Resource 2021 Membership - *56,532 (Audited Membership Record) as at July 28th

Remove this Banner Ad

I happened to call membership department about something else and was told the AFL has dropped the $50 criteria so the $25 True Believers membership and all junior categories count in the audited total.

Might have something to do with Covid.

“Gee these membership numbers don’t look great Gil, what are we gonna do?”

- “Er change the criteria.”

“But won’t that compromise our ability to make accurate historical comparis…”

- “I said change the criteria!”

Bullshitters gonna bullshit.

Not the first time, though.

100% what happened to result in Richmond having 100,000 members.

Sure they had bandwagoners jump on as a result of the Grand Final win, but not that many.

We've hit our unaudited membership record. According to AdelaideNow.
View attachment 1189224
Membership-Number-28-Jul.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Richo's CEO message;

AFL Member research mid-year shows Port Adelaide benchmarked number one across the league for overall satisfaction and ranked first also for value for money, member communications and service. The passion and connection of our members is not lost on our corporate partners.

One of the primary reasons our commercial partners continue to build their connection with our Club is because Port Adelaide members are more connected and engaged to their club than any other and this makes a real commercial difference. Just ask MG, KFC, GFG, BankSA, Tyrepower, RAA, AGL (and the list goes on) and make sure you keep supporting them as you are because believe me they notice and it makes a genuine difference.

Membership department take a bow. When Benny D left for the 36ers I thought that we would slip a bit given how great he was, but the team has just kept going at the great level he and Richo helped built the last decade or so.

SMA re-auditted figure 48,762.

And no.............. that video was not contrived - or set up in any way.
It was sheer coincidence that cameras were there to capture Ken breaking the news to the boys at that precise moment.
And it's the sort of thing a coach would normally bring up at a team meeting too!

From Richo's CEO message;

AFL Member research mid-year shows Port Adelaide benchmarked number one across the league for overall satisfaction and ranked first also for value for money, member communications and service. The passion and connection of our members is not lost on our corporate partners.

One of the primary reasons our commercial partners continue to build their connection with our Club is because Port Adelaide members are more connected and engaged to their club than any other and this makes a real commercial difference. Just ask MG, KFC, GFG, BankSA, Tyrepower, RAA, AGL (and the list goes on) and make sure you keep supporting them as you are because believe me they notice and it makes a genuine difference.

Membership department take a bow. When Benny D left for the 36ers I thought that we would slip a bit given how great he was, but the team has just kept going at the great level he and Richo helped built the last decade or so.
Have WE changed the way memberships are counted?

Have WE changed the way memberships are counted?

No, but we have added new membership offerings within the current AFL rules that help to increase the total number of members. Nothing that the other clubs aren’t doing.

No, but we have added new membership offerings within the current AFL rules that help to increase the total number of members. Nothing that the other clubs aren’t doing.
That's totally fine, but YOY comparisons are useless then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back