certainty there, the international flights have just recommenced, so might be spooked by that history.

SA wont beat Vic to 100% capacity, unless there is another outbreak over there.

Acting Premier James Merlino said while Victorian public health officials were working with the AFL, there was no guarantee capacity would be at 100 per cent by Anzac Day. "We are working together to get to that point [full capacity], but we cannot put a timeline on that today," he said.

Even if they went to 100%, based on the way crowd numbers have been behaving so far, I doubt they'd get more then 80k there.

dirty2

F*** the southern power
Nov 6, 2016
Bar Rossa
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
I got moved from my seats and last 2 home games there have been people sitting in my seats... * them I'm gonna get to the game early and sit in MY *in seats...

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hope he doesn't.

I want to see your mate 66 lording it over you people over there about how Vic is da bomb.

800 dead people disagree but that's not the point.

I said last year in the middle of lockdown Victoria despite the mess that they were in will be back to a more "normal" life before SA ...

South Australia is the definition of pissant.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Even if they went to 100%, based on the way crowd numbers have been behaving so far, I doubt they'd get more then 80k there.

That's true.

Whilst the federal government botch the vaccine rollout with to targets whatsoever, to embarassing levels that sees us below Lebanon and 150 other countries.. people will still be concerned.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That's true.

Whilst the federal government botch the vaccine rollout with to targets whatsoever, to embarassing levels that sees us below Lebanon and 150 other countries.. people will still be concerned.

Yeah Lebanon has half a million cases with a population a fifth of ours. They probably need it more.

People in Australia by and large don't give a * about the vaccine and that is shown in the take up rates. The only hysteria I can see if from certain sections of the media and you.

The split of those 8k total in AFL audited figure is roughly 2.5k us and 5.5k crowies.

Are they still doing that completely arbitrary split, which seems even more ridiculous now that our crowd numbers are higher than theirs (small sample size, of course).

Jumping onto the band wagon. 1,300 added in the last week. make it 100% capacity at AO.

1618904760634.png

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah Lebanon has half a million cases with a population a fifth of ours. They probably need it more.

People in Australia by and large don't give a fu** about the vaccine and that is shown in the take up rates. The only hysteria I can see if from certain sections of the media and you.
Nah bullshit.
Frontline workers and medical staff who are begging for the vaccine still haven't had it.
Half of our private aged care sector still haven't seen more than 50% uptake with winter around the corner. Some aged care facilities are sourcing the vaccine themselves out of their cost as there's been no communication from the government.
Small businesses and tourism are relying on the vaccine for their livelihoods.
State premiers labor and liberal have criticised the rollout with CMOs , nobody wants to see more lockdowns and border closures as well as millions being thrown down the drain on Hotel Quarantine which can't hold on forever. Just because one country has more cases than us doesn't mean we can just wait.. we'll be behind everyone once travel gets into full swing.

Last edited:
Back