Club Mgmt. 2021 Membership Thread - Final tally 81,662 members!

was this club members only?
I have AFL and kept both memberships going. Not seen the 2021 pack yet either (not too bothered given the amount of plastic in it and i have tons of scarves)
Signed jumpers though :)
It depended on your level of membership but about a year ago the club gave us the option to pledge our membership and get a signed guernsey and a free upgrade in 2021, donate it to some particular sport charity so that the money would go back to the club and you could use it as a tax deduction, or you could get a refund but still be counted as a member. That was for a bronze reserved seat. So I pledged mine and got the guernsey and away access added to my membership for 2021. But you had to click the button in the email to do it, it wasn't automatic.

You won't get a membership pack in 2021, the club has cut it back because of COVID. You now only get a pack if you're a junior member or if you're in a milestone year, in which case I think you get all three (hat, beanie and scarf?)

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
It depended on your level of membership but about a year ago the club gave us the option to pledge our membership and get a signed guernsey and a free upgrade in 2021, donate it to some particular sport charity so that the money would go back to the club and you could use it as a tax deduction, or you could get a refund but still be counted as a member. That was for a bronze reserved seat. So I pledged mine and got the guernsey and away access added to my membership for 2021. But you had to click the button in the email to do it, it wasn't automatic.

You won't get a membership pack in 2021, the club has cut it back because of COVID. You now only get a pack if you're a junior member or if you're in a milestone year, in which case I think you get all three (hat, beanie and scarf?)
ah sweet
Gotta admit, i was getting over the packs and what to do with the scarves (donated all but 2020 & 2013 - i keep the whatever it takes one for sentimental purpose :p)

I remember pledging the fee.
Keen to see if a jumper is inbound :)

ah sweet
Gotta admit, i was getting over the packs and what to do with the scarves (donated all but 2020 & 2013 - i keep the whatever it takes one for sentimental purpose :p)

I remember pledging the fee.
Keen to see if a jumper is inbound :)
Did you pick your player and everything?

I was planning to turn mine into a blanket... so I bought a 2021 Anzac scarf to go in the set 🤣

dave10

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Interesting offer going at the moment.

$1 for the next two games, and then $21 a month for four months.

Basically a flexi 8 but with a trial period I suppose?
Pretty good offer. Basically getting two ‘winnable’ games free. The round 9 game in a family friendly 1:10pm Sunday against Freo good for the family to go along. Then if you take up the offer you can probably go to Dreamtime at the G as part of the $85 offer.. Pretty decent value you’d have to say!
B430DFCE-92A9-44BE-81B7-3C73C57D300A.jpeg

Post-season letter from the president touched on membership value in 2021;

Football is part of our fabric as a community and like all of us, seeing the MCG’s empty stands last Sunday was another stark reminder of the challenges faced during the 2021 season.

We appreciate it has been disappointing not having the opportunity to attend more games, so if you feel that you did not receive value from your membership in 2021, please advise our member services team and they can discuss your options with you.

Speaking of value, I still haven’t received my 2020 guernseys.
Good luck.

I've realised the same thing and the clubs now telling me even though I confirmed I wanted it, logged in and picked the player and later confirmed sizing that I'm now not eligible.

But they did give me a free upgrade, which I couldn't use. 🙄

Good luck.

I've realised the same thing and the clubs now telling me even though I confirmed I wanted it, logged in and picked the player and later confirmed sizing that I'm now not eligible.

But they did give me a free upgrade, which I couldn't use. 🙄
Did you pay postage?

IggypopsTshirt

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
I received this correspondence two weeks ago.

“We want to thank you for your patience in waiting to receive your 2020 pledge signed guernsey. The process of having the guernseys delivered, signed and sent out to you has taken longer than we had hoped or anticipated and can understand the frustration of the delays”.

Delays are understandable. 100 odd weeks though🤷🏼‍♂️
I called up at one stage this year and they didn’t stop too far short of telling me Walla had carpal tunnel from signing guernseys and needed a rest.

“We want to thank you for your patience in waiting to receive your 2020 pledge signed guernsey. The process of having the guernseys delivered, signed and sent out to you has taken longer than we had hoped or anticipated and can understand the frustration of the delays”.

I called up at one stage this year and they didn’t stop too far short of telling me Walla had carpal tunnel from signing guernseys and needed a rest.

This is very odd - I called up last week and spoke to them and they told me they simply didn't know why it hadn't been sent but assured me they would send it 'tomorrow'....let's see if I actually get it...

Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Colts, Renegades
I chose the option to pick mine up at a game this year and was lucky enough to be able to....I was annoyed that they charged a shipping fee given I chose to effectively donate my membership. So it seems they charge a shipping fee then don't send it out. Good scam.

IggypopsTshirt

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon

Update:
217E2392-8CDE-4D78-A22B-1F258F5E1AC8.jpeg

So I've now provided the club with screenshot proof that they told me they were just waiting on Tippa to sign it before sending it to me.

Can't wait to see how they spin this one.
I take back my complaints since I'm now getting 2 team signed jumpers.

kleanr

Team Captain
Dec 9, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
If this helps anyone ( ping yodellinhank ) I have been a Full AFL Member for maybe 10 or so years now (not sure as they don't celebrate or reward loyalty at all), I've also tagged on an EFC Bronze Reserved Seat so I can get a decent seat at Marvel. I then had to tag on a 4 game MCG Home seat package with the AFL...it all mounted up! It was once great to get access to other teams blockbuster matches in the year, sometimes guest passes and finals. I was lucky to get to a few finals and grand finals. About 4 years ago that changed with saturation of AFL members and missing out on so many, nearly all I wanted to attend of those other games and finals. Plus they no longer send all money to the club nominated, they state in the fine print "a small percentage".

So for 2022 I'm flipping the bird to the AFL and signing up for the EFC High Mark

PM me if anyone wants a chat about my switch...happy to help and even happier my hard earned is going to the club and not a corporation that is constantly breaking the game and making up rules on the run

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
If this helps anyone ( ping yodellinhank ) I have been a Full AFL Member for maybe 10 or so years now (not sure as they don't celebrate or reward loyalty at all), I've also tagged on an EFC Bronze Reserved Seat so I can get a decent seat at Marvel. I then had to tag on a 4 game MCG Home seat package with the AFL...it all mounted up! It was once great to get access to other teams blockbuster matches in the year, sometimes guest passes and finals. I was lucky to get to a few finals and grand finals. About 4 years ago that changed with saturation of AFL members and missing out on so many, nearly all I wanted to attend of those other games and finals. Plus they no longer send all money to the club nominated, they state in the fine print "a small percentage".

So for 2022 I'm flipping the bird to the AFL and signing up for the EFC High Mark

PM me if anyone wants a chat about my switch...happy to help and even happier my hard earned is going to the club and not a corporation that is constantly breaking the game and making up rules on the run
Hope you get a good seat mate. High Mark was my intention when I called the club a few years back, I don't think either party expected the result of that conversation.

Back