Resource 2021 Membership - *56,532 (Audited Membership Record) as at July 28th

or a plane with a broken wing is heading straight for your house

That plane looks like it just left a toaster. Planes don’t live in toasters. Something is very wrong here.

Hot Port

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hi guys, any idea why our memberships are over 10K down compared with last year?? We played in the prelim last year so you would think there would be more memberships...

Hi guys, any idea why our memberships are over 10K down compared with last year?? We played in the prelim last year so you would think there would be more memberships...

People were comfortable contributing their membership to the club last year with no guarantee of getting to games. I'd have thought a lot would be hesitant doing it two years running.

Covid.

People are waiting to see if they will actually get to sit in their seat and/or get in and dont have to donate their membership to the club.

Whilst 75% is the current capacity, it will only take a few cases for SA Health and the Marshall government to hit the panic button and say 50% or 25% or 0% capacity.

Anyone know when our member packs will arrive with under 5 weeks before our first home game?

I got an email today from Aus Post saying they'll arrive this week.

I got an email from Port on Friday saying;

Great news REH, your 2021 Port Adelaide membership pack is on its way!

It will take approximately 7 business days to arrive from the date you receive this email.

email from the club about seats at AO this year.

We are thrilled SA Health has approved a return to 75% capacity at Adelaide Oval for the 2021 season. It will be amazing to welcome back 40,000 of our Port Adelaide True Believers to see us play live in what is set to be an exciting year ahead.

We have been working closely with Adelaide Oval on what the increased capacity means for our Members and it's important that we update you with the latest ticketing information. More information about COVIDSafe measures and your experience will be announced soon.

We have provided some more general information below and created a dedicated FAQ page here. Our Member Services team will contact you directly in the coming days with more detail specific to your membership type.

6033394623e71.jpg

Membership packs and cards are also on their way with the majority of all packs to be lodged with Australia Post by the middle of this week. If you are yet to renew, make sure you do it soon so you are ready for the season to start. You can renew online here.

We hope you are just as excited as we are for the 2021 season.
The Future is Ours and we're ready for it!

Richo

CEO

Reserved seats will be arranged in a pod seating plan.

82% of our Reserved Seat members will not be impacted by the 'pod' system. Members who have not been impacted will be able to sit in their normal allocated seat and use their membership card or mobile ticketing for entry.

Reserved Seat members who have been impacted (their seat is now unavailable) will need to be relocated to alternative seats for the 2021 season. We will attempt to relocate members to seats that are as comparable as possible.

Our Member Services team will contact Members directly via email or SMS to advise if your reserved seat has or has not been impacted.

Essential Power members will be required to book a seat within the Western Stand on a game-by-game basis via Ticketek. Please note you will not be able to turn up on game day and scan your membership card for entry.

There will be no additional fee to book the reserved seat.

Essential Power members will be provided with an exclusive priority window (in conjunction with Adelaide Oval Football Members) to book before tickets are made available to the general public.

Tickets will be allocated until capacity is reached.

Our Member Services team will contact Essential Power members directly via email or SMS with the priority window schedule and more information once it is confirmed with Ticketek.

General Admission members will be required to book a seat on a game-by-game basis via Ticketek. Please note you will not be able to turn up on game day and scan your membership card for entry.

General Admission members will be able to book a seat within specific areas at no additional cost but will also have the opportunity to book in other areas of the stadium to which an upgrade fee will apply.

General Admission members will be provided with an exclusive priority window to book before tickets are made available to the general public.

Tickets will be allocated until capacity is reached.

Our Member Services team will contact General Admission members directly via email or SMS with the priority window schedule once it is confirmed with Ticketek.

Our Member Services team will contact Victorian and Interstate members directly via email or SMS with an update on how to access our away games once the respective Home teams and venues have confirmed their capacities.

Last edited:
FAQ's members with reserved seats

What is the seating arrangement for the 75% capacity?
There are a number of conditions –

All patrons must be allocated a reserved seat in a pod formation.

Pods are banks of seating in capacities of 120 people, bordered by two vacant rows and/or an aisle. Unless on the edge of a pod, you may have people in front, behind and either side of you.

I’m a reserved seat member, what does the pod system mean for me?
82% of our reserved seat members will not be impacted by the pod system.

For members who are not impacted, you will be able to sit in your seat and use your membership card as per a normal season.

For members who have been impacted, we will need to relocate you to an alternative seat for the entire season.
Impacted members is purely based on the seat location, it will registered as unavailable and cannot be used for the 2021 season.

I’m a reserved seat member, when do I find out if I have been impacted?
We are currently working through identifying impacted members and will notify members as soon as we possibly can. We will also publish a list of impacted seats on this FAQ page.

Do Juniors 5 and under receive free entry?
Yes, but the child cannot occupy a seat they must sit on a lap. If the child requires their own seat, you will need to purchase a membership or book a ticket through Ticketek which is subject to availability.

IMPACTED RESERVED SEAT MEMBERS
Where will I be relocated to?

We will try our best to relocate impacted members to seats that are comparable to what they have currently. For example; Level 1 relocated to an alternative Level 1 section.

As many of our reserved seat sections are at capacity, we cannot guarantee impacted members will remain in their existing grandstand.

What if my seat is impacted, but the rest of my group/family is not?
As part of our communication to members who have been impacted, there will be the opportunity to advise us if you need to be relocated with other members.

Will this affect my Gold or Platinum membership status?
No. Members will not lose their Gold or Platinum status, this will be carried with you to your new seat.

Will I have the opportunity to request an area to be relocated to?
We will need to complete the relocation process prior to Friday 5 March so we can complete an audit before games go on-sale to enable General Admission or Essential Power members to book a seat.

As we are working to a short deadline, we will not be able to action specific requests for seats. We will contact members directly if we are unsure of your group size or need to discuss your new allocation.

Will I receive a new membership card?
Yes. All members who have been relocated will receive a reprinted membership card in the post as well as an eMembership card (email replica of your membership card) in the event the physical card doesn’t arrive prior to Round 2. Members who have been impacted will also receive a $40.00 Port Store voucher to be used in-store at Alberton. The voucher will be sent with your reprinted membership card.

Will I be able to renew my original seat for the 2022 season?
Yes. As part of the relocation process we will hold your original seat so that it can be renewed in 2022.

Last edited:
Access members but not reserved seats FAQ's

ESSENTIAL POWER MEMBERS
I have an Essential Power membership, how do I book a reserved seat?

Essential Power members will be required to book a reserved seat through Ticketek using the 12-digit barcode on your membership card.

How much does it cost?
There is no charge to book a reserved seat in the Western Stand.

You will be able to select your preferred section within in the Western Stand.

How many reserved seats / standing tickets can I book?
Essential Power members can only book one reserved seat per barcode. Members can enter up to 10 barcodes per transaction so that you can sit with friends and family.

There will be no separate priority groups. Club 1870, Platinum and Gold Essential Power members will be able to book together if required.

Can I purchase additional guest tickets?
In the Member Priority window, Members will not be able to purchase additional tickets. As capacity is limited, we need to ensure our Members have first opportunity on seats before the General Public.

Once the Member priority window has closed, you may be able to purchase additional tickets but this will be subject to availability and capacity.

When can I book?
We will advise dates for the Member Priority window once confirmed with Ticketek. We anticipate that Members will be able to book tickets to all scheduled games at that point in time (for example, you can book tickets for Rounds 2, 4 and 6 in one transaction).

Do I use my membership card for entry?
No, Essential Power members will use the ticket allocated to them by Ticketek. Similar to the 2020 season, tickets will be mobile only.

We encourage members to plan ahead and ensure they have a Ticketek account and download the Ticketek app for smooth booking and sharing of tickets.

If I don’t book a reserved seat will I miss out on attending?
As capacity is limited, tickets will be allocated until capacity is reached. If a member does not book a ticket through Ticketek and capacity is reached (sold out), an Essential Power member will not be able to attend.

We strongly encourage our Essential Power members make use of the Member Priority window to avoid disappointment.

GENERAL ADMISSION MEMBERS

I have a General Admission membership, how do I book a reserved seat?

General Admission members will be required to book a reserved seat through Ticketek using the 12-digit barcode on your membership card.

How much does it cost?
There is no charge to book a reserved seat on Level 5 of the Riverbank or East Stand.

If you would like to book a reserved seat on Level 1 or 3, a member upgrade fee will apply.

How many reserved seats can I book?
General Admission members can only book one reserved seat per barcode. Members can enter up to 10 barcodes per transaction so that you can sit with friends and family.

Can I purchase additional guest tickets?
In the Member Priority window, Members will not be able to purchase additional tickets. As capacity is limited, we need to ensure our Members have first opportunity on seats before the General Public.

Once the Member priority window has closed, you may be able to purchase additional tickets but this will be subject to availability and capacity.

When can I book?
We will advise dates for the Member Priority window once confirmed with Ticketek. We anticipate that Members will be able to book tickets to all scheduled games at that point in time (for example, you can book tickets for Rounds 2, 4 and 6 in one transaction).

Do I use my membership card for entry?
No, General Admission members will use the ticket allocated to them by Ticketek. Similar to the 2020 season, tickets will be mobile only.

We encourage members to plan ahead and ensure they have a Ticketek account and download the Ticketek app for smooth booking of tickets.

If I don’t book a reserved seat will I miss out on attending?
As capacity is limited, tickets will be allocated until capacity is reached. If a member does not book a ticket through Ticketek and capacity is reached (sold out), a general admission member will not be able to attend.

We strongly encourage our General Admission members make use of the Member Priority window to avoid disappointment.

I'm a Flexi Member, is the process the same?
Flexi Members will be required to book a reserved seat through Ticketek, similar to General Admission members. As Flexi members do not have 12 digit barcode on their membership card, we will provide Flexi members with an alternative process to access tickets.

NON-ACCESS MEMBERS

I don’t have access to games via my membership, can I purchase tickets?

Yes, subject to availability, you will be able to book tickets via Ticketek during the General Public on-sale. Alternatively, we have 3, 6, and 11 game membership options available if Members would like to upgrade for the 2021 season.

Options are available here.

Hot Port

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I received our memberships packs today!!

Now the next thing is I hope we’ll be able to sit in our reserved seats... cannot wait

Adelaide Oval has Aisles but I will call them Bays as I have to talk about aisle seats. This is my understanding of how the pod system works.

If a Bay has 30 seats wide by 25 rows, then seats 1 and 2 and seats 29 and 30 every row, ie the aisle seats, will be moved. Also all of row A, maybe row B at ground level seats will be moved as well as row Z ( stadiums usually eliminate row I) unless they set up a barrier to keep people from standing and leaning over or near row Z people.

Row A in the 200 Bays in the western stand and 300 and 500 Bays around the ground won't be moved as they wont be close to touching the players but the aisle seats will be. Not sure about the equivalent to row Z in those Bays.

The 300 Bay seats in the southern and eastern stands probably won't have the aisle seated members moved because you have the stairwell separating each bay so that helps to make each bay effectively act as a pod.

In the eastern stand row F is the last of the black diamond rows before the fence for the Stadium Club members. They might remove people from row F and even row G in the Stadium Club seats.

Lawnchair Larry

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm not sure that there is much to be gained in looking too hard at these data, given the world we have lived in.....but here it is anyway. If there is later data than 6 Feb this year, then pls let me know. Likewise no real sense in continuing data beyond where I finished in 2020, IMO.
PAFC Membership 2021.jpg

3,240 members signed up in 2 weeks. Reckon the announcement of 75% capacity at AO has helped.

1613979694896.png

Covid has made a lot of clubs very shy. Usually this time of the year, 10-14 of the clubs have membership tallies on their home page or membership page. Only Port, Saints and Cats have totals up. People are probably hanging out for more certainty about access to games.

Edit My bad I had to look a bit closer.
Carlton, Melbourne and North have put up figures.

Carlton are roaring already have beaten 2020 and 2019 figures. No idea if they are doing a crows freebie count.

Port 2021 41,275 - 2020 51,759 - 2019 58,200 - Port's tally is their unaudited total for all 3 years
StK. 2021 40,788 - 2020 48,588 - 2019 43,038 - Saints is their AFL audited tally for 2020 and 2019
Gee 2021 45,740 - 2020 60,066 - 2019 65,063 - Cats is their AFL audited tally for 2020 and 2019
Carl 2021 70,687 - 2020 67,035 - 2019 64,269 - Blues is their AFL audited tally for 2020 and 2019
Mel. 2021 32,954 - 2020 40,571 - 2019 52,421 - Demons is their AFL audited tally for 2020 and 2019
NM. 2021 32,620 - 2020 38,667 - 2019 42,419 - North is their AFL audited tally for 2020 and 2019

Port's audited total was 2020 46,820 - 2019 51,951 mainly due to the AO Football Members split being removed from the tally the club keeps.

Last edited:
Would think it would be fair for us essential platinum members to book a seat we can use for the whole season.

Hopefully being able to book all currently scheduled games in one go, means you get the same seat for those at least.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
I'm an AO member and Mrs Dore is an Essential Power Platinum member. I received the following in an email from the SMA which aligns with the email the club sent out.

"You will be required to book a reserved seated ticket within the Western Stand on a game-by-game basis for each game you plan on attending.

There will be no fee to book the reserved seated ticket which means you get to enhance your gameday experience with a reserved seat at no additional cost!

You will be provided with an exclusive priority window to book (in conjunction with Essential Crows or Essential Power members for their respective home games) before any remaining tickets are made available to the public."

Lawnchair Larry

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Membership card glued to the inside of the outer of 2 pockets, when I expected everything in the inner pocket.
Trivial I know but had me scratching my head until I reexamined the packaging.

Back