Club Mgmt. 2021 Membership Thread - Final tally 81,662 members!

Looks like we have some info about 2021 memberships. I'd be interested to know if everyone got the same email or if it's different depending on whether you pledged, donated or refunded your 2020 membership... I pledged mine, and I was a bronze member with reserved seats at home games.

My email basically says:

- Membership prices frozen at 2020 levels
- Free upgrade, now have away access to all Melbourne games included in my membership for 2021 (If we get subbed in Queensland again that's somewhat redundant)
- $30 bombershop voucher in lieu of membership packs (basically you can buy your hat or scarf instead of having it in the pack)
- Will only get a membership pack if you're child or in a milestone year

So they're scrapping membership packs, basically. Idk about y'all but I never did anything with the stickers and other crap anyway. I still want a member scarf though 😒 wonder if they'll be available in the bombershop 🤔

My collection of unused membership scarves ceases to grow. Hurrah.
I had plans to turn mine into a blanket lol. Don't have enough yet :\

Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Colts, Renegades
Looks like we have some info about 2021 memberships. I'd be interested to know if everyone got the same email or if it's different depending on whether you pledged, donated or refunded your 2020 membership... I pledged mine, and I was a bronze member with reserved seats at home games.

My email basically says:

- Membership prices frozen at 2020 levels
- Free upgrade, now have away access to all Melbourne games included in my membership for 2021 (If we get subbed in Queensland again that's somewhat redundant)
- $30 bombershop voucher in lieu of membership packs (basically you can buy your hat or scarf instead of having it in the pack)
- Will only get a membership pack if you're child or in a milestone year

So they're scrapping membership packs, basically. Idk about y'all but I never did anything with the stickers and other crap anyway. I still want a member scarf though 😒 wonder if they'll be available in the bombershop 🤔
Makes sense, it's a decent cost-saving measure across the 50,000 memberships we'll get...
Yep it does make complete sense, my only issue with it is the BS sales talk in the email that tries to make it seem they're doing us a favour and adding value.

* I hate bullshit sales/corporate talk. Just be frank and courteous.

PS Lore, I'm high mark and pledged mine also and got the same email.

Last edited:
Yep it does make complete sense, my only issue with it is the BS sales talk in the email that tries to make it seem they're doing us a favour and adding value.

fu** I hate bullshit sales/corporate talk. Just be frank and courteous.

PS Lore, I'm high mark and pledged mine also and got the same email.
That annoyed me too. I've not been a fan of the marketing folk lately.

Interesting. High mark doesn't ordinarily have away access?

Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
That annoyed me too. I've not been a fan of the marketing folk lately.

Interesting. High mark doesn't ordinarily have away access?
You can choose, I have High Mark Home & Away (reserved obviously) for all Melbourne games. Been great value this year. :(

Given the amount of money spent on that and pledged, I was pleased that they offered a signed guernsey, but also a little peeved that if I wanted it before next year I had to pay for shipping of it. I guess it's good they're saving that money, but it just shows you how much they just want to bleed us dry.

A better approach would be to offer to send it with free shipping as thanks for the support, but point out that if you want the club to save more money given this year then you could choose to pay for shipping or pick it up for free next year.

You can choose, I have High Mark Home & Away (reserved obviously) for all Melbourne games. Been great value this year. :(

Given the amount of money spent on that and pledged, I was pleased that they offered a signed guernsey, but also a little peeved that if I wanted it before next year I had to pay for shipping of it. I guess it's good they're saving that money, but it just shows you how much they just want to bleed us dry.

A better approach would be to offer to send it with free shipping as thanks for the support, but point out that if you want the club to save more money given this year then you could choose to pay for shipping or pick it up for free next year.
So you've got away access next year to go with your reserved away seats? 🤣 I don't think they can upgrade you, you're already at the top level of membership short of joining coteries or getting into player sponsorship, corporate boxes or hospitality.

Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
So you've got away access next year to go with your reserved away seats? 🤣 I don't think they can upgrade you, you're already at the top level of membership short of joining coteries or getting into player sponsorship, corporate boxes or hospitality.
Maybe if they still gave it to me I can bring a friend to not sit next to me! Yay!

Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Oh and just re-checked my email, nothing about any upgrade for away access. A rare case of those paying more getting less in this world. Here is the full email to me:
Firstly, thank you for being a member in 2020. In a year of challenges and frustration, the loyalty and support of the Bomber faithful has never been more important or more valued by our club.

It has been an unprecedented year for our industry and the challenges that we have faced will undoubtedly have a lasting financial impact. For us, it is vital that we retain our independent and unassisted status, however this is only something we can achieve with the support from our loyal, proud and committed members.

In the coming weeks you will receive renewal notices for your 2021 EFC membership and we’d like to take this opportunity to outline a few changes you’ll see, and some added value we’re excited to offer you as you Don the Sash again in 2021.

PRICE FREEZE
The price of your 2021 membership has been frozen at 2020 prices. We understand how important your membership is to you, and so we are committed to making it as affordable as possible.

MEMBER PACKS
We have listened to our members and in an effort to provide greener, more sustainable member packs in 2021, we have made a number of changes to our program. Like you, we value quality over quantity, and for this reason we will now provide improved member packs to adult and concession members only in their consecutive milestone years of membership, as we recognise the importance of celebrating your loyalty and commitment to the club in these years - that is in your 5th year, 10th year and so on.

All Juniors, Skeeta Fleet and Baby Bombers will continue to receive quality packs every year they are a member, as we know how much it means to them.

RENEWAL REWARDS
Our members also told us they wanted more choice rather than receiving the same pack each year, so we are excited to now offer every adult and concession member a $30 coupon to spend online at the Bomber Shop, in addition to your 10% member discount, when you renew your membership before Christmas 2020. This is yours to use as you like on any product on the Bomber Shop website*.

The extra value doesn’t stop there, as a 2021 member you will also have exclusive access to rewards and offers from our partners including Amart Furniture, Coles Insurance, Maccas, AIA Insurance and many more. Keep an eye out for these throughout the year, including when you receive your 2021 membership card!

Lastly, we want to reassure you that should the 2021 season be impacted, we will provide you with a range of options to address this as we did in season 2020. But more importantly we want to keep taking your money while trying to make it seem like you're not being screwed.

Kind regards and Go Bombers!

bomba

Draftee
May 17, 2003
MELBOURNE
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
My guess (based on absolutely nothing) is that next season the AFL will only allow stadiums to be 30% full (i.e. 15-20k at DOcklands and 30k at the MCG) to allow for social distancing. This will reek havoc with reserved seating offerings and the number of matches members can access next year. I'd be interested to see how the club addresses this scenario. I'd hope the AFL would be looking at this already.

dave10

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I’m a Highmark member, have any other members not received their renewal notices yet? I’m sure we were meant to have received by now. When’s the auto rollover date?

Incidentally, Carlton already over 50,000!

I’d have thought COVID and a dishevelled football team and club bode poorly for membership. It could be down significantly again in 2021.

We will know this if the club doesn’t put up a counter / tracker for 2021 for obvious reasons. These are sad and concerning times for Essendon and a long way back once members walk away in droves.

dave10

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Covid could help boost the membership this season, if attendance is going to rely on it
Hmmm. The atmosphere among supporters is still toxic. Read the comments attached to the clubs membership offers on Facebook today. Supporters are angry and fare enough too. They’ve stopped listening.

I can’t emphasise how important it is the club is transparent with this review by Brasher this month. It needs to listen to the fans. It needs to demonstrate actions are being taken.

It’s troubling to also hear members stuck on hold for 30 minutes trying to speak to the membership dept. COVID or no COVID, the club can’t drop the ball in service delivery right now. Supporters don’t need much ammo to stick their proverbial finger up!

And rolling out the coach to talk to us ASAP.

Then I think winning games is basically the only way the club will get back inside with its base.

Space Indaver

Debutant
Oct 16, 2014
Aichi, Japan
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon, Chicago Bulls, Preston
I won't be getting another membership, personally. I doubt I'd be able to get to enough games to make it a smart financial decision over just buying individual tickets, and I don't see membership as anything other than buying tickets (at AFL level, at least).

The clubs see my Kayo rights money eventually.

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Back